Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
For a midcard match with little stakes that’s really had a 2-year build, don’t know what else they’d do
Well if this were the attitude era Miz would have tried to convince Maryse to get an abortion because it would ruin her figure, but secretly the kid would be Daniel Bryan's and the reason Miz hates Daniel going back to NXT is because he knows Maryse had an affair with him.

This fued would culminate at a no contest at wrestlemania where Maryse dumps both of them woth the baby to leave with Brie Bella because swerve, Swerve SWERVE! VINCE RUSSO BABY!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Entertainment Inc. have filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Anthem Sports and Entertainmentalleging the GFW merger never went through and Impact has been wrongfully making money off their IP.
On May ’17, the two sides signed a term sheet regarding Jarrett’s employment as Chief Creative Officer of Anthem Wrestling and for the GFW merger. The term sheet, however, allegedly said GFE would retain all rights to the show they filmed called Amped.
Five months later, Jeff Jarrett was released from his position. As we previously reported, Jarrett.
Global Force Entertainment also has an issue with Impact’s Global Wrestling Network, pointing to the similarity of the logos and claiming Anthem doesn’t have a license to show the Amped footage.
GFE is seeking “an award of punitive and/or treble damages for at least three times the amount of Defendants’ profits or GFE’s damages, whichever is greater, due to the nature of Defendants’ wanton and willful conduct.”
They also want all copies of GFW content erased/deleted from Anthem’s archive.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Enzo apparently did an interview recently and said he'd never wrestle again in a million years, no matter how much money he was offered.

First off, wrestling fans everywhere thank you for that. Secondly, just kinda goes to show Simon Gotch wasn't lying when he said that Enzo was fake as f***.

Look at him. HAHAHA

Reactions: GarbageGoal
Oct 18, 2011
Hulk Hogan can mourn a guy and still be a terrible person. There's plenty of them out there and it doesn't absolve him from being said terrible person.
You're not reading properly. Hulk actually took the time to befriend him and anyone who knows about Jim Neidhart knows how much hesh struggled with substance problems

Oct 18, 2011
Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Entertainment Inc. have filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Anthem Sports and Entertainmentalleging the GFW merger never went through and Impact has been wrongfully making money off their IP.
On May ’17, the two sides signed a term sheet regarding Jarrett’s employment as Chief Creative Officer of Anthem Wrestling and for the GFW merger. The term sheet, however, allegedly said GFE would retain all rights to the show they filmed called Amped.
Five months later, Jeff Jarrett was released from his position. As we previously reported, Jarrett.
Global Force Entertainment also has an issue with Impact’s Global Wrestling Network, pointing to the similarity of the logos and claiming Anthem doesn’t have a license to show the Amped footage.
GFE is seeking “an award of punitive and/or treble damages for at least three times the amount of Defendants’ profits or GFE’s damages, whichever is greater, due to the nature of Defendants’ wanton and willful conduct.”
They also want all copies of GFW content erased/deleted from Anthem’s archive.
What's laughable is Jeff Jarrett thinking GFW has any value to profit from

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Still both outspoken *****enozzles acting like they're too cool for wrestling when they're legitimate failures at everything else.

Punk's problems with wrestling are far different from Enzo. One guy did it for 15+ years with little to no break, got f***ed over multiple times, was working hurt/sick for the better part of two years, and actually made an impact.

Enzo was a flash in the pan who was handed way more than he was good enough to warrant. He got fired for his own stupidity, and now wants to rip the company like anybody would know him without them.

That and Punk pretty much seems to accept that he's not that great in the MMA world. Enzo actually thinks his shitty music is good.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You're not reading properly. Hulk actually took the time to befriend him and anyone who knows about Jim Neidhart knows how much hesh struggled with substance problems

You can kiss off with not reading properly. I read it just fine. You're just looking for any excuse to tell everyone else they're wrong and Hogan is a good guy when he's not. Even if he did that exactly as you said he did, it still doesn't make him any less of a bad person.

Oct 18, 2011
You can kiss off with not reading properly. I read it just fine. You're just looking for any excuse to tell everyone else they're wrong and Hogan is a good guy when he's not. Even if he did that exactly as you said he did, it still doesn't make him any less of a bad person.
People here have labeled Hogan as a bad person for things that have happened a long time ago. He has actually taken the time to help alot of people but nobody wants to talk about that

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Hulk Hogan is a terrible person!!!

Hulk Hogan can mourn a guy and still be a terrible person. There's plenty of them out there and it doesn't absolve him from being said terrible person.
I have no horse in this race as to whether Hogan is a good or bad person. Frankly, I don't have enough information about him and his life to know one way or the other and honestly, I highly doubt either of you do either. You can't really know what a person is like unless you really know them, which none of us do.

Both of you also seem to be ignoring that fact that there really aren't good people or bad people; just people who make both good or bad choices. No matter how awful of things a person does, there will be another that sees the good too. I have an uncle that served 25 years in prison for first degree murder, he did one of the most heinous things a person can do. But guess what? Those close to him, can still see good in him. Like everyone else, he's a person who made both good and bad choices, his bad were just worse than others.

Most people are not entirely good or bad quite frankly and can all pick their spots to who and when they choose to be nice and when they act like a **** heel.
Exactly this.

Reactions: Jussi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Brock Lesnar is expected to meet with the top WWE brass on Sunday prior to SummerSlam. There’s speculation that WWE may now be open to Brock working for the UFC while under contract with the WWE, and depending on his talks go, will likely dictate whether Brock loses or keeps the Universal Title

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
- Brock Lesnar is expected to meet with the top WWE brass on Sunday prior to SummerSlam. There’s speculation that WWE may now Ben open to Brock working for the UFC while under contract with the WWE, and depending on his talks go, will likely dictate whether Brock loses or keeps the Universal Title

:facepalm:

As much as I hate Reigns, they really need to take the belt off Lesnar. Absentee champions suck.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:facepalm:

As much as I hate Reigns, they really need to take the belt off Lesnar. Absentee champions suck.

I’m pretty sure they will take the title off him Sunday, but if this all works out, it’ll be back on him for his UFC fight.

There’s no doubt the only reason Vince is open to this is to get his title on Dana’s event

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I’m pretty sure they will take the title off him Sunday, but if this all works out, it’ll be back on him for his UFC fight.

There’s no doubt the only reason Vince is open to this is to get his title on Dana’s event

So what's the end game, I guess Vince has visions of Brock holding up a WWE belt and a UFC belt at the same time? :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Do they want him to carry it to the ring? That would be dangerous.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
People here have labeled Hogan as a bad person for things that have happened a long time ago. He has actually taken the time to help alot of people but nobody wants to talk about that

They have rightfully labeled Hogan as a bad person because he's done numerous things that justify such a label and not all of them were a long time ago. This isn't the first time in Hogan's life that he did something nice and it probably won't be the last but it doesn't compensate for all the selfish crap nor make up for him being a racist. You can have a differing opinion on that and that's fine but I'll chalk it up to you not knowing a lot of the things that he's done in his life and even if a significant chunk of it happened a long time ago doesn't magically make that stuff disappear to where you can pretend it didn't happen. It would be one thing if it was convincing that he has changed as a person but that's simply not the case. Even people who have interacted with him on a professional level aren't convinced. You didn't need all that much convincing since I suspect you were and are a fan of his. People like you are probably too far gone in their fandom to realize how much of a shitty person Hulk Hogan is and I was a huge mark for him as a kid.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Bully Ray criticized the Revivial's use of the Hart Attack move during their match on Monday, saying he can't believe they used that move as a mid-match spot. Scott Dawson quoted the tweet and thanked Bully for his input, and Dash Wilder quoted the tweet and simply put #UGH

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
- Bully Ray criticized the Revivial's use of the Hart Attack move during their match on Monday, saying he can't believe they used that move as a mid-match spot. Scott Dawson quoted the tweet and thanked Bully for his input, and Dash Wilder quoted the tweet and simply put #UGH

Seeing as how they weren't scheduled to win the match in the first place, I don't see how else they could've handled it aside from not paying tribute at all.

No problem with what they did.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Chris Jericho is teasing #FreeAgentJericho and said 2019 is going to be an interesting year.

I don't know why, because he's bounced around between NJPW and WWE for all of 2018. I suppose it could add support to the reports that Jericho may end up working with Impact Wrestling, despite previously saying he wouldn't as he didn't want to upset Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad