Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
2K should announce GM Mode.

With how large rosters are in today's game, it would be so fun.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How are you going to do Alexa vs. Ronda in a submission match when Alexa doesn’t have a submission? She doesn’t even have a good finisher for pins

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How are you going to do Alexa vs. Ronda in a submission match when Alexa doesn’t have a submission? She doesn’t even have a good finisher for pins

You would introduce one. It isn't that hard to do but in a submission match there's either going to be a lot of run-in stuff to where she gets beat up til she passes out or Ronda just wins.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You would introduce one. It isn't that hard to do but in a submission match there's either going to be a lot of run-in stuff to where she gets beat up til she passes out or Ronda just wins.

I’m all for giving her a submission as it would make her stronger in-ring, but as a threat to Ronda, I don’t see that look good.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They should have Shayna Baszler debut at SummerSlam, wearing a blonde wig, and lock in a submission on Ronda to give Alexa the win.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I’m all for giving her a submission as it would make her stronger in-ring, but as a threat to Ronda, I don’t see that look good.

Well, no. I figure by that time, you would be making Ronda champion in that scenario. My issue would be more asking where it's believed that the MYC is a tag team tournament. It's a singles tournament.

If I'm booking Evolution, I'm obviously putting all three women's championships up, I'm having the MYC Finals there that will determine the #1 contender to the NXT Women's championship, and I'm having the semi-finals and finals of a tournament to determine the inaugural women's tag team champions. By then, I would work it to where those singles title matches would be Bayley-Sasha second main event slot or open, Asuka-Carmella midcard, and Baszler-Kai midcard. I'd probably have Kaitlyn-Shirai be the Finals of the MYC for now but that's subject to change depending on who they get. I'd make the semis of the tag tourney be Ronda-Natty/Bliss-James and Becky-Charlotte/IIconics. Have the finals be Ronda-Natty/Becky-Charlotte. Then throw the rest into a battle royal with a title shot on the line and have someone like Ember Moon win that.

Seven matches all with real meaning.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
he got signed cuz he was impresive.
he deliverd on nxt
..then finally Vince saw him on smackdown.
pretty much. He finally gets away from the jobber matches and not appearing on SD for weeks right into a non-title match with one of Vince's favourites and impresses enough to now be in line for a "big push."

Not surprising. Almas is the big Latino star WWE really wants. He's more reliable than ADR, much less baggage (only thing that's ever come out was him feeling lost and considering leaving WWE before the heel turn, ADR talked him out of it), and honestly, the dude looks amazing. He's good looking and he looks like a star, and he's Latino, he's everything Vince should want in his next big Latino star.

Normally I'd say him not being able to speak English too great would hinder him, but the Vega-Almas duo is amazing and there's a certain mystic to Almas when he speaks Spanish dressed up in his suits and then comes out and kicks ass.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't get this... why does Alexa have to be a threat to beat Rhonda? She's a heel champion, all she has to do is being cunning, opportunistic and cheat.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't get this... why does Alexa have to be a threat to beat Rhonda? She's a heel champion, all she has to do is being cunning, opportunistic and cheat.

Because they want everything Ronda does to be great.

Losing by submission to anybody sure as hell won't do that

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because they want everything Ronda does to be great.

Losing by submission to anybody sure as hell won't do that
It depends how Alexa gets her in a submission. She could remove the turnbuckle, Rhonda goes in head first and is "out", Alexa puts her in a sleeper or whatnot and it's over. Doesn't hurt Rhonda at all.

That said WWE isn't stupid enough to put those two in a submission match

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It depends how Alexa gets her in a submission. She could remove the turnbuckle, Rhonda goes in head first and is "out", Alexa puts her in a sleeper or whatnot and it's over. Doesn't hurt Rhonda at all.

You mean just like every title defense match Alexa's had? It's always been someone hitting turnbuckle, post or something, DDT and over. Despite getting most of the match getting squashed or the clearly better opponent holding back or doing suddenly stupid things. It's getting tiresome.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Anyone else notice that Dean Ambrose is on the SmackDown Live 1000 poster?

Eddie Guerrero is as well, which I’m not sure if
I like them doing

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That kills Ronda. They could do a DQ, but they're sure as hell not going to geek her out like that like they do everybody else.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That kills Ronda. They could do a DQ, but they're sure as hell not going to geek her out like that like they do everybody else.
I was suggested an exposed turnbuckle, that is not like everyone else and a heal winning by heel tactics doesn't hurt the face, this is my #1 pet peeve with wrestling fans, no matter who loses and how, they claim they are buried/ruined. Unless of course it's Roman, then they bitch how he's protected in a loss, but it never works when that way when it's someone they like.

I am of the belief that the WWE doesn't have their heels do enough underhanded things and they have them lose too much as a result. A heel should win at least 75% of the time IMO, because they will do whatever it takes to win. In those wins, at least another 75% of those should be by cheating and in those 25% they lose, at least half of them should be due to being caught cheating.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- WWE is interested in signing Juice Robinson to a contract.

- The Rock is hoping to have a match at WrestleMania 35, however it obviously depends on scheduling and insurance. He was supposed to team with Rousey at WM34 to go against Stephanie & HHH, but due to insurance issues, he was unable to. Elias has recently been talking smack about The Rock in recent media interviews.

Reactions: Fro

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
- WWE is interested in signing Juice Robinson to a contract.

- The Rock is hoping to have a match at WrestleMania 35, however it obviously depends on scheduling and insurance. He was supposed to team with Rousey at WM34 to go against Stephanie & HHH, but due to insurance issues, he was unable to. Elias has recently been talking smack about The Rock in recent media interviews.

Don't we hear things like that about the Rock every year? Yet, it hasn't happened since 29?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Don't we hear things like that about the Rock every year? Yet, it hasn't happened since 29?

To be fair, he did squash Rowan at WM32.

And at WM29 he got hurt against Cena, meaning he missed a media day for the Furious movie, and the filming of Hercules got pushed back weeks.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Anyone else notice that Dean Ambrose is on the SmackDown Live 1000 poster?

Eddie Guerrero is as well, which I’m not sure if
I like them doing
Haven’t seen it but Eddie is an SD legend. He was always on that brand. I don’t have a problem with it.

Dean... meh. Kind of helped with the hot start after the brand split so I guess.

Yeah. When he says he’s done with movies then maybe he’ll wrestle. As long as he has his movies the insurance won’t come after his injury pushed back filming dates. That’s why, at best, we’ll see what we did with Rowan.

Maybe if his schedule eases up and he doesn’t have filming commitments then maybe we’ll see a real match. With him doing more directing and producing, it’s a better chance than a couple of years ago where they wanted Rock/HHH and Rock in there teaming with Ronda, but again, if he has filming commitments he won’t get the match.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Almas was always going to get a big push. Despite the slow start I was never worried. The WWE wants a hispanic star, and he's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad