OT: Montreal Impact Thread: 2021 2012 1992 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know why I feel relaxed about this situation.... Does Renard really give off that sense of comfort and trust?

Like this is a prime moment to say this club is a disaster, but I'm more like, meh... I get it from Henry's standpoint and feel like we'll be ok in the end...
I think part of it is that we were all expecting a sudden exit since the day he was hired. But Renard does give off good vibes because he gets shit done. He doesn't come off as a BS'er.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I don't know why I feel relaxed about this situation.... Does Renard really give off that sense of comfort and trust?

Like this is a prime moment to say this club is a disaster, but I'm more like, meh... I get it from Henry's standpoint and feel like we'll be ok in the end...
It’s because we’re not losing much. Henry was a great marketing tool, but it’s not like we’re losing the best coach in the game.

He’ll be replaced with someone who hopefully coaches better than Henry does and we’ll be better off in the end. The only bad part of the news is the timing, and it’s why I really judge Henry’s character. It’s obvious this was going to be the situation for 2021. If it was going to be a problem, leave earlier.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It’s because we’re not losing much. Henry was a great marketing tool, but it’s not like we’re losing the best coach in the game.

He’ll be replaced with someone who hopefully coaches better than Henry does and we’ll be better off in the end. The only bad part of the news is the timing, and it’s why I really judge Henry’s character. It’s obvious this was going to be the situation for 2021. If it was going to be a problem, leave earlier.

To be fair, he left in early January for the UK, everything was pointing towards him leaving. It could be that the team didn't want to announce before the jersey reveal? Who knows.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
To be fair, he left in early January for the UK, everything was pointing towards him leaving. It could be that the team didn't want to announce before the jersey reveal? Who knows.
It’s possible they knew earlier, but Gilmore and Renard said they tried to get it to work, but Henry told them on Feb 10th about his family issues, and the decision was formalized on Monday.

Until it’s official you’re handcuffing the team a bit.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
I am kind of expecting Wanyama, who came to Montreal (because of Henry) to leave as soon as his agent receives feelers from other clubs.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Doubt both. Olson is a terrible coach and if they wanted to give it to Nancy they would do it now, they wouldn’t name him interim.

He would be a better candidate than any one from Europe who knows nothing about MLS and it would take them a year to get acclimated, its back to square one.

His squad was average at best with Kitchen and a very old Arnaud as his CMs, he finished 1st in East and won coach otY in 2014. That was the 1st year I watched more MLS. The other years he had very below average squads and he rarely missed playoffs.

It became a meme to ridicule him because DC would never fire him. He is only 43 years old with 10 years of experience, so Glad Renard is considering him.

Would be hilarious if he names himself head coach. I just want a MLS coach for once. We arent getting Allegri nor Sarri lets settle for a Schmetzer.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Is that the crazy mexican coach who had a walky talky in the stands in Orlando after getting thrown out?
1610370367_512547_1610371926_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad