Monthly News Thread (August/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
It was pretty bad from both a content and delivery stand point.

If Heyman wrote it, it was a dud from him.
I don’t really know what is supposed to be so great about Sasha Banks. She’s fine in the ring. Maybe one of the better ones. But she’s wooden. She doesn’t have much of a personality. She does a nice little side slide on the ramp while holding her hands to the side. Dunno.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Meltzer reports that the WWE are reportedly in talks with Enzo and Cass about a return to NXT for when the show goes two hours

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
if there is to be a wild card rule I think the fans should be able to vote one man and one woman or a team of each. At least them we're guaranteed who we want to see...IF the vote is honest...and not fixed like in some places LOL

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Not a bad idea, for me I have always hated and always will hate the brand split.

If you're going to do it though I think it should be a hard brand split. No wildcards, make it truly two different brands. Not even kayfabe either, I would have different people running it, actually make a separate department for Smackdown, all of that jazz.

Kind of like how VW and Audi operate even though its all under the Volkswagen umbrella.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
if there is to be a wild card rule I think the fans should be able to vote one man and one woman or a team of each. At least them we're guaranteed who we want to see...IF the vote is honest...and not fixed like in some places LOL

One man, one woman and one tag team. Let fans vote each month who those will be.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cody says AEW will definitely air in Canada (TSN), and apparently word floating around is that Rogers will be airing NXT on one of their Sportsnet channels on Wednesdays live as well, so the war will be fought in Canada, too.

one thing with hockey obligations is that NXT may be aired on SN’s online channel some weeks.

none of this is confirmed, but it’s the speculation & word floating around.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
watch the war being, both shows dumped for hockey and basketball on wednesdays lol
rogers & wwe seem to have a really strong relationship, so I don’t think they’d ever do that. worst case, NXT would end up on their online channel some weeks, especially during playoffs, and on OLN I believe (Smackdown would be on OLN when it was the playoffs).

the main war is in America, and that’s all that matters, but it’s nice to see WWE takes the Canadian market more seriously than it did about a half decade ago even.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Not a bad idea, for me I have always hated and always will hate the brand split.

If you're going to do it though I think it should be a hard brand split. No wildcards, make it truly two different brands. Not even kayfabe either, I would have different people running it, actually make a separate department for Smackdown, all of that jazz.

Kind of like how VW and Audi operate even though its all under the Volkswagen umbrella.

It would have probably worked better if they had wwe and wcw brands, but for obvious reasons

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

You already know how this will go.

"CHECK OUT WWE.COM TO VOTE ON THIS WEEK'S WILD CARD OPTIONS!"

A. Becky Lynch
B. Tamina
C. Dana Brooke

*Must be WWE Network subscriber.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I feel like Bray should end up killing whoever he takes the title from.

Much like Brock vs. Cena at Summerslam years ago. Just let him obliterate whoever and ride it for awhile. They haven't had a character this intriguing in well over a decade.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Heyman putting 2 singles together to form a team is out of his playbook as well.

Problem is Roode is just boring and Ziggler has been stagnant for so long that the audience just doesn't care anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad