Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Brutal year for the wrestling world.

WWE Deaths 2018 List (minus Anvil)

– Johnny Valiant – Passed away on April 4th, 2018 at the age of 71.
– Bruno Sammartino Passed away on April 18th, 2018 at the age of 82.
– Big Bully Busick – Passed away on May 8th at the age of 63.
– Vader – passed away on June 18th at the age of 63.
– Nikolai Volkoff – passed away on July 29th at the age of 70.
– Brian Christopher – passed away on July 29th at the age of 46

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I always like the Anvil better than Bret. Which was odd considering Hart was a god in Canada.

They really meshed well and bought the best out of each other. If you haven't read Bret's book, its well worth the read. But he talks about the first time they wore the pink tights, and they held hands and skipped through catering and Vince loved it so much that Pink and Black became their official colors.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Two former writers have come out and said they wouldn't shake Randy Orton's hand when it was offered to him.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Enzo apparently did an interview recently and said he'd never wrestle again in a million years, no matter how much money he was offered.

First off, wrestling fans everywhere thank you for that. Secondly, just kinda goes to show Simon Gotch wasn't lying when he said that Enzo was fake as f***.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is Summerslam this Sunday? I havent watched since the last PPV. Are there any matches people are excited for? Also is Miz facing Bryan at SS? How was the build to that? Lots of questions I know.

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Enzo apparently did an interview recently and said he'd never wrestle again in a million years, no matter how much money he was offered.

First off, wrestling fans everywhere thank you for that. Secondly, just kinda goes to show Simon Gotch wasn't lying when he said that Enzo was fake as f***.

Ennzo? Enzzzo? Enzio? Never heard of him

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don't really care about Hogan's sex scandal or the racial slurs he said...

... My issue is more that every time you listen to the guy talk he oozes fake-ness.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

He and Punk can play video games together, and curse the wrestling world.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He and Punk can play video games together, and curse the wrestling world.

Well done, you just compared one of the best wrestlers in the last 20 years who legitimately got screwed over to a guy who KOed himself sliding under the ropes and got fired because he couldn't quit partying.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well done, you just compared one of the best wrestlers in the last 20 years who legitimately got screwed over to a guy who KOed himself sliding under the ropes and got fired because he couldn't quit partying.

Still both outspoken douchenozzles acting like they're too cool for wrestling when they're legitimate failures at everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->