Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bucks and Cody expire in November. Omega in January.

WWE is apparently planning to offer them very lucrative contracts. ROH says they have what they believe to be fair contracts for them.

Going to be interesting.
As a WWE guy, I really hope all 4 come to WWE, I honestly don't care too much about the Bucks, but if they help bring Omega, I hope WWE is "all in"

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
The Elite going to WWE would be terrible. biggest waste in wrestling history

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
They did okay with AJ, maybe they would with them to. Unlikely, but who knows.

AJ has had a good run in terms of title wins and presentation, but he also really hasnt had a standout feud. WWE cant do feuds properly.

as for the Bucks, main roster tag division has been a joke for a while. theres something there with the New Day but beyond that, meh

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Didn't Cody leave on bad terms?

He left because he didn’t want to do the StarDust gimmick and wanted to be Cody Rhodes.

Then WWE told him they owned the Cody Rhodes name, so he had to be just Cody.

So it was a bit messy, but it’s safe to say that WWE would allow him to be Cody Rhodes again if he were to return

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Isn't Cody Rhodes his real name? How can they own that?
As noted, his real name is Cody Runnels and obviously he'd use the name Rhodes in wrestling due to his family no matter where he got his start.

The problem is that he is a 100% WWE guy, so his Rhodes 'character' is owned by them. He wrestling as Runnels in OVW, only becoming Rhodes shortly before his call up. So WWE have ownership of the 'Cody Rhodes' name, even though he's the legit son of Dusty, who owned his own name.

There's no legal mechanic to pass a gimmick name down a family line, so Cody can't use it without WWE's say so. Goldust can go by Dustin Rhodes as he used that name before ever signing with WWE.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He left because he didn’t want to do the StarDust gimmick and wanted to be Cody Rhodes.

Then WWE told him they owned the Cody Rhodes name, so he had to be just Cody.

So it was a bit messy, but it’s safe to say that WWE would allow him to be Cody Rhodes again if he were to return
You missed the important reason he left.

He wanted to be a top guy, and WWE didn't see him as one.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bucks vs. New Day and Usos would be sick but that’s about it.

And good at Punk’s name being booed in Chicago.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Cody stinks. Come at me.

Ugh. Bret is the only living member of the Hart Foundation. That's crazy to think.

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
WWE creative will try really hard for Roman to be the face and Braun the heel in a Braun vs. Roman feud, but the fans are going to revolt big time.

I'm dying for a Roman heel turn. He would instantly be the top heel on Raw. Besides KO, there aren't too many strong heels on the show.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He still wouldn't be if he came back today.
At the very least he'd be put in a much stronger position that he was in before.

WWE booking is always going to be what it is, but you can't deny that there's a chance they'd actually push him to a world championship level now that he's had such a strong run outside of WWE.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
So sad about Jim the Anvil. Such a great character even if he was pretty average in the ring. Condolences again to the Harts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad