Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Sasha Banks apparently has heat on her for her Instagram stories of the WWF Women’s Tag Titles

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Shinsuke’s WWE contract is apparently up in a few months and NJPW wants him back.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back. He did say he would go back one day iirc when he left and he wanted to learn more in NA so he’d be even better when he goes back to Japan.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Shinsuke’s WWE contract is apparently up in a few months and NJPW wants him back.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back. He did say he would go back one day iirc when he left and he wanted to learn more in NA so he’d be even better when he goes back to Japan.

Nakamura, AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, & Karl Anderson’s contracts expire in January of 2019

Oct 18, 2011
- WWE is interested in signing Juice Robinson to a contract.

- The Rock is hoping to have a match at WrestleMania 35, however it obviously depends on scheduling and insurance. He was supposed to team with Rousey at WM34 to go against Stephanie & HHH, but due to insurance issues, he was unable to. Elias has recently been talking smack about The Rock in recent media interviews.
The Rock is a rich man so my opinion means little, but the guy should take a break from movies. All his shit is the same. I can't remember the last time I talked to anyone that wanted to see one of his films

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I watched Jumanji on my flight to Vancouver. Pretty solid actually.

But yeah. He's box office gold. Whether the movies are good (not that likely) or shit (pretty likely) people still show up to see them.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I watched Jumanji on my flight to Vancouver. Pretty solid actually.

But yeah. He's box office gold. Whether the movies are good (not that likely) or **** (pretty likely) people still show up to see them.

Is there another actor on his level as a box office draw right now? I’m a little older, so for me, Tom Cruise gets my money every time.

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is there another actor on his level as a box office draw right now? I’m a little older, so for me, Tom Cruise gets my money every time.
I don’t think so.

I’d argue The Rock also saved the Fast & Furious franchise because of his inclusion and how big of a star he is.

I don’t think there’s anyone bigger in Hollywood today.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The Rock as a big movie star is always strange to me.

Obviously I know he's a star, but I've never seen anything he's ever done. I'm not a movie guy at all, and I never go to the cinema (last time I went was probably Lord of the Rings 15+ years ago...), so in my brain there's like a giant void next to my wrestler Rock memories a note tagged on saying he's a bigger movie star.

It's a complete disconnect for me, and I have to remind myself about it whenever he's mentioned.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Apparently the WWE has changed their plans for the Intercontinental Championship at SummerSlam. Instead of just Rollins vs Ziggler more contenders are expected to be added to the match.

- Ronda Rousey says she wants to be the first Woman to Main Event WrestleMania next year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
ROH is "actively" trying to book CM Punk for their MSG show but those close to Punk say the chances are slim as he's told those people that he has no interest in doing pro wrestling.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
The Rock's movies, despite sucking balls, are obviously making money, or he wouldn't be featured. He is truly a horrendous actor. But, $$$$$

The WWE, despite their resources, continue to suck also.

The best PPV in years was the recent Impact Card. AINEC.

I'm just a cantankerous old man who desperately misses the Territories.

Anyone who followed them can't possibly follow the s*** show that is today's WWE.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't think he's a horrendous actor. I'd say he's routinely the best part of any movie he's in.

He's just in generic dumb and shitty popcorn flicks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad