Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
That SmackDown logo is sick.

I really hope the rumour is true and they bring back The Fist stage

I fully expect there to be presentation changes as I bet fox wants their show to look different more than it just being blue. Wouldn’t be surprised if pyro came back

Oct 18, 2011
totally not news, just funny; (JRs podcast)

Ross, who believes Punk won't return to pro wrestling in-ring action, had strong praise for Punk, and revealed that Triple H didn't always think the same. Triple H apparently was not a fan of Punk's physique and look, and had remarked on how Punk had a "big butt" and "looked soft."

"I remember someone saying his ass was too big," Jim Ross said.
Conrad then asked who made the comments on Punk's rear end,
Ross responded, "Hunter! It's all about the workout s--t, man. Or how he looked in an 8x10. He's not gonna look the same because he's not the same, and all you do is put out androids that look alike, then what the hell do ya got?"
I was listening to this in the gym Thursday night and it took everything to not burst out laughing. I was waiting for this thing to pick up steam but it seems to have not, yet

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So, Cass denied the rumors, Enzo has denied the rumors, and now HHH has denied the rumors.

So either they are 100% signed, or Meltzer is a million miles off on this one lmao

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Punk came up in a time where a lot of guys were all looking the same too (2007-2008 with the Orton clones was the worst, though).

I was going back and reading old dirt sheets and the swing is really funny.

Early in the year - I believe 2005 - the sheets were saying how people backstage were excited for CM Punk and how they thought Punk and HHH would be really tight because of their passion for wrestling. A few months later, there’s the report where HHH, HBK & Hayes were making fun of Punk, trashing him, tried cutting his legs out from under him before he even made TV (this was when he was doing dark matches. I can’t remember now if this was 2005 or early 2006).

I don’t know what the hell Shawn’s beef was with Punk.

Always love Survivor Series 2006 where fans were chanting “CM Punk” even though HHH & HBK as DX were captains.

Not sure that's completely accurate. Kinda contradicts the Lagana article from years ago that Punk was getting mocked in production meetings and HBK told everybody to quit mocking him and work with him to fix his perceived flaws.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure that's completely accurate. Kinda contradicts the Lagana article from years ago that Punk was getting mocked in production meetings and HBK told everybody to quit mocking him and work with him to fix his perceived flaws.

My recollection of wrestling gossip from the time was this. Michaels advocated for Punk. HHH of course did his best to keep others down as much as possible.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
that was at a later date, I believe. I fully believe Shawn is capable of admitting when he’s wrong. The initial report was from 2005 or early 2006 where they would mock him.

when Punk probably signed & was on TV, Shawn probably changed his tune because Punk is actually good.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
that was at a later date, I believe. I fully believe Shawn is capable of admitting when he’s wrong. The initial report was from 2005 or early 2006 where they would mock him.

when Punk probably signed & was on TV, Shawn probably changed his tune because Punk is actually good.

Right, the Lagana article came out in 2011, but was referring to the time when they were on the verge of firing him, which would be roughly the same time you're talking about.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Also, from Starcast.

MJ: Would he take a call from WWE’s Vince McMahon or Paul Leveseque?

Punk: At first he joked he’d take a call to tell them that he’ll need some time off. He said it’d be great to sign a full time contract, then he’d immediately ask for time off and say he has a vacation planned. “That would be funny.”

He said this will be taken out of context, then said: “I wouldn’t not talk to them. In what business does somebody suspend somebody else and then not come get them after the suspension. Why was it up to me? It’s just a weird situation. That said, I’ve over it. I’ve been over it a very long time. It’s in the past. I’m 40 years old and I try to be as zen and wise as I possibly can be. My life has taught me a lot of times I’d be confrontational when there was no need to be confrontational. Somebody cuts you off in traffic, who gives a shit? You’re going to see them at the red light. I’m not racing to the red light anymore. This will be taken out of context and lesser websites click bate for the next week, but I’ll have a conversation with anybody. But it’s nothing I’m reaching. I’m not calling them. I’ll talk to ya’ and see what you’ve got to say. But it better be good… I think I had a pretty good career, I don’t think there’s anything left I need to accomplish. There was stuff done under the guise of business that was absolutely personal that I’ve let go. I know who they are and if they didn’t talk to me, why would they talk to me now. It’s not an issue in my life, so whatever.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Creeping thought, but I half think you see Punk back in wrestling in the next 6 months.

Reading the entire summary of that interview, he talks about money, A LOT. He's openly said he'll talk to anybody. I get the feeling that he sees WWE and AEW both at war (Let's be honest, once WWE announced NXT going live, this is what it became) and knows he can play them both to get a massive payday.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
With the money WWE is taking in and the possibility of competition in AEW, if you're physically capable then it would be hard to stay away from wrestling over the next few months.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
if Punk isnt there tonight I think hes done for good

Both sides are going to want a major get over the next couple months to boost their interest.

As far as "Main stream" wrestling stars go, Hogan is too old, SCSA won't wrestle again, Rock isn't making weekly television appearances, and neither is Batista.

Punk is by far the biggest star that's available. I can easily see Vince throwing a $5M/year deal at him, if not more, just to keep him from AEW. And Tony, conversely offering less money but a lighter schedule and more creative freedom.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
wwe can offer Punk the world.

$5-million
limited dates
can do whatever side projects he wants
WM main event

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like these are mixed signals he’s sending. He doesn’t actively want to come back, but he would listen if they called?

Of course, the wrestling landscape is very different than it was when he left. Part of me believes it’s all just a con to get more money from WWE to do very little, because Vince will definitely buy people just to keep people away from AEW.

Keep in mind, Tony Khan once started all of this under the auspices that he was going to be able to get Punk for himself.

Oct 18, 2011
Creeping thought, but I half think you see Punk back in wrestling in the next 6 months.

Reading the entire summary of that interview, he talks about money, A LOT. He's openly said he'll talk to anybody. I get the feeling that he sees WWE and AEW both at war (Let's be honest, once WWE announced NXT going live, this is what it became) and knows he can play them both to get a massive payday.
He sounds like a guy that knows his value. If anything I think it's more of a message to AEW, but if Warrior and WWE can patch things up then so can Punk and WWE

I just don't see many great opponents for him in WWE. In the time he's been gone how many true, new stars have they made?

Oct 18, 2011
With the money WWE is taking in and the possibility of competition in AEW, if you're physically capable then it would be hard to stay away from wrestling over the next few months.
Also there's the fox thing. Perhaps that's more important than we think they're going to have influence and who knows what platforms they'll use to put the talent on

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He sounds like a guy that knows his value. If anything I think it's more of a message to AEW, but if Warrior and WWE can patch things up then so can Punk and WWE

I just don't see many great opponents for him in WWE. In the time he's been gone how many true, new stars have they made?

I was literally thinking, "Who the hell would he WM Main Event against?"

Lots of great matches, but not much star power. Punk vs. AJ. Punk vs. Rollins. Punk vs. Owens. Punk vs. Bryan. Punk vs. Balor. Punk vs. Roman.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Punk said he doesn’t care about the main event. He wants that $$$.

his reaction to finding out you can take time off in WWE was hilarious lol.

I think it’s inevitable he comes back. Where? we’ll see...

Oct 18, 2011
I was literally thinking, "Who the hell would he WM Main Event against?"

Lots of great matches, but not much star power. Punk vs. AJ. Punk vs. Rollins. Punk vs. Owens. Punk vs. Bryan. Punk vs. Balor. Punk vs. Roman.
Punk vs AJ and Owens has appeal to me. I'd love to see him and Joe but their booking of Joe has been trash

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Punk said he doesn’t care about the main event. He wants that $$$.

his reaction to finding out you can take time off in WWE was hilarious lol.

I think it’s inevitable he comes back. Where? we’ll see...
The thing is, if he gets the money, they will put him in main events just like Lesnar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad