OT: Montreal Impact Thread: 2021 2012 1992 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campoozmstnz

May 27, 2013
I hope there's enough negative feedback that they abandon this idea. Like someone mentioned it looks like a logo for a ski hill. It's so bland. Not to mention all the negative connotations of snowflakes and foot club. It's like they were completely oblivious to all that.

Also, who's idea was it to have a winter logo for a sport played primarily in the summer? None of it makes sense.
I think someone just said "Hey, the We the North motto works really well, we need to do something like that!". The impact has never been a leader..

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
24 hours later.... the logo doesn't bother me as much. So maybe it'll get to the point where I might like it.

I am looking forward to the kit reveal. If they do go with gray, I do hope they'll have black shorts and socks because the white shorts with the gray shirts last year were ugly. But I know they dropped the white.

And as Pompeius said, the real formula to make the rebrand successful is the play on the pitch.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
In the end, the best rebranding tool is gonna be winning matches/playing fun to watch football. You could have the prettiest to look at team around and it won't do much if we suck on the field. That and a little star power maybe, casual fans do need to have one or two names that they've heard before on a roster.

Fk star power at this point. It's great for marketing and targeting international players. Henry is good enough for that. We have to keep signing young promising players, and selling them to reinvest in the team. The Ajax, Benfica model

Renard seems to be doing work in this way... and hopefully it continues! Our roster is quite decent for next season but we need a commanding CB and perhaps another MF

Reactions: QuebecPride

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Fk star power at this point. It's great for marketing and targeting international players. Henry is good enough for that. We have to keep signing young promising players, and selling them to reinvest in the team. The Ajax, Benfica model

Renard seems to be doing work in this way... and hopefully it continues! Our roster is quite decent for next season but we need a commanding CB and perhaps another MF
Oh I 100% agree with that approach. I was just talking about casual awareness, which seems to be one of the goals.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
The rebrand has definitely generated a lot of social media discussion (100+ comments on the Virgin Radio or Montreal Gazette posts about the rebrand for example). Despite the general negative feedback, they did get people talking about the team.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Now we just have to round out the roster. Saw on Twitter a Bojan interview where he says he hasn't rejected/accepted CFM's (typed IMFC out of habit lol) offer yet, and he thinks it's still on the table.

Not sure what to make of that. If they found a player in the TAM range that fits his profile they probably would have pulled the offer already, so maybe the market's not great at his position.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Still a bitter man. No real Impact fan will cry tho. NDS was at the heart of the badly managed team for years. He's the Impact's Réjean Houle. Has the team at heart, but was not competent at his job.

Nah, he was much better than Rejean. He won a championship as a coach and was part of some historical moments. I don't like the dude, his micromanagement and him always favoring family but he's had a much better legacy than Rejean Houle.

I mean, he brought Drogba here.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We should all pretend Club de Foot does not exist and call them CF Montreal.

It's the same as any team who has FC after their name. Nobody calls them Football Club. Same idea here. They should be CF Montréal rather than always calling them Club de Foot Montréal.

And the same as Orlando and Columbus and Nashville going by Soccer Club, everyone says SC.

Reactions: willzyix

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's the same as any team who has FC after their name. Nobody calls them Football Club. Same idea here. They should be CF Montréal rather than always calling them Club de Foot Montréal.

And the same as Orlando and Columbus and Nashville going by Soccer Club, everyone says SC.

Well so far, I've rarely heard people in the media refer to them as CF Montréal and the merch is either Club de Foot Montreal or CFM. Even all the social media handles are ClubdeFoot. I say they should push the CF Montréal as the way to call themselves.

They are getting eviscerated. They should really drop the snowflake thing really, they're just really calling for it lol.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Now we just have to round out the roster. Saw on Twitter a Bojan interview where he says he hasn't rejected/accepted CFM's (typed IMFC out of habit lol) offer yet, and he thinks it's still on the table.

Not sure what to make of that. If they found a player in the TAM range that fits his profile they probably would have pulled the offer already, so maybe the market's not great at his position.

That's interesting. If we get rid of Urruti, maybe he has a spot on our roster.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Well so far, I've rarely heard people in the media refer to them as CF Montréal and the merch is either Club de Foot Montreal or CFM. Even all the social media handles are ClubdeFoot. I say they should push the CF Montréal as the way to call themselves.

They are getting eviscerated. They should really drop the snowflake thing really, they're just really calling for it lol.

Oh god. :laugh:

City_of_Bloomington_profile-650x351.jpg

We're so original :sarcasm:

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020

I think they’re trying to control the message. It’s not really an insult if you’re framing it positively. “You’re a snowflake” “yes”. That kind of thing. But yeah, kind of a weird angle to go with, and not a big fan of it.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
That's interesting. If we get rid of Urruti, maybe he has a spot on our roster.
Yeah, not really sure what’s going on. A lot of what seems to be the cap structure hinged on Urruti becoming a DP. But if Urruti manages to work his way out then we still have a free DP spot and can just give Bojan that spot and use the TAM on someone else.

Bojan as DP for the season wouldn’t be worse than Urruti filling that spot.

Reactions: JtotheC

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Nah, he was much better than Rejean. He won a championship as a coach and was part of some historical moments. I don't like the dude, his micromanagement and him always favoring family but he's had a much better legacy than Rejean Houle.

I mean, he brought Drogba here.
True!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad