Monarchs seek new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
What seems very effective is what the other AHL-turned-ECHL markets have done. Get local ownership who aren’t in it for making a quick buck. They also sell it as competitive hockey and not developing the next wave of NHL players. Get a rebrand in to solidify that it’s a new team in a new era. It’s worked so far in Maine, Newfoundland, Worcester, and Adirondack.

The longer Manchester remains in this limbo, they increase the risk of putting off more of both potential owners and fans.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Manchester Worcester Portland Lowell Springfield would average at least 8000 a game If they had a AHL bruins team Provenience is not unique when it comes to that. My point was referring to the quote from the article i put in my post "the novelty of having an arena is long over and I have heard from fans that they are unhappy that the AHL no longer exists in Manchester, taking with it some good rivalries" improving the ECHL team in the market should be the focus for the new ownership group not trying to get back in the ahl like many fans want
Dude, Boston cost Portland its franchise by bolting to Providence in the summer of 1991, history should tell you that if Portland/AHL/ OR OTHER Worcester fans won't, the other is Boston wanted to be here in 1977, not 1988, the Flyers and Bruins weren't on the best of terms, and a sidebar to that is the PROVIDENCE Reds wanted to split time between Providence and Portland when the Flyers won the territory in Portland

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
There's a good number of great places to eat pre- and post-game in Manchester that are an easy walk from the arena...if only there were people at the game to enjoy them.
The team should go dormant for a year or two like the dcu center did with hockey at the very least they should replace the scoreboard and try to rebuild the fanbase.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
this is why I'M waiting to see when Boston makes the announcement that they leave Atlanta, THE Question is, where does LA go next if/when that is confirmed

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
this is why I'M waiting to see when Boston makes the announcement that they leave Atlanta, THE Question is, where does LA go next if/when that is confirmed
LA does not need a echl affiliate they can send players anywhere like San Jose the barracuda sent a player to Worcester this year among other places

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
LA does not need a echl affiliate they can send players anywhere like San Jose the barracuda sent a player to Worcester this year among other places
the ECHL requires all teams to have an affiliation, Centrum, the difference is recalling players who aren't affiliated can also happen, there are 5 teams that aren't listed without an affiliation, because the league is at 27..... Florida has done that with Manchester as a "working agreement" as far back as 2014/15, they may still with Springfield

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
the ECHL requires all teams to have an affiliation, Centrum, the difference is recalling players who aren't affiliated can also happen, there are 5 teams that aren't listed without an affiliation, because the league is at 27..... Florida has done that with Manchester as a "working agreement" as far back as 2014/15, they may still with Springfield
That is not true they still allow independents unlike the ahl NHL/AHL Affiliates

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey

If this was true Greenville and Rapid City would have affiliations. There's usually one or two teams that don't have affiliations each year.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If this was true Greenville and Rapid City would have affiliations. There's usually one or two teams that don't have affiliations each year.
Greenville has no affiliation because there's no regional affiliate out there as they stated when the Rangers left, but there is still a Ranger prospect there....

Rapid City's in transition mode isn't it.... between Spire coming aboard.... again, the downside of 27 teams and not enough NHL teams wanting or interested long-term with the Rush....

you know it's not like Worcester, Portland or Newfoundland.... Orlando seemed to recover once it was made known that Toronto was going back to Mile One...

like Florida do they want to be closer to Springfield affiliate-wise or the parent team given the current scope of the League

Last edited:

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Is there a potential cliff rucker type owner in Manchester who whould do right by the city and fanbase unlike cheek and his ownership group.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Is there a potential cliff rucker type owner in Manchester who whould do right by the city and fanbase unlike cheek and his ownership group.
the question is why would Jacobs own an ECHL Team, WHEN IN ESSENCE, he could buy Providence, and that's the same transition the Kings did 3 years ago when they flipped Manchester and Ontario

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine

Funnily enough Cliff Rucker reportedly almost bought the Monarchs. While there are some renovations and new investment going on in Manchester, to my knowledge there's no one even close. Rucker's investments in the city of Worcester are paying dividends and bringing the city, with the exception of a few districts, completely around. Also help set up Worcester to be confident enough to build the most expensive minor league stadium in history to house the PawSox.

However, all it takes is one trip to a city to fall in love and open up your checkbook. There's always those sorts of venture capitalist people out there, just need to attract them. Springfield Thunderbirds are case in point. Instead of having one person at the helm, it's a group of 20 or so people who are less financially capable than Rucker individually but are pretty strong together. And they lost their team the season prior to buying Portland.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
the question is why would Jacobs own an ECHL Team, WHEN IN ESSENCE, he could buy Providence, and that's the same transition the Kings did 3 years ago when they flipped Manchester and Ontario
An echl team is a bad investment for a nhl owner unless they want the arena for a future owned ahl team infamous but successful gm Lou lamoriello said that when the devils owned the echl team in Trenton it was not useful as far as player development was concerned

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Funnily enough Cliff Rucker reportedly almost bought the Monarchs. While there are some renovations and new investment going on in Manchester, to my knowledge there's no one even close. Rucker's investments in the city of Worcester are paying dividends and bringing the city, with the exception of a few districts, completely around. Also help set up Worcester to be confident enough to build the most expensive minor league stadium in history to house the PawSox.

However, all it takes is one trip to a city to fall in love and open up your checkbook. There's always those sorts of venture capitalist people out there, just need to attract them. Springfield Thunderbirds are case in point. Instead of having one person at the helm, it's a group of 20 or so people who are less financially capable than Rucker individually but are pretty strong together. And they lost their team the season prior to buying Portland.
that's not true about Springfield acquiring the then Pirates, Barclay.... Arizona had the option to buy the Falcons almost from the time they left Portland when the PDC Expired in 2013..... the three way trade with San Antonio getting Florida out of there and temporarily replacing them with Colorado, then the Eagles 'promotion' last season occurred....

Springfield's current ownership group has no connection to either the Indians/Kings or the Falcons, even though the Thunderbirds mailing address lists Bruce Landon as part of the site plan, his banner, along with 2 long time AHL Executives(remember, the AHL is based in West Springfield, MA.)... SO Mass Mutual Center also honors Jack Butterfield and Gordie Anziano

Springfield Thunderbirds-Wikipedia

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

The arena could use a remodel the dunkin dounts center dcu center and cross arena have all been renovated recently it makes the snhu arena look old by comparison even though it was built in the early 2000s

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The arena could use a remodel the dunkin dounts center dcu center and cross arena have all been renovated recently it makes the snhu arena look old by comparison even though it was built in the early 2000s
Portland's was done in stages, Centrum, I'm not so sure the ECHL would go for a multi-year renovation and where would the Monarchs play if SNHU has to be renovated in season, much like Cross was for 2 years, nevermind the internal lease dispute in 2013/14

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
that's not true about Springfield acquiring the then Pirates, Barclay.... Arizona had the option to buy the Falcons almost from the time they left Portland when the PDC Expired in 2013..... the three way trade with San Antonio getting Florida out of there and temporarily replacing them with Colorado, then the Eagles 'promotion' last season occurred....

Springfield's current ownership group has no connection to either the Indians/Kings or the Falcons, even though the Thunderbirds mailing address lists Bruce Landon as part of the site plan, his banner, along with 2 long time AHL Executives(remember, the AHL is based in West Springfield, MA.)... SO Mass Mutual Center also honors Jack Butterfield and Gordie Anziano

Springfield Thunderbirds' 29-member ownership group could be 'revolutionary' for AHL franchises
Springfield investors step up to save hockey for city

I beg to differ. Articles to prove it. And I never said they had any connections to the Falcons or the previous AHL franchises in the city. I said that when the Falcons were sold to become Tuscon, that a local but diversified ownership group bought the Portland Pirates. They lost their hockey team, but they almost instantly got another one. I also never even mentioned anything along the lines of whatever the heck the rest of your second paragraph was about.

That stuff is pricey, and renovations alone has put off more than a few potential investors in other markets. Not sure what the political scene is like in Manchester, but it's usually something the local government goes halfsies on.

Reactions: Captain Crash

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Springfield Thunderbirds' 29-member ownership group could be 'revolutionary' for AHL franchises

I beg to differ. Articles to prove it. And I never said they had any connections to the Falcons or the previous AHL franchises in the city. I said that when the Falcons were sold to become Tuscon, that a local but diversified ownership group bought the Portland Pirates. They lost their hockey team, but they almost instantly got another one. I also never even mentioned anything along the lines of whatever the heck the rest of your second paragraph was about.

That stuff is pricey, and renovations alone has put off more than a few potential investors in other markets. Not sure what the political scene is like in Manchester, but it's usually something the local government goes halfsies on.
No one has bought the team yet it’s still in limbo almost a month after the announcement Teams For Sale

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

BD:

I know more about Portland than you ever will know, and that was the deal around the Falcons because Arizona was where prior to Springfield, PORTLAND, Arizona also was asked to mediate the dispute over the lease in 2013, but the PDC prohibited them from interceding on behalf of the franchise, just as those contracts were dating back to 1977, OR as early as 1991.... that isn't the case now, thankfully, since Spectra owns and/or operates both... you do realize the Pacific Division talk started in 2006, IT just wasn't official until 2014-15, which is why almost from the time Arizona got to Springfield that clause was written in, should the Coyotes choose to exercise that, which did happen.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
BD:

I know more about Portland than you ever will know, and that was the deal around the Falcons because Arizona was where prior to Springfield, PORTLAND, Arizona also was asked to mediate the dispute over the lease in 2013, but the PDC prohibited them from interceding on behalf of the franchise, just as those contracts were dating back to 1977, OR as early as 1991.... that isn't the case now, thankfully, since Spectra owns and/or operates both... you do realize the Pacific Division talk started in 2006, IT just wasn't official until 2014-15, which is why almost from the time Arizona got to Springfield that clause was written in, should the Coyotes choose to exercise that, which did happen.

Absolutely none of that made any sense or has anything to do with anything that I have said. The only things that I said was that Arizona bought the Falcons from owner Charlie Pompea. AHL approves sale of Springfield Falcons to Arizona Coyotes; will vote on Portland Pirates' move to Springfield within two weeks I then said that the local group of Springfield investors (which was brought up in comparison of one person at the helm like Rucker, Thunderbirds have a large ownership group that has grown since the sale and is made up of many companies based around the MassMutual Center) bought the Portland Pirates, which you can verify with any one of the dozens of articles out there. Where you're getting at me bringing in anything to do with any of your last two undomesticated responses, I have no idea.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Absolutely none of that made any sense or has anything to do with anything that I have said. The only things that I said was that Arizona bought the Falcons from owner Charlie Pompea. AHL approves sale of Springfield Falcons to Arizona Coyotes; will vote on Portland Pirates' move to Springfield within two weeks I then said that the local group of Springfield investors (which was brought up in comparison of one person at the helm like Rucker, Thunderbirds have a large ownership group that has grown since the sale and is made up of many companies based around the MassMutual Center) bought the Portland Pirates, which you can verify with any one of the dozens of articles out there. Where you're getting at me bringing in anything to do with any of your last two undomesticated responses, I have no idea.
The ahl put execs who know what their doing like Nathan costa in charge of the tbirds so nothing like the mismanagement of pompea and his daughter can happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->