Monthly News Thread (August/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California posted a tweet today advertising that The Fiend will challenge either Seth Rollins or Braun Strowman in a Hell in a Cell match at October's pay-per-view: "Get ready @WWE fans... 'The Fiend' @WWEBrayWyatt challenges @WWERollins or @BraunStrowman to a #HIAC match! Get your tickets now, and stay tuned"

The best part is, if that's true, you know he's gonna lose.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm watching the Angels game, they are did the Smackdown advert bit. There was a fan on the pitch so they've got some air to kill before they go back to the game, so they talk about wrestling for a bit. (I don't know who the commentators are, the normal team have the night off.)

It's hilariously clear that WWE never gave them any copy or prompts, 'cos the answers to who they liked were CM Punk and Jimmy Snuka lol. I'd have thought WWE would have given them something so they could at least avoid bring up people they'd like forgotten.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sounds like the original plan was for AOP to return on Monday and the Viking Raiders to work another squash match.

For whatever reason that was scraped.

It’s been said the wildcard rule has been a reason AOP’s return has been delayed.

It’s also expected that Drake Maverick will no longer associate with the duo

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm watching the Angels game, they are did the Smackdown advert bit. There was a fan on the pitch so they've got some air to kill before they go back to the game, so they talk about wrestling for a bit. (I don't know who the commentators are, the normal team have the night off.)

It's hilariously clear that WWE never gave them any copy or prompts, 'cos the answers to who they liked were CM Punk and Jimmy Snuka lol. I'd have thought WWE would have given them something so they could at least avoid bring up people they'd like forgotten.

Just needed a Benoit mention and they would’ve nailed the trio!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wade Keller says Paul Heyman wrote Sasha Banks’ promo on Monday.

Suddenly, everyone is going to love it. :sarcasm:

Big time yikes from me

Partly joking. Content was okay aside from pretty much killing the tag titles more than they were already killed, but Sasha’s delivery was absolutely awful.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i ddi like that she brought up all those internet rumors.
but yeah the delivery was pretty damn bad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Big time yikes from me

Partly joking. Content was okay aside from pretty much killing the tag titles more than they were already killed, but Sasha’s delivery was absolutely awful.
Delivery was absolutely fine. The material was not. No one buys that she never cared about the tag titles and it didn't establish what kind of heel she's supposed to be.

I would drop the whole Boss thing at this point, and have come up with something new. There's no where for that character to go. I'd be fine if she called herself 'the standard' of the women's division or something else. Something else to make her feel fresh.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Delivery was absolutely fine. The material was not. No one buys that she never cared about the tag titles and it didn't establish what kind of heel she's supposed to be.

I would drop the whole Boss thing at this point, and have come up with something new. There's no where for that character to go. I'd be fine if she called herself 'the standard' of the women's division or something else. Something else to make her feel fresh.
I know you’re a big Sasha fan, even more than I, but there’s no convincing me the delivery was fine. The delivery was god awful. She sounded like she forgot half her lines, didn’t believe her own character’s intentions and bombed a promo that a large portion of the roster could convincingly cut. It’s not hard to be a heel and say you came back to reclaim the division and to make money.

The tag title line was totally stupid and unnecessary, but aside from that, the material was fine. It wasn’t great or even good, but it wasn’t bad. It was Sasha’s delivery that wrecked that entire segment.

Oct 18, 2011

Big time yikes from me

Nothing about the way Sasha acts, wrestles, or presents herself seems real. She is the definition of the modern corporate wrestler despite the hair dye

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know you’re a big Sasha fan, even more than I, but there’s no convincing me the delivery was fine. The delivery was god awful. She sounded like she forgot half her lines, didn’t believe her own character’s intentions and bombed a promo that a large portion of the roster could convincingly cut. It’s not hard to be a heel and say you came back to reclaim the division and to make money.

The tag title line was totally stupid and unnecessary, but aside from that, the material was fine. It wasn’t great or even good, but it wasn’t bad. It was Sasha’s delivery that wrecked that entire segment.

The material wasn't good because nobody is sympathetic towards Nattie. Her delivery was absolutely fine, she used that same droning effect that makes Vince love Charlotte so much.

Oct 18, 2011

If the talent do not care about championships then why should the fans? then again WWE has so many championships most of them aren't worth anything. I hope AEW keeps it simple. 1 heavyweight champion, 1 tag champion, 1 women's champion and once they establish enough of a talent base then MAYBE something like a North America/TV/IC/Cruiserweight title

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the talent do not care about championships then why should the fans? then again WWE has so many championships most of them aren't worth anything. I hope AEW keeps it simple. 1 heavyweight champion, 1 tag champion, 1 women's champion and once they establish enough of a talent base then MAYBE something like a North America/TV/IC/Cruiserweight title
She didn't really even establish that she was coming after Becky and her title. Just that she wanted to come back and beat someone up.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Big time yikes from me

Sasha isn't very good at standing up and giving a scripted promo. If she doesn't care about what she's saying, she's not going to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad