Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
what if they're gonna have Bayley and Sasha get "married" at the all women's event to draw people to attend and watch only for Sasha to destroy her

lol...

Reactions: CPTN71

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd like to see the women's tag belts float between both brands.
This is how I would do it.

Start a tag team tournament, have it start the Monday after SummerSlam. Have qualification matches on Raw, SDLinclude a couple surprise entrants from NXT and the MYC even. Have it all culminate at Survivor Series, where the Raw #1 contender and SDL #1 contender meet to determine the Champions.

At the Raw after the Super ShowDown, announce that after Survivor Series the brand split for female competitors is being removed and at Survivor Series not only will we have a Women's Tag Champion, but the Raw (Rousey) and SDL (Flair?) singles champions will meet in a unification match.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I'd like to see the women's tag belts float between both brands.

EDIT:I agree

As far as women tag teams go all they have to do is not link the tag titles to one specific show. Make the initial storylines about the GM's putting teams together to bring the titles to their brand. You could also create a storyline where brand loyalty is tested by a team with a member from each show. It's really not as difficult as many of you make it out to be.

As for potential tag teams...
Absolution(Mandy Rose & Sonya DeVille)
Riott Squad(Ruby Riott & Sarah Logan)
The IIconics(Peyton & Billie)
The Bellas(Nikki & Brie)
Fab-u-lous(Liv Morgan & Carmella)
BFF(Sasha & Bayley)
Neon Knights(Naomi & Ember Moon)
The Legacy(Charlotte & Natalya)
Steampunk Sanity(Becky & Nikki Cross)
Eastern Empire(Asuka & Kairi Sane)
Beauty and the Beast(Alexa Bliss & Nia Jax)
Samoan Sistas(Tamina & Nia Jax)
New Spirit Squad(Alexa Bliss & Carmella)
Pin Ups(Dana Brooke & Lacey Evans)
MMA/Horsewomen(Sonya Deville & Shayna Bazsler or Rhonda Rousey)
MicKool(Mickie James & Michelle McCool)
Kai-N-Kai(Kairi Sane & Dakota Kai)

There's really plenty of options they can go with, with the amount of talent they have signed. I'd keep the seperate singles titles on the different shows as it keeps everyone busy when not in the tag title hunt.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- ROH have sent feelers out to CM Punk about working the ROH/NJPW show in April at MSG in New York. Dave Meltzer says he doesn’t think it will happen, however it will be interesting to see how far talks go

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- ROH have sent feelers out to CM Punk about working the ROH/NJPW show in April at MSG in New York. Dave Meltzer says he doesn’t think it will happen, however it will be interesting to see how far talks go
Omg pls

Reactions: Cor

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
EDIT:I agree

As far as women tag teams go all they have to do is not link the tag titles to one specific show. Make the initial storylines about the GM's putting teams together to bring the titles to their brand. You could also create a storyline where brand loyalty is tested by a team with a member from each show. It's really not as difficult as many of you make it out to be.

As for potential tag teams...
Absolution(Mandy Rose & Sonya DeVille)
Riott Squad(Ruby Riott & Sarah Logan)
The IIconics(Peyton & Billie)
The Bellas(Nikki & Brie)
Fab-u-lous(Liv Morgan & Carmella)
BFF(Sasha & Bayley)
Neon Knights(Naomi & Ember Moon)
The Legacy(Charlotte & Natalya)
Steampunk Sanity(Becky & Nikki Cross)
Eastern Empire(Asuka & Kairi Sane)
Beauty and the Beast(Alexa Bliss & Nia Jax)
Samoan Sistas(Tamina & Nia Jax)
New Spirit Squad(Alexa Bliss & Carmella)
Pin Ups(Dana Brooke & Lacey Evans)
MMA/Horsewomen(Sonya Deville & Shayna Bazsler or Rhonda Rousey)
MicKool(Mickie James & Michelle McCool)
Kai-N-Kai(Kairi Sane & Dakota Kai)

There's really plenty of options they can go with, with the amount of talent they have signed. I'd keep the seperate singles titles on the different shows as it keeps everyone busy when not in the tag title hunt.
That should be named Kaiwai, seeing as how kawaii they are :3

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Dave Meltzer said John Cena will probably be involved with SummerSlam.

There was previously speculation of Cena vs Taker happening.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
its his job and he loves it.
never understood the hate for someone announcing what he hears.
i personaly dont like to read about spoilers and rumors, but its so fun to hear him talk. buddy is pasionated about wrestling,
he is indeed a nerd, correcting peoples height and weight, but i have zero problem with it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my favourite Meltzer moment

Alvarez: "The match went on for hours"
Meltzer: "It was nine minutes"
Alvarez: "Well it felt like hours"

Reactions: Deen and M.C.G. 31

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Keep in mind he’s done this for what? 40 years? It’s his life. He’s firmly in the wrestling bubble and there’s nothing wrong with that - it’s his life and his livelihood.

That says, he’s SO in the bubble that I think he might have some sort of social disorder — he misses out on a lot of social cues, completely no-sells humour and seems to have no idea what exaggerations or hyperbole is (as seidoN mentioned above for an example) and he also equated calling someone a mark to calling a black person the n-word once on Twitter.

So I don’t think he’s a nerd, he’s just enveloped in what is his career and passion - just so much so that it may have affected him socially too.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
my favourite Meltzer moment

Alvarez: "The match went on for hours"
Alvarez: "Well it felt like hours"

This is usually when he's been awake for two straight days.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Brock Lesner provided his first drug test sample this past week, his first since rejoining the pool on July 3rd. He won't be eligible to fight until January 3rd 2019. Daniel Cormier said he won't fight Brock unless he's 100% sure that Brock is clean, and wants Brock to do more testing above USADA regulations

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
This is usually when he's been awake for two straight days.

Is that you Meltzer?

can't wait for Cormier to beat Lesnar

On paper this happens. Never know though with Brock, he has shovels for fists and basically put Heath Herring into retirement. He is probably 70 pounds heavier than Cormier. Lesnar is a good under dog bet in this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
end it with Asuka/Becky and Ronda/someone good

then we can talk

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dave rightly believes they need to have both Alexa and Carmella drop the belts before Evolution because you can’t end that show with two bad matches.
That’s what I thought last night too. You gotta shift those titles to good workers before the event. At least Bliss/Mickie can do some tag team stuff on the show, but I’d have no clue as to what Carmella does after losing but that doesn’t matter imo.

Have Becky win at SS and build to Becky/Asuka, Becky/Charlotte or a triple threat, and have Ronda defend vs. Natalya just because it’s a bit too soon to do Ronda vs. Asuka/Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley imo.

I could see them just saying f*** it and going Ronda vs. Asuka though too if the plan is Ronda vs. Charlotte at WM.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Rhonda & Nattie. The lead up to the match will suck, but in ring it will be good.

I'd do Rhonda/Nattie v Charlotte/Becky for the tag titles. If they're going to move the Raw title to make that a good match, it would have to be Sasha v Bayley and there really isn't a good option for Asuka at that point for Smackdown's women's title. So while that won't be a good match, I think you kind of have to make Asuka whole at this show and beat Carmella for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad