Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So the WWE stock price has been going up and up with the new TV deal, after having already been going up in anticipation of a big contract before the deal was even made.

And now Morgan Stanley has set a target price at $100 per share, which is real high. They're currently at $76.90, which is already crazy high.

For some context: WWE were in the $15~20 range since forever but started to climb this past winter, hitting $38~41 with the speculation of the new TV contract. They then shot up to $58~62 in May when the UFC announced their big deal, before then going over $70+ when WWE's own deal was announced.

Reactions: DoyleG

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jason Jordan has been cleared for well over a month, but creative have no plans for him.

There was some talk of American Alpha reuniting.

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jason Jordan has been cleared for well over a month, but creative have no plans for him.

There was some talk of American Alpha reuniting.
I called an AA reunion like a month ago and I wasn’t even watching I just kept reading that Ziggler and Drew were beating up Gable for like two weeks in a row.

Made too much sense.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Sasha Banks vs Bayley is expected to be one of the main matches at SummerSlam, with the two expected to get plenty of time, in hopes of the two recreating the magic from their NXT bouts.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
- Sasha Banks vs Bayley is expected to be one of the main matches at SummerSlam, with the two expected to get plenty of time, in hopes of the two recreating the magic from their NXT bouts.

if it takes place the night before Summerslam maybe

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Paul Heyman has joined the writing team for RAW according to fightful.com Paul Heyman was listed as a Writer on a production sheet for RAW, and is listed as a Road Writer, meaning he’ll be traveling with the company. He was backstage at RAW this Monday.

On the production sheet, Paul Heyman, along with Ryan Ward, created the opening segment between Reigns and Lashley, and Heyman also helped with the Lashley “live shot” after the Bo Dallas vs Matt Hardy shot.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Yeah right now, its just a match that I don't care about anymore. It took way too long to the point of illogical to start, and then they made it into a joke angle.

- Paul Heyman has joined the writing team for RAW according to fightful.com Paul Heyman was listed as a Writer on a production sheet for RAW, and is listed as a Road Writer, meaning he’ll be traveling with the company. He was backstage at RAW this Monday.

On the production sheet, Paul Heyman, along with Ryan Ward, created the opening segment between Reigns and Lashley, and Heyman also helped with the Lashley “live shot” after the Bo Dallas vs Matt Hardy shot.

I'm surprised at this news, I didn't think that Heyman was interested in being a full timer anymore and had things outside of WWE. Also he will admit that the last time that he was involved in a true creative capacity that he was absolutely miserable and couldn't get along with Vince.

I love Paul and his creativity, but I think this is going to go badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Meltzer mentioned this the other night on his show. It's not that Heyman is on the writing staff, just that he's producing the segments that are to do with Lesnar, which in this case is the build between Reigns and Lashley. He's always done it, so I don't think he's joining the staff full time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah right now, its just a match that I don't care about anymore. It took way too long to the point of illogical to start, and then they made it into a joke angle.

I think thats why they are going to give the match time. Hope they can pull off a high quality match to sorta jump start the feud

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Meltzer mentioned this the other night on his show. It's not that Heyman is on the writing staff, just that he's producing the segments that are to do with Lesnar, which in this case is the build between Reigns and Lashley. He's always done it, so I don't think he's joining the staff full time.

To me the outright shame is that I think when Lesnar leaves, Paul will leave, and frankly whenever Paul comes out to promo its a must see moment.

When we talk about how currently the writers pretty much write the promo's for the wrestlers, Paul is a throwback and does his own stuff.

Anyone who has the network has to watch the Stone Cold Podcast with Heyman, yeah the last few minutes are awkward as heck and fake as heck. But when he talks about the science of promo's, the question about "Where the money", and how the WWE has pretty much removed the concept of finishing moves being special its psychology 101.

I think thats why they are going to give the match time. Hope they can pull off a high quality match to sorta jump start the feud

A couple of things on this, because the idea of another Bayley vs Sasha match is something to look forward to.

However they need to drop the stupidity of the counseling segment, and get it back to the ring and get back to the angry resentful Bayley beating the holy hell out of Sasha. The problem right now is that Sasha is the female Roman Reigns in that she's just not a face. But I think they can do interesting things with Bayley being a face beating up a bully like she's a heel and being incredibly resentful and hateful. Have her jumping Sasha in the parking lot. interrupting Sasha's matches . Cutting promo's where she calls out Sasha for being a piece of garbage and a bad friend.

No stalker angles, no social media angles, no more video segments where its just talking. Have Bayley getting her piece of flesh. Really twist Bayley to the point where she craps on the fans for cheering for a bad friend and telling them that the hugger movement is dead. Have her come out to her normal theme music and the inflatable bayley buddies and then stop it and say that she can't be that anymore. Simplify her entrance change her theme to be like the creepy version of the current theme.

Really let Bayley stretch her wings on this thing and make it a long feud that lasts to Wrestlemania.

Last edited by a moderator:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
To me the outright shame is that I think when Lesnar leaves, Paul will leave, and frankly whenever Paul comes out to promo its a must see moment.

When we talk about how currently the writers pretty much write the promo's for the wrestlers, Paul is a throwback and does his own stuff.

Anyone who has the network has to watch the Stone Cold Podcast with Heyman, yeah the last few minutes are awkward as heck and fake as heck. But when he talks about the science of promo's, the question about "Where the money", and how the WWE has pretty much removed the concept of finishing moves being special its psychology 101.
Heyman’s promos have been the same thing for like 3 years now lol

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Daniel Bryan said that while the wrestling world is interesting at the moment, but he loves working in the WEE, Brie works with the WWE, so there’s a good chance he’ll re-sign

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Calgary wrestling royalty airing dirty laundry in duelling attacks

Bret blames Martha for "erasing Owen from memory", Martha responds.

I can understand Martha being upset, but I don't personally blame WWE for what happened. They had done the stunt multiple times before without issue, and Owen had the ability to say no.

It's really unfortunate just how badly the Hart family has fallen apart.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can eat the same meal once a week as long as it's tastes good.
at a certain point I'll want variety than the same thing, even if it's just a little subtle change. Heyman has cut the same promo for 3 years. I love the guy, he's one of the GOAT talkers, but his material has been the same thing and I could just know he's in the ring and have a good idea of what he said.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Calgary wrestling royalty airing dirty laundry in duelling attacks

Bret blames Martha for "erasing Owen from memory", Martha responds.

I can understand Martha being upset, but I don't personally blame WWE for what happened. They had done the stunt multiple times before without issue, and Owen had the ability to say no.

It's really unfortunate just how badly the Hart family has fallen apart.

There's more then that, absolutely Martha has a right to be upset, most of the Hart Family sided with Vince because they wanted to gain Vince's favor and get jobs with the WWE.

However Bret stuck by Martha's side and supported her and helped her, and championed the lawsuit through the whole thing. He watched his mother and father die. Then in the end as soon as Martha won the lawsuit, she basically cast Bret out and anyone from the Wrestling world that supported her. In that Martha acted inappropriately. She felt she was too good for the wrestling world, and she acted badly towards her friends and supporters, and then completely buried the whole Hart family in her book. To add onto it, after all that when Bret had his stroke, Martha was nowhere to be found.

Look some of the Harts like Bruce and Diana and Georgia and the Anvil etc deserved the rough treatment, but Stu and Helen watched their family fall apart and stood with her. Bret gave her unconditional support.

Martha is not the beacon and niceness that she wants to be portrayed as.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Thank you for breaking that down. I didn't know any of that...

Sometimes families can really f'n suck. Hopefully one day Owen's legacy will be a bit more present

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There's more then that, absolutely Martha has a right to be upset, most of the Hart Family sided with Vince because they wanted to gain Vince's favor and get jobs with the WWE.

However Bret stuck by Martha's side and supported her and helped her, and championed the lawsuit through the whole thing. He watched his mother and father die. Then in the end as soon as Martha won the lawsuit, she basically cast Bret out and anyone from the Wrestling world that supported her. In that Martha acted inappropriately. She felt she was too good for the wrestling world, and she acted badly towards her friends and supporters, and then completely buried the whole Hart family in her book. To add onto it, after all that when Bret had his stroke, Martha was nowhere to be found.

Look some of the Harts like Bruce and Diana and Georgia and the Anvil etc deserved the rough treatment, but Stu and Helen watched their family fall apart and stood with her. Bret gave her unconditional support.

Martha is not the beacon and niceness that she wants to be portrayed as.

It still doesn’t change the fact that the WWE has tried to profit on Owens death and exclude her at the same time. There are a few examples but one of them is the DVD controversy no?

WWE can still suck a fat one in this case.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So Hogan is back in the Hall of Fame... From WWE.com:

After a three-year suspension, Hulk Hogan has been reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame. This second chance follows Hogan’s numerous public apologies and volunteering to work with young people, where he is helping them learn from his mistake. These efforts led to a recent induction into the Boys & Girls Clubs of America Alumni Hall of Fame

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bryan f****d up.

Re-signing right before they brought Hogan back, when he could have waited and made a social statement by saying he was out the door if they brought Hogan back.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->