Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
so the reports of the way the apology went was accurate then, and from that report it sounded like a fake ass apology with no remorse behind it to begin with. Nice to see someone who was there confirm so.

Has anyone else said anything? I bet Big E isn't too happy considering his tweet about Hogan a couple of years ago when the video came out.

In other news, Daniel Cormier did an interview and said "maybe I'll beat Brock for the Universal Championship" lol I want that crossover so bad

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Sasha hasn’t said anything but she’s been liking the tweets from Titus and New Day. I’d imagine that its even harder as a female talent to say anything.

Rollins also RT’d.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hope we can put all this behind us. No excuse for Hogan's actions but hoping that's all behind us now and we can move on with our lives and Hogan can be on wrestling again.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sasha hasn’t said anything but she’s been liking the tweets from Titus and New Day. I’d imagine that its even harder as a female talent to say anything.

Rollins also RT’d.

Also someone named Kendra Lust liked the tweet.... :D Seems to be a wrestling fan as she loves Sasha Banks' entrance music.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yet he will be because he's Hogan and instant an instant huge pop.

Hogan was getting stale as a nostalgia act even before he was scrubbed. I'm sure he'll get the nostalgia pop early on but if they make him a relatively consistent presence on the show, his reactions will die pretty quickly. He's also not going to make them any real money. But he has a lot more of a risk now to tank the value of their product with what surrounds him now especially as talent puts out there their belief that he wasn't sincere in his apology.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Hulk Hogan won't be a regular, they'll use him like they use other legends. Sporadic appareance, things on the Network. They don't welcome "current" Hulk Hogan back, they just give themselves the right to promote his career again and refer to him. That's where his value is.

Unless they are stupid enough to make him GM or something, there is no "risk".

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hulk Hogan won't be a regular, they'll use him like they use other legends. Sporadic appareance, things on the Network. They don't welcome "current" Hulk Hogan back, they just give themselves the right to promote his career again and refer to him. That's where his value is.

Unless they are stupid enough to make him GM or something, there is no "risk".

I disagree that there is no risk even with a sporadic use. This is only going to promote bad news and attach it to WWE. That's bad for business at the end of the day. They're not in a position where any press is good press.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AJ Styles was asked if he's on Team Kenny/Elite or Team Firing Squad and said he's on team Firing Squad.

I'm just imagining a world where WWE-NJPW have a working partnership for a short time period so we can get Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale and Tanga Lao vs. Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, Cody Rhodes, Marty Scurll, Hangman Page and Owens or Takahashi.

also a cool little nod at kayfabe as well, but Tama Tonga did an interview with SI and said he asked AJ and Finn what to do about the "Elite" before turning on them.

more of a cool little tidbit, when Balor and Styles were kicked out of the BC, the Firing Squad was never there or a part of it iirc. Nothing will ever come from it unfortunately, but it's a cool little nod to the Bullet Club arc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fro

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I just suggested on XWs gamer instagram that Hogan should put his apology into action and kiss the ass of any Black past or present wwe member. Maybe he sees it lol

Talk about a ratings draw

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
AJ Styles was asked if he's on Team Kenny/Elite or Team Firing Squad and said he's on team Firing Squad.

I'm just imagining a world where WWE-NJPW have a working partnership for a short time period so we can get Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale and Tanga Lao vs. Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, Cody Rhodes, Marty Scurll, Hangman Page and Owens or Takahashi.

also a cool little nod at kayfabe as well, but Tama Tonga did an interview with SI and said he asked AJ and Finn what to do about the "Elite" before turning on them.

more of a cool little tidbit, when Balor and Styles were kicked out of the BC, the Firing Squad was never there or a part of it iirc. Nothing will ever come from it unfortunately, but it's a cool little nod to the Bullet Club arc.
Sounds like Baltimore could be a good city for that match...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I just suggested on XWs gamer instagram that Hogan should put his apology into action and kiss the ass of any Black past or present wwe member. Maybe he sees it lol

Talk about a ratings draw

Or Vince inducts Hulk into the KMA club while wearing blackface. I mean you guys all think that Vince is completely insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad