Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
And it won't be the last I bet. If WWE wants to root out this kind of behavior, they have to continue to punish it even if it means scrubbing the biggest reason why the company exists right now. But they're carnies that don't really care about that stuff. It's about the money and although Hulk can't make a lot of money, I'm sure he can make them enough to justify the kind of contract they'd give him now. The only way this can even pass is if he keeps his mouth shut and the WWE doesn't do something stupid and put him on TV.

This is Hulk Hogan, not Brutus the Barber Beefcake. He made a dumb comment in private and it got leaked. It's not like he went on a twitter rant about it plus he has since made many apologies. I'm not sure what example needs to made... don't say stupid things around your friends? They'd have to fire half the locker room if that was the case. I don't see the problem giving him a second chance. If he does something like that again, ok, but i think we can give one of the top WWE stars of all time one more chance.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is Hulk Hogan, not Brutus the Barber Beefcake. He made a dumb comment in private and it got leaked. It's not like he went on a twitter rant about it plus he has since made many apologies. I'm not sure what example needs to made... don't say stupid things around your friends? They'd have to fire half the locker room if that was the case. I don't see the problem giving him a second chance. If he does something like that again, ok, but i think we can give one of the top WWE stars of all time one more chance.

Hulk Hogan is not a very bright person. He can make all the apologies in the world but it doesn't change that that's who he really is. Hogan is very known for his selfishness and willingness to do and say whatever it takes to get what he wants. This is no different. He's putting on an act to get paid and get a bit of the spotlight back. That's all it is. I loved the guy growing up but there's way too much evidence showing that those comments are a lot truer a reflection of who he is than the apologies you'll see out of him. He's simply not a guy they should have allowed back because he's not a good person and this is just one of the more damning pieces of evidence as to why he's not a good person. There's a lot more out there and he hasn't changed.

Reactions: BonMorrison

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why is he saying the n-word to his friends to describe someone his daughter was dating or didn’t want to date or whatever it was?

Why was he blaming the victim of the crash that Nick Hogan caused and tried to profit off it with a reality show about Nick’s bounce back?

Hulk Hogan/Terry Bollea is a piece of shit. He deserves no chances.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So a new class is starting in NXT this week. Names I know so far are:

Io Shirai
Keith Lee
Deonna Purrazzo
MJ Jenkins
Lacey Lane

Luke Menzies - Rugby league
Taishan Dong - Chinese boxer (who's legit in the 210cm range)
Denzel DeJournette - Collage wrestler

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Taishan Dong looks like someone they could really do something with. He's huge and can move very well for his size. If he takes well to the grind of it, he could be what they wanted Khali to be...good and an entry into another market.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So like literally every other person who issues a public apology??

Basically and that's why you're not supposed to believe them. Hogan is a carnie and he's just doing what he needs to do to get back into the carnival of professional wrestling. He's not a changed man and he's not a man that deserves another opportunity in a just world but since it's WWE, he's not even the worst piece of shit in their company. That guy's at the top.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Basically and that's why you're not supposed to believe them. Hogan is a carnie and he's just doing what he needs to do to get back into the carnival of professional wrestling. He's not a changed man and he's not a man that deserves another opportunity in a just world but since it's WWE, he's not even the worst piece of **** in their company. That guy's at the top.
We saw Michael Vick get another opportunity. Honestly I'm no longer shocked by this kind of thing after that happened...

Wait out the outrage & you'll eventually be back. See ya in 2023 Roseanne!

Reactions: sabremike

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hogan is Hogan and certainly no excuse for what he said. That said it happened a few yrs. ago, time has passed and it'd be good to see Hogan involved again.

Reactions: Hypernova

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We saw Michael Vick get another opportunity. Honestly I'm no longer shocked by this kind of thing after that happened...

Wait out the outrage & you'll eventually be back. See ya in 2023 Roseanne!

Yeah, the wait for it to blow over strategy seems to be an effective one.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hogan is Hogan and certainly no excuse for what he said. That said it happened a few yrs. ago, time has passed and it'd be good to see Hogan involved again.

What exactly would be good about seeing Hogan doing anything? He's too old and too cheesy.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

Io Shirai
Keith Lee
Deonna Purrazzo
MJ Jenkins
Lacey Lane

WWE has an article with a small bio on this lot, link, and one name was missed from before:

Stacey Ervin Jr. - Gymnast

(Apparently Stacey is a unisex name. I had no idea and was confused when I saw a picture of a guy in the WWE article lol.)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE has an article with a small bio on this lot, link, and one name was missed from before:

Stacey Ervin Jr. - Gymnast

(Apparently Stacey is a unisex name. I had no idea and was confused when I saw a picture of a guy in the WWE article lol.)
It’s a name like Ashley, although there’s probably more male Ashley’s in the U.K.

Oct 18, 2011
Announcing that Hulk is back is so ****ed up. If they're going to (wrongfully) re-instate him so be it, just business as usual for this trash company but announcing it and saying how long it's been is basically saying "we have a 3 year forgiveness policy on racism." **** Hogan.
First of all he was illegally recorded

Second the comment was made over a decade ago

Third, how long are we supposed to punish people for saying stupid things?

Should he address the black WWE employees? Yes he should he should listen to why that word is so hurtful to them and do his best to rectify it

Many people have used racial slurs and been punished less for it

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
New Day Say They Won't Associate With Hulk Hogan Until "Genuine Effort to Change" is Made

How do we feel? Indifferent. We are not happy, or sad, angry or resentful. Who WWE puts into the HOF is totally and completely up to the company and from a career standpoint, there is no argument on whether or not Hogan should have his place. We have no problem with his re-induction in the slightest degree. It is impossible to even begin to mention the history and evolution of the business without mentioning his name and accolades.

On a personal level, when someone makes racist and hateful comments about any race or group of people, especially to the degree that Hogan made about our people, we find it difficult to simply forget, regardless of how long ago it was, or the situation in which those comments were made. But we also do not respond with more feelings of hate. Instead, we just do not associate with the people who convey or have conveyed this negative and hurtful mindset. This instance will be no different. Perhaps if we see him make a genuine effort to change, then maybe our opinion will change with him. Time will tell.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Io Shirai
Keith Lee
Deonna Purrazzo
MJ Jenkins
Lacey Lane

Io and Keith Lee make this class a win already.

I'm curious about this Denzel guy. Is wrestling a collage similar to Kota Ibushi wrestling a blowup doll? :p

Reactions: Fro

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
First of all he was illegally recorded

Second the comment was made over a decade ago

Third, how long are we supposed to punish people for saying stupid things?

Should he address the black WWE employees? Yes he should he should listen to why that word is so hurtful to them and do his best to rectify it

Many people have used racial slurs and been punished less for it

Being illegally recorded doesn't change that he said what he said. Second, do you really believe that someone who was 53 or 54 at the time he said it is really going to change how he is on that front as a 64 year old man? Especially when this particular individual has a very long history of manipulation for selfish ends? Third, in the business of WWE where perception influences business and this type of thing tends to stick with someone, the punishment should be indefinite. The more that this is made public the harder it's going to be for people to forget what he did and it's going to be very difficult for people to be convinced that he has changed.

You're right that many have been punished less for this but this is a lot different than most other situations. The WWE isn't a sport where results matter as it pertains to wins and losses. The WWE is entertainment and it's hard for a lot of people to be entertained by a person, even with the nostalgia associated with him, who they know has been racist and can't trust he's any different. And if they put him on TV, they're trying to entertain people with this person and it can go very badly for them.

Hogan is way too selfish of a person for me to believe that he'd ever change on something like this.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad