Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That Orton story feels a little far fetched...even for Orton.

Do I have to remind everyone of what he did when Smackdown toured Finland in 2005? It's not a PG story but I've told it before.

There's picture evidence:

Randy-Orton-With-A-Beautiful-Girl.jpg

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Wait someone is surprised Randy Orton is acting like a d-bag? The man has a bad conduct discharge from the marines for disobeying orders and repeatedly going AWOL to get drunk among other things.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
lol at Austin Aries bitter as **** response to WWE Network posting a clip of Hideo Itami that included Aries, and Zelina Vega responding to a fan saying she hasn't been with Aries for a long time and was never engaged with him and doesn't even wish to be associated with his name. That, with Cornette saying Aries is miserable as **** and his reputation on top of that makes it all so funny lol.

OK, here's a quick summary of the Cabana/Punk thing for those wondering:

- Colt Cabana was sent a demanding letter by Amann's team to remove the podcast. CM Punk told Cabana that his lawyers would "handle it" and then Cabana was sent a SECOND letter and Punk told Cabana that he was covered 100%, so Cabana didn't respond to the letter or take down the podcast.

- Dr. Amann filed his suit. Punk and Cabana were represented by the same lawyers and the retention agreement states Punk would cover the costs with the lawyers.

- In April 2016, CM Punk sent Colt Cabana an email: "To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding current bill is at least 300k. Half of all this is yours. Divide the $513,736 by 2 and that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half, and half will be yours. If you choose to make this ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago."

- After that email, Cabana was looking to seek new representation. The firm that was initially covering both of them emailed Colt saying: "Despite your unwillingness to contribute to your legal fees, I am still prepared to represent you, and Phil is prepared to have me represent you and cover your legal fees going forward, as long as there is no conflict between you and Phil that prevents me from fairly and ethically representing you. At this time, I don't believe that exists". Colt stayed with the firm.

- In March 2017, the firm withdrew as Colt Cabana's counsel. Colt believes Punk was behind this and Colt was forced to get new representation.

- After the lawsuit, Colt's new representation notified CM Punk that there was $200,000 in legal fees they were seeking reimbursement on.

- Punk's firm confirmed to Colt's new firm that Punk refuses to reimburse for Colt's legal costs.

Phil Brooks is such a ****ing dick.

What was the podcast about?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Wait someone is surprised Randy Orton is acting like a d-bag? The man has a bad conduct discharge from the marines for disobeying orders and repeatedly going AWOL to get drunk among other things.

Not surprised. It's a very insane story. Suppose it's more of a surprise it wasn't known before.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The last time I think it was deleted for being too non-PG but I'll give it a try. So they were touring in Finlnad in 2005 when Smackdown and Raw had suddenly become huge hits on one Finnish cable channel, despite being only the 45 minute edited versions. The crew stayed at the Helsinki Hilton hotel and after the show some of the wrestlers were drinking at teh hotel's bar/lounge. A couple of poster froma Finnish wrestlisg message board happened to be present as well. The story in Finnish is over here: Twitterissä tapahtuu - Sivu 10 - WrestlingAlert The psoter in question was "approached" by Orlando Jordan after he had joined teh table of the poster and his friends. All the while JBL keeps ribbing him from a near by table. Then these two ladies from a now defunct dancing group Lamourettes showed and went to Juventud Guerrera's room:

juvi_zps66b13f7e.jpg

The girl on the right posted this and the Orton picture on her ircgalleria page which was a popular picture posting/discussion site pre-Facebook era in Finland. She has over the years appeared on just about every reality tv show in Finland, ranging from Big Brother to Idols and whatnot in various shapes and sizes (well overweight to normal). Then two other fangirls showed and wanted to see Randy Orton. Bob Orton said fine but only if they went down on him. That was ok for them and Teddy Long called him and Randall showed up wasted and the girls went at it in the hallway with everyone seeing what transpired and Bob cheering them on. Then the two dancers returned from Juventud's room and joined in on the action. They may have gone to Orton's room after that because the witnesses left after that. Bobby Lashley took things more casually and was spotted walking in the Helsinki night and having a snack at a McDonals with Nunzio.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm not worried about the All-In event, but definitely worried about that WM weekend event. Allegedly these contracts are up in January for Omega and Bucks. WWE can steal them just before that mega NY MSG night. And as much as I want wrestlers in the WWE, WWE just doesn't know how to book them correctly. I don't want to see Omega at 50%.

And man I really hope nothing but the worst for Punk anymore. Some really shady stuff. He walked away from friends. Some of his actions have been very scary in terms of mental illness. He failed miserably at UFC. He can say what he wants, but I think the guy is in really deep trouble from mental illness. It's a shame. Really disappointed because he was one of my favorite characters/wrestlers.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Punk is such a talented wrestler but the guy likes to run his mouth and has a crappy attitude. Shame too because at his best he was such an entertaining part of the WWE.

Reactions: ColePens

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'm not worried about the All-In event, but definitely worried about that WM weekend event. Allegedly these contracts are up in January for Omega and Bucks. WWE can steal them just before that mega NY MSG night. And as much as I want wrestlers in the WWE, WWE just doesn't know how to book them correctly. I don't want to see Omega at 50%.

And man I really hope nothing but the worst for Punk anymore. Some really shady stuff. He walked away from friends. Some of his actions have been very scary in terms of mental illness. He failed miserably at UFC. He can say what he wants, but I think the guy is in really deep trouble from mental illness. It's a shame. Really disappointed because he was one of my favorite characters/wrestlers.
I think it's more Punk is an arrogant :eek::eek::eek::eek: than mental illness. As someone with mental illness, I can attest to he fact it's much more difficult to maintain friendships, but I can also say with certainty you go out if your way to protect the ones you have maintained and won't stab them in the back.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I think it's more Punk is an arrogant **** than mental illness. As someone with mental illness, I can attest to he fact it's much more difficult to maintain friendships, but I can also say with certainty you go out if your way to protect the ones you have maintained and won't stab them in the back.

Seconded. Most here know of my mental illness issues but i would never do that to a friend.

Thirded. I battle with anxiety and depression quite often.

It can be hard to make friends when you're constantly down and/or worrying about every bit of minutia, but that also means I value the friends I have and would die for them.

Punk is just a prick. I've been unfairly hard on him, but this recent story is just a pure, dick move.

Reactions: Walk with Elias

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Bucks and Cody expire in November. Omega in January.

WWE is apparently planning to offer them very lucrative contracts. ROH says they have what they believe to be fair contracts for them.

Going to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->