Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'd do Rhonda/Nattie v Charlotte/Becky for the tag titles.

I really dont see WWE doing that. they want Ronda front and center. she will be in a title match, ill assure you now

I personally would like to see the tag titles being Iconics v Bayley/Sasha. Iconics come out claiming to be the best two women, S/B surprisingly come out on Smackdown to disagree (to tie in with the cross-brand defending) and they announce the Tag Titles

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I really dont see WWE doing that. they want Ronda front and center. she will be in a title match, ill assure you now

I personally would like to see the tag titles being Iconics v Bayley/Sasha. Iconics come out claiming to be the best two women, S/B surprisingly come out on Smackdown to disagree (to tie in with the cross-brand defending) and they announce the Tag Titles

I do. That tag match will main event the first women's only show in the WWE umbrella for the new tag titles. It's the best way to make those titles important from the start while protecting Ronda.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Do you need to protect Ronda? They practice and script her matches a ton down at the Performance Centre, and it's shown to work. Give her a singles match against someone decent and the results will most likely be good.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I do. That tag match will main event the first women's only show in the WWE umbrella for the new tag titles. It's the best way to make those titles important from the start while protecting Ronda.

I guess we'll see. I dont think Sasha/Bayley reconciling and not having a match is a coincidence

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Do you need to protect Ronda? They practice and script her matches a ton down at the Performance Centre, and it's shown to work. Give her a singles match against someone decent and the results will most likely be good.

In this setup, yes you do. You want Ronda's star power in that match but you don't want her to actually win and you don't want her to be the one losing.

I guess we'll see. I dont think Sasha/Bayley reconciling and not having a match is a coincidence

Yeah, in my setup, that's accounted for. There's three months between now and when this event will take place. That's plenty of time for them to reconcile, make someone jealous, and have a falling out that involves having a title match between Sasha and Bayley then.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
lots of rumors of Mat Riddle signing with wwe/nxt. (bro!)
he pulled off BOLA and not taking bookings

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Things that don't make sense for 200

Stephanie McMahon was asked if Women's tag belts would be revealed at, or for the Evolution event, and Stephanie said no, but they are keen on doing Women's tag belts at some point. So essentially they are going to have the build up and the event itself, and then weeks later Stephanie will be back for another "historic announcement"

Stephanie though was asked if she'd be fighting at the event, and she said that the focus should be on the great women superstars first and foremost and if it made sense she would love too, but that has yet to be determined.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Considering a trip to New York for this. The Royal Rumble went so well that I have pretty high hopes.
With every big women's match/thing they've done recently, they've pull the women off of the house show tours and sent them to the Performance Centre to practice everything to make sure that it goes well. I'm expecting that they'll do the same for this show too, which should mean that the show will be good too. They do it for NXT TakeOvers too, and those always turn out great as well.

The limiting factor is really on the booking side of things. While practice can turn a bad match into an OK match, it's not going to turn it into a great match; and you really need those on a show like this. If they feature the likes of Carmella and Alexa in the big matches, then I'll be disappointed.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like the WWE games will get even more funding from 2K

GamesIndustry.biz reports that 2K Games is planning to step up their investment in the WWE 2K video game franchise.
No word yet on what the expansion might include but 2K President David Ismailer said the company is focusing on portfolio growth in the coming years. He said, “We’re looking to expand and grow our portfolio, whether it’s internally developing more products, or it’s adding more long-term partnerships to our 2K product line. We’re looking for quality products to deliver to consumers with long engagement.”

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Looks like the WWE games will get even more funding from 2K

GamesIndustry.biz reports that 2K Games is planning to step up their investment in the WWE 2K video game franchise.
No word yet on what the expansion might include but 2K President David Ismailer said the company is focusing on portfolio growth in the coming years. He said, “We’re looking to expand and grow our portfolio, whether it’s internally developing more products, or it’s adding more long-term partnerships to our 2K product line. We’re looking for quality products to deliver to consumers with long engagement.”

All I can think of is "please bring back 2K Hockey...".

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They've done some mobile games. I think they're waiting for it to be justified. Part of me hopes they've been working on an amazing hockey game for years and will release it to go against NHL 20 next year. And by years I mean since the PS4/XB1 console era where EA horribly botched the NHL series and its transition. Imagine playing a hockey game knowing there was 4-5 years of development behind it with depth like the NBA 2k series gets? Jeez.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Could be Ronda vs Alexa for the title, they have Alexa get DQ'd and stuff to keep the belt a little longer.

Unless Ronda wins at SS then Alexa has her 2nd rematch (because we all know these feuds usually work in 3's) at Evolution, after losing again at w.e the September PPV is.

Charlotte vs Becky for the SD title would be great as well.

Poor Asuka, she should be womens champ by now :shakehead:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Could be Ronda vs Alexa for the title, they have Alexa get DQ'd and stuff to keep the belt a little longer.

Unless Ronda wins at SS then Alexa has her 2nd rematch (because we all know these feuds usually work in 3's) at Evolution, after losing again at w.e the September PPV is.

Charlotte vs Becky for the SD title would be great as well.

Poor Asuka, she should be womens champ by now :shakehead:
I think I’d go with top matches of:

Becky/Charlotte/Asuka
Ronda/Bliss (submission)
MYC Finals to determine women’s tag champs (Sasha/Bayley vs. NXT team)
Baszler/Kai
James/Stratus
Cross/Natalya

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
At the WWE Comic Con panel, Matt Hardy was asked who from NXT he’d like to work with.

He said Dream, the third version of Carter, and he’s a big fan of Adam Cole Bay Bay

He then jokingly asked if Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks were there.

AJ Styles chimes in with “No, Not Yet”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad