Monarchs seek new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Absolutely none of that made any sense or has anything to do with anything that I have said. The only things that I said was that Arizona bought the Falcons from owner Charlie Pompea. AHL approves sale of Springfield Falcons to Arizona Coyotes; will vote on Portland Pirates' move to Springfield within two weeks I then said that the local group of Springfield investors (which was brought up in comparison of one person at the helm like Rucker, Thunderbirds have a large ownership group that has grown since the sale and is made up of many companies based around the MassMutual Center) bought the Portland Pirates, which you can verify with any one of the dozens of articles out there. Where you're getting at me bringing in anything to do with any of your last two undomesticated responses, I have no idea.
then you don't really have a clue how these franchises operate then, BD, unlike the veteran Worcester posters you see here, among others.... Portland, as wildcat has attested to many, many times, since the day the Pirates abruptly set sail in 2015, that simply wasn't supposed to happen, and it is a sore spot to many, just as the original franchise is a sore spot when it abruptly left in 1991, just as the history of the Ice Cats and Sharks are to Worcester are a sore spot over how those happened to that fanbase, much of which transferred from team to team to team...

in simple terms, the Springfield franchise was likely sold anyway, now whether Arizona's intention was to relocate to Tucson, was a formality, that framework was likely in place as soon as the Coyotes arrived in Springfield, that had absolutely nothing to do with the Springfield ownership buying/finding a replacement.... remember, the Falcons were a side deal in allowing the Indians to relocate to become Worcester in 1994, THAT'S WHY veteran AHL Posters are mildly irritated to see why Springfield gets a break, when Worcester and Portland did not while waiting for the next franchise or ownership to sail in, the Ebrights, originally here in Portland, and the Sharks in Worcester..... the same thing happened in Worcester when the Sharks left to become the Barracuda, and why it took multiple years for both cities to convince the ECHL to grant both a franchise, one by expansion, as the Railers HC/Rucker have shown successfully that a private owner, if committed, can and will work in a given market... same here when Spectra picked the ball up from the group that was talking with the league back in 2017, and then getting the Aces via a transfer.... Newfoundland followed the Railers model this past season in launching that franchise, despite some potential distraction there with not knowing how the Edge WOULD REACT to a hockey team sharing its arena and they've gone above and beyond that in their 1st three+ months, that that footnote isn't warranted

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
then you don't really have a clue how these franchises operate then, BD, unlike the veteran Worcester posters you see here, among others.... Portland, as wildcat has attested to many, many times, since the day the Pirates abruptly set sail in 2015, that simply wasn't supposed to happen, and it is a sore spot to many, just as the original franchise is a sore spot when it abruptly left in 1991, just as the history of the Ice Cats and Sharks are to Worcester are a sore spot over how those happened to that fanbase, much of which transferred from team to team to team...

in simple terms, the Springfield franchise was likely sold anyway, now whether Arizona's intention was to relocate to Tucson, was a formality, that framework was likely in place as soon as the Coyotes arrived in Springfield, that had absolutely nothing to do with the Springfield ownership buying/finding a replacement.... remember, the Falcons were a side deal in allowing the Indians to relocate to become Worcester in 1994, THAT'S WHY veteran AHL Posters are mildly irritated to see why Springfield gets a break, when Worcester and Portland did not while waiting for the next franchise or ownership to sail in, the Ebrights, originally here in Portland, and the Sharks in Worcester..... the same thing happened in Worcester when the Sharks left to become the Barracuda, and why it took multiple years for both cities to convince the ECHL to grant both a franchise, one by expansion, as the Railers HC/Rucker have shown successfully that a private owner, if committed, can and will work in a given market... same here when Spectra picked the ball up from the group that was talking with the league back in 2017, and then getting the Aces via a transfer.... Newfoundland followed the Railers model this past season in launching that franchise, despite some potential distraction there with not knowing how the Edge WOULD REACT to a hockey team sharing its arena and they've gone above and beyond that in their 1st three+ months, that that footnote isn't warranted
Springfield's fate is 100 percent controlled by the Panthers the AHL league office cant keep a team there forever. if no nhl team wants their prospects there

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Springfield's fate is 100 percent controlled by the Panthers the AHL league office cant keep a team there forever. if no nhl team wants their prospects there
Centrum:

that isn't the point

Springfield via Bruce Landon got the side deal when the Indians/Kings were heading to DCU, THE SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN in 2015/16, Florida doesn't own the Thunderbirds, either

why does Springfield honor Bruce Landon, Jack Butterfield, and Gordie Anziano with banners then, if the AHL hasn't had anything to do with it, that's why it's mildly annoying when you see Springfield getting favortism over other cities

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Landon didn't have a "side deal" when the Indians moved to Worcester. What he and his investors had was enough money to buy an expansion franchise, a turn key staff, and the Hartford Whalers affiliation ready to go. Plus he was a big deal in the Springfield hockey community before he bought the expansion franchise. If someone else had put a team there he's probably still be celebrated in the arena.

Jack Butterfield was the Springfield Indians GM years before he ran the AHL. He won three consecutive Calder Cups with the Indians, and is the only AHL GM to ever do that...so that would be the reason why he's celebrated by Springfield AHL franchises. Gordie Anziano was born in Springfield, was a great sportswriter for the Union and Republican papers long before he worked for the AHL.

We'll just count these as something else you jumped to the wrong conclusions about.

Reactions: Barclay Donaldson

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Landon didn't have a "side deal" when the Indians moved to Worcester. What he and his investors had was enough money to buy an expansion franchise, a turn key staff, and the Hartford Whalers affiliation ready to go. Plus he was a big deal in the Springfield hockey community before he bought the expansion franchise. If someone else had put a team there he's probably still be celebrated in the arena.

Jack Butterfield was the Springfield Indians GM years before he ran the AHL. He won three consecutive Calder Cups with the Indians, and is the only AHL GM to ever do that...so that would be the reason why he's celebrated by Springfield AHL franchises. Gordie Anziano was born in Springfield, was a great sportswriter for the Union and Republican papers long before he worked for the AHL.

We'll just count these as something else you jumped to the wrong conclusions about.
and Darryl, it's still mildly irritating because Springfield gets to continue on, while Portland, Worcester, and Manchester didn't get that consideration because as you are well aware, why did Worcester and Portland have to wait a year in between franchises.... Springfield does NOT

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
and Darryl, it's still mildly irritating because Springfield gets to continue on, while Portland, Worcester, and Manchester didn't get that consideration because as you are well aware, why did Worcester and Portland have to wait a year in between franchises.... Springfield does NOT

It's not rocket science, we both had to wait because we didn't have an owner ready to go when the teams left our locations.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'M JUST NOT as convinced anymore after what Portland has gone through, both in 1991, and 2015, Spectra or AMG Global as they likely will be known as, I WAS IN THAT SOMEwhat optimistic mode that, as the adage goes, 1st time it's on the franchise, but when it happens more than once, and the way it happened in 2015, add in to the factor that Spectra sold the original team in 1983, and then how Spectra thought it would recreate that which was successful with the Phantoms from 1997 onward didn't seem to keep that MO.... AND the way they kept stating this has no connection to the Flyers even though that's not entirely correct..... maybe it's the cynic in me that tends not to take everything at face value

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Spectra is a division of Comcast Spectacor. SMG and AEG have merged. There is no indication that Spectra will change their name, or be bought by the soon to be merged SMG/AEG.
IT HAS and it will, royals, AEG Facilities is disappearing if that merger occurs, why would SMG merge then if they're to be bought out by ONEX, WHICH already owns 50% OF SMG

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
IT HAS and it will, royals, AEG Facilities is disappearing if that merger occurs, why would SMG merge then if they're to be bought out by ONEX, WHICH already owns 50% OF SMG
Currently there are three companies
Spectra
SMG
AEG
Two of them are merging - SMG and AEG.
Spectra isn't part of that merger.
Spectra and SMG are not the same company.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
SMG
www.smgworld.com
300 Conshohocken State Rd. Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Founded 1977
first arena managed: Louisiana Superdome

Spectra
Spectra
3601 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19148
Founded 1974 (as Spectacor - later split off into separate divisions, which were later combined and renamed)
first arena managed: Spectrum in Philadelpia

They are competitors. Just because they both start with 'S' and have their main headquarters in eastern PA, doesn't make them the same company.

Reactions: Tater Tot

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
SMG
www.smgworld.com
300 Conshohocken State Rd. Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Founded 1977
first arena managed: Louisiana Superdome

Spectra
Spectra
3601 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19148
Founded 1974 (as Spectacor - later split off into separate divisions, which were later combined and renamed)
first arena managed: Spectrum in Philadelpia

They are competitors. Just because they both start with 'S' and have their main headquarters in eastern PA, doesn't make them the same company.
then the merger should be rejected then

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I'M JUST NOT as convinced anymore after what Portland has gone through, both in 1991, and 2015, Spectra or AMG Global as they likely will be known as, I WAS IN THAT SOMEwhat optimistic mode that, as the adage goes, 1st time it's on the franchise, but when it happens more than once, and the way it happened in 2015, add in to the factor that Spectra sold the original team in 1983, and then how Spectra thought it would recreate that which was successful with the Phantoms from 1997 onward didn't seem to keep that MO.... AND the way they kept stating this has no connection to the Flyers even though that's not entirely correct..... maybe it's the cynic in me that tends not to take everything at face value

How many games have you been to this season? I don't care what happen in 1977 or 1991 or 2015, 2108 or 1867.... I don't care. I'm focused on the team we have here now and supporting the team we have here now. That's it.

Reactions: Captain Crash

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How many games have you been to this season? I don't care what happen in 1977 or 1991 or 2015, 2108 or 1867.... I don't care. I'm focused on the team we have here now and supporting the team we have here now. That's it.
I'M WAITING TO SEE HOW LONG-TERM THIS GOES, Sorry, not impressed WITH Spectra and how this franchise has bombed or bungled its way through season 1, tbth....

and what happens if Hartford goes away, just like anything else....can this franchise survive as an independent?

where's the statement game that cemented the original team here, not fighting for the last playoff spot in the division.... otherwise why bring back the original name of the franchise at all, if no one's not going to compare the two or question that

Last edited:

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
not going to attend any.... burned out from the business, and will the MHJ now return since we NOW have hockey in this state AGAIN

And, we have the answer to all our questions. As for your attempt at deflecting. No, MHJ will not be returning because I've moved on with my life. I have a new career that I enjoy greatly. But, I am a season ticket holder to multiple seats for the Mariners so I'll be at the game supporting the team instead of worrying about what happened whenever.

Reactions: Captain Crash

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
And, we have the answer to all our questions. As for your attempt at deflecting. No, MHJ will not be returning because I've moved on with my life. I have a new career that I enjoy greatly. But, I am a season ticket holder to multiple seats for the Mariners so I'll be at the game supporting the team instead of worrying about what happened whenever.
COOL, STILL IN WAIT AND SEE, Mode as to how long this lasts... it likely was always spur of the moment when I did anyway... so far, not impressed, like I said with the team structure, likely, for the same reason we lost the last team the way it happened, I JUST NEED A Statement game or something what got the original team to stay, like I said, maybe it's been way too long and you don't have the options you had then, not too impressed with the league promotions around Marvel or Nick, but I get that where the league is going with that angle...

thanks

the 1 upgrade I love about the ECHL is Double S Media and ECHL Week, I wish the other leagues would look into how they are able to pull that off for those who cannot or don't have the means to attend games....

Last edited:

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
1 point out of a playoff spot with 18 games to go in their first year and the team has "bombed and bungled" their season? :huh:

Minor league hockey fans with a "Wait and see" attitude usually means they get to "Wait and see" how long until their team folds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad