Monthly News Thread (August/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Punk said he doesn’t care about the main event. He wants that $$$.

his reaction to finding out you can take time off in WWE was hilarious lol.

I think it’s inevitable he comes back. Where? we’ll see...

Let's be honest, a returning Punk shits on everybody in terms of buzz and popularity going into WrestleMania.

... That being said, his first build in WWE would probably be to go against Triple H.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Let's be honest, a returning Punk ****s on everybody in terms of buzz and popularity going into WrestleMania.

... That being said, his first build in WWE would probably be to go against Triple H.
I mean, HHH does make the most sense.

HHH or Roman imo is what it would have to be

Roman because he’s in the spot Punk worked for but could never have.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It almost feels inevitable that a returning Punk would have to go against HHH. Every time something is hot, it needs the rubbbuhhhhh. And it will turn out mediocre at best and be a waste.

I also don't buy for a second that Punk wouldn't care about being in the main event. WWE gave him the title and money, and he still very clearly hated not being in the main event. Being the actual main eventer in the company is basically the only thing he hasn't done, and Punk certainly has the ego to want that spot immediately.

Oct 18, 2011
It almost feels inevitable that a returning Punk would have to go against HHH. Every time something is hot, it needs the rubbbuhhhhh. And it will turn out mediocre at best and be a waste.

I also don't buy for a second that Punk wouldn't care about being in the main event. WWE gave him the title and money, and he still very clearly hated not being in the main event. Being the actual main eventer in the company is basically the only thing he hasn't done, and Punk certainly has the ego to want that spot immediately.
Yeah but the real life heat is what sells the match. Back in 2014 would we want to see that match? not really, now? yes because of the known real personal problems

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I’d rather we get one last John Cena vs. CM Punk match than any involvement with Triple H. If he ever returns for a final match, I’d rather it be a celebration of the best parts of his career than some weird on-screen WWEification where they give both sides of the story like they’ve done with Montreal. Hearing bad guy Triple H tell us what he thinks of CM Punk while trying to subtly turn it into a 50-50 crowd doesn’t appeal to me.

Plus John Cena has kind of just faded out, and he deserves to have an exclamation point match at the end of his career (though not necessarily a FINAL final match). Without Edge being available, it really should be CM Punk.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah but the real life heat is what sells the match. Back in 2014 would we want to see that match? not really, now? yes because of the known real personal problems

God no. Tri is 50 and hasn't been good in ring in a long, long time and Punk is a very unathletic 40 year old who presumably has his share of ring rust. I definitely believe in Punk's promos, but I don't want to hear Tri drone on for 10 minutes each week about how Punk couldn't cut it and have WWE push a narrative that bolsters HHH's case and cuts Punk's legs out from under him. Punk already cut a legendary promo about the McMahon-Hemsley faction and proceeded to have a poor feud with Tri. No need to reanimate that corpse.

I think that the best opponent for Punk would be Owens, but really I'd be happy with anybody who he hasn't feuded with before and could help Punk in ring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not saying they should do CM Punk vs. Triple H, but Triple H isn't retired and it would definitely be the biggest match they could do with CM Punk. I just hope CM Punk keeps some leverage and gets to work with only the people he wants to work with. I don't buy that he's been completely devoid of the product since leaving.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Not saying they should do CM Punk vs. Triple H, but Triple H isn't retired and it would definitely be the biggest match they could do with CM Punk. I just hope CM Punk keeps some leverage and gets to work with only the people he wants to work with. I don't buy that he's been completely devoid of the product since leaving.

I don't really buy the idea that he's working people in any way at this point. Pretty much everything that he's said about his future and where he's at since he retired has pretty much been true. I won't say that Punk's perspective is always correct, but he's always been a guy who is truthful in what he believes.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
he literally told a kid in a wheelchair he's doing better than him it seems. as he stood up.
the guy is the biggest f***ing asshole.... and im in love with him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm pretty sure MJF insulted every media person in that room at one point :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->