Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Rey Mysterio is close to returning to WWE. WWE wanted him back sooner, but Rey was insistent on working All In.

- There's speculation that the brand split will end when WWE moves to FOX. There's also a supposed worry that if ratings continue to sink, FOX could back out of the deal, but that's said to not have much merit at all and FOX would simply move Smackdown to FS1 if it couldn't compete ratings wise.

- Takahashi will be out 9-12 months with a broken neck, but there was no nerve damage found.

- Matt Riddle has supposedly signed for 3 years with WWE.

- WWE has reached out to Fenix and Pentagon Jr.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
he stayed in the hospital for so long. i thought he was done. so young.... good for him if he can fully recover.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
- Takahashi will be out 9-12 months with a broken neck, but there was no nerve damage found.

That's wretched, but it could have been much worse. Hiromu is one of my NJPW favorites for sure.

- WWE has reached out to Fenix and Pentagon Jr.

I...am skeptical. Not that they reached out, but that they would get over with WWE booking. They are both amazing workers, but I'd be pissed to see Pentagon getting pinned after a Zig Zag.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's wretched, but it could have been much worse. Hiromu is one of my NJPW favorites for sure.

I...am skeptical. Not that they reached out, but that they would get over with WWE booking. They are both amazing workers, but I'd be pissed to see Pentagon getting pinned after a Zig Zag.

I would assume both Pentagon and Fenix would just end up on 205 Live.

Pentagon in NXT would be sick though

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Rey Mysterio is close to returning to WWE. WWE wanted him back sooner, but Rey was insistent on working All In.

- There's speculation that the brand split will end when WWE moves to FOX. There's also a supposed worry that if ratings continue to sink, FOX could back out of the deal, but that's said to not have much merit at all and FOX would simply move Smackdown to FS1 if it couldn't compete ratings wise.

Rey Mysterio has been close to signing with the WWE since January :laugh: You and I rotate every week with the latest report :laugh:

Brand Split Ending makes sense but ugh I prefer brand exclusive feuds. Allow them to show up on both shows, but still keep the storylines separated, if that makes sense. AKA don't have Roman Reigns feud dominate both shows. If Reigns vs Rollins and Ambrose vs Cena and Styles vs Joe are feuding on RAW, on SD, you can have the shows built around Owens vs Zayn, Strowman vs Nicolas and whatever.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rey Mysterio has been close to signing with the WWE since January :laugh: You and I rotate every week with the latest report :laugh:

Brand Split Ending makes sense but ugh I prefer brand exclusive feuds. Allow them to show up on both shows, but still keep the storylines separated, if that makes sense. AKA don't have Roman Reigns feud dominate both shows. If Reigns vs Rollins and Ambrose vs Cena and Styles vs Joe are feuding on RAW, on SD, you can have the shows built around Owens vs Zayn, Strowman vs Nicolas and whatever.
Owens and Zayn won’t bring in the viewership FOX expects. FOX would be expecting WWE’s best on Smackdown and not using it as a filler show like they did the first time they ended the brand split.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Owens and Zayn won’t bring in the viewership FOX expects. FOX would be expecting WWE’s best on Smackdown and not using it as a filler show like they did the first time they ended the brand split.

I wasn't actually booking, just giving you an idea.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
You don’t think WWE would just cut 2lbs off that number?

thats what i tried to say with the it means anything. shoulda say it means nothing but yeah. i think hes too big (of a star) for 205. he also has an already huge fanbase, he's not any indy guy. he's literally wrestling for both CMLL and AAA in a huge country. also he's marketable as hell with catch phrases, look and a brother who's as good as him. (the one you send to 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->