OT: Montreal Impact Thread: 2021 2012 1992 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So the Impact name is gone and this weird logo and simply Montreal Football team is how they will be referred to? Dumb and ugly.

Olfer

Apr 25, 2019
Rouyn-Noranda
The logo is too cluttered and the colors are too faded. Look how it just disappears.

Attachments

• mls.png
    mls.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: ArtPeur

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah I wasn’t a fan of the old logo personally. New one is fine. My issue is Club de Foot. Montreal is in Quebec, not France. No one refers it to “le foot” here other than possibly immigrants.

Reactions: Kimota

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah I wasn’t a fan of the old logo personally. New one is fine. My issue is Club de Foot. Montreal is in Quebec, not France. No one refers it to “le foot” here other than possibly immigrants.
I think eurosnobs are the target population with this new brand. Personally, I like CF Montréal, but I don't like Club de Foot because it makes me think of France. We are not France.

Reactions: le_sean

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
We're going to add another logo, a single raindrop that can also be interpreted as sweat: because we work hard to win games.

:dunno:

damn dude

and like a drop of water is also just one part of a bigger thing, so every player is like a drop and the bucket of water is like the team and also a drop of water is kinda round like a ball and we score with a ball, as a team

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

A lot of people in Montréal refer to it as Foot. And they're catering to those people, obviously. They're not trying to attract the Québécois de souche from Boucherville. It's not a bad move because a lot of immigrant kids are already soccer fans. But convincing them to cheer for the local team is not an easy task.

Reactions: dinodebino

Olfer

Apr 25, 2019
Rouyn-Noranda
Québécois born in Montréal now speak like French people from the banlieue, so yes, I hear that a lot now.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
damn dude

and like a drop of water is also just one part of a bigger thing, so every player is like a drop and the bucket of water is like the team and also a drop of water is kinda round like a ball and we score with a ball, as a team

I should be employed too. I would come up with something brilliant in less time than they did

The people coming up with that logo idea got PAID?

.. took them 2 years!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Québécois born in Montréal now speak like French people from the banlieue, so yes, I hear that a lot now.

But is there even a team in France that uses Club de Foot? It’s just odd. It would have been easier to just go with Club de Football.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I guess unpopular but I like most of this. New logo is more modern, better colours, merch looks nicer, and at least the new name is timeless. Like most I would have preferred "football" over just "foot", but meh.

At least now it's official and we can go back to wanting Urruti to leave.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
So you can't act like a "big club" unless you have some form of "football club" in your team name? I don't get it. If this has been in the works for 2 years what is the excuse for the product on the pitch?

Olfer

Apr 25, 2019
Rouyn-Noranda
But is there even a team in France that uses Club de Foot? It’s just odd. It would have been easier to just go with Club de Football.
I agree. They explained it in the conference by saying that they didn't want to be too european by going "football" or too north-american by saying "soccer", hence the weird middle ground "foot".

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
A lot of people in Montréal refer to it as Foot. And they're catering to those people, obviously. They're not trying to attract the Québécois de souche from Boucherville. It's not a bad move because a lot of immigrant kids are already soccer fans. But convincing them to cheer for the local team is not an easy task.

Maybe it’s a younger generation thing (not that I’m old) but I barely ever hear it referred to as “foot”. I’ll take your word for it though!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I agree. They explained it in the conference by saying that they didn't want to be too european by going "football" or too north-american by saying "soccer", hence the weird middle ground "foot".

It’s also completely ignoring that the city is bilingual and foot makes no sense to anglophones. In fact it makes it sound like Club Foot which is comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino