Monthly News Thread (August/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I dislike that you made this thread 'cos you have an ugly avatar :P.

For some actual news, Jim Smallman is leaving PROGRESS to work full time on NXT UK. He was already working NXT UK, but it's too much to do both shows.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bobby Lashley had surgery to remove Bone Spurs in his elbow.

He’s expected to be out until November

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s going to be called crown jewel again too

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- AEW is lined up to have 4 PPVs in 2020.

- NXT is tentatively planned to move to FS1, go live and go two hours. No word on when the move would happen exactly, but Fox has already informed affiliates. WWE feels they have the edge talent wise over AEW and can have main roster talent appear whenever they please as well.

- Goldberg reportedly made over $1-million for the Saudi show.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

- NXT is tentatively planned to move to FS1, go live and go two hours. No word on when the move would happen exactly, but Fox has already informed affiliates. WWE feels they have the edge talent wise over AEW and can have main roster talent appear whenever they please as well.

If they remove NXT from the network i don’t know if I keep it in canada

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they remove NXT from the network i don’t know if I keep it in canada
We don’t even get FS1 here so I wonder if we get it live on the network, or if it moves to Sportsnet.

Wednesdays aren’t busy hockey schedules.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
probably go to sportsnet360
man thats a good move in the way i was totally gonna watch AEW over nxt since one was live and longer. if they do that then im not sure now.

Oct 18, 2011

They're going to ruin NXT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They're going to ruin NXT
My thoughts as well. Get the feeling that Vince will feel paranoid and think that he needs to have his hands all over the shows ala Raw/Smackdown, and the show will become horrible regardless of the talent.

I mean, look at the talent on Raw and Smackdown. They have the edge talent wise there, too, but they piss away opportunities to do anything worthwhile with them. Same thing will happen to NXT if they start competing with AEW. Vince gonna Vince.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah that fundamentally changes what NXT is and within 2 months(being generous) it will be a hollow shell of what it once was. It has been a good run.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WWE is also in talks to buy Fite TV. It doesn’t mean Fite is interested in selling but there are talks set this week. AEW, along with other wrestling promotions, MMA and boxing stream content on Fite TV.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
My thoughts as well. Get the feeling that Vince will feel paranoid and think that he needs to have his hands all over the shows ala Raw/Smackdown, and the show will become horrible regardless of the talent.

I mean, look at the talent on Raw and Smackdown. They have the edge talent wise there, too, but they piss away opportunities to do anything worthwhile with them. Same thing will happen to NXT if they start competing with AEW. Vince gonna Vince.

Yep.

Vince is going to think that he needs to be running NXT, and it is going to go to shit.

I wonder if they will end up sending some people back down to NXT when it goes to TV, since they have another hour to fill. El Generico, AOP, The Ascension, Kairi Sane/Askua...hell, Andrade. Basically everyone that was a baller in NXT and never did shit on the main roster.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
- WWE is also in talks to buy Fite TV. It doesn’t mean Fite is interested in selling but there are talks set this week. AEW, along with other wrestling promotions, MMA and boxing stream content on Fite TV.

If Fite gets bought, who would AEW turn to for international distribution? DAZN???

B/R Live will always be distribution in the states, since it's owned by Turner.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He's been backstage on so many Takeover's and knows how well Hs runs it. I just don't see this happening. Heyman already gets to do many things on Raw and Vince surely trusts Trips more than him.

Reactions: Matt Riddle bro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad