Monarchs seek new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What episode was that?
ECHL Week is on twitter if you have that, Growlers, @ECHLWeek;

if you have or can get Youtube, Christiansen was interviewed because he's been the coach this season, much like what Newfoundland and Portland....

the clip you are looking for is the 18th, which this show, isn't doing it every week, the next new one will recap what just happened in Toledo

the link as is follows: ECHL Week

tbth, I wish more leagues would utilize a recap/review show like this, because it gives you, even if your franchise is new, a great insight into how the league and its teams interact and gives some fans insight on teams they may or may not see or know about.... most of us hockey vets pretty much know how the league works, you're aware of those franchises because you never knew if your franchise would sign a player off a team you don't ordinarily either see or have a working relationship aka the secondary affiliate as well as the listed primary affiliation.

Reactions: Growlers

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I'd rebrand totally new name/everything then hold an event and take that big blowup Monarch head they're using currently to introduce the team and light it on fire. Invite the fans/City to toss Monarch jerseys on the pyre with proceeds going to charity (100 bucks for each jersey tossed or something). Give Max a "viking funeral" and start a entirely new chapter.

But's that's just me...

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I'd rebrand totally new name/everything then hold an event and take that big blowup Monarch head they're using currently to introduce the team and light it on fire. Invite the fans/City to toss Monarch jerseys on the pyre with proceeds going to charity (100 bucks for each jersey tossed or something). Give Max a "viking funeral" and start a entirely new chapter.

But's that's just me...
A potential manchester bruins team chould have a Monarchs throwback night In a few years after the team rebuilds it relationship with fans and businesses if they keep the trademark

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
then why hasn't Boston bought Providence outright, Centrum?
As long as delware north has concessions at the dunk there is no need for the bruins to own a AHL team. having the Ability to yank a bruins affiliation gives the Jacobs leverage in negotiations at the dunk for future deals

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
As long as delware north has concessions at the dunk there is no need for the bruins to own a AHL team. having the Ability to yank a bruins affiliation gives the Jacobs leverage in negotiations at the dunk for future deals
there have been calls for Boston to buy the franchise outright or risk losing the affiliation

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Hopefully Manchester gets things turned around, but as others have said they need to fully re brand and move away from anything Kings related.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
People are always speculating on the PBruins clueless owner and the BBruins clueless owner feuding, but both sides make money hand over fist so all is good.

Reactions: mk80

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
THERE is a Manchester fan group out there, much like how ever team has its social media presence, and the fan I have contacted is confirming the discussions over the transition of the Monarchs from the AHL to ECHL, is pretty much the gist of where the team is and how it's been perceived in the last three years

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
So some random fan from Manchester has confirmed what we've all known to be true for a couple seasons now?
I asked him flat out what he thought the issues were and that's what he stated in reply... knowing is it the Kings solely, or is it the transition, or is the ownership there presently

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I always take those kind of statements from people on internet fan groups with a grain of salt. There are fans on the Royals facebook fan group who say stuff like "everybody who dropped their season tickets did if because XXX". That's obviously not true, since people drop for lots of reasons, and often for multiple reasons. People also say "everyone feels xxx", when it is really their group of ten friends who feel that way. The might bring it up to other people, but sometimes that person is a loudmouth, opinionated jerk, and so the other person doesn't disagree because they don't want to be bothered to have a big fight about it, and they say "yeah, Joe, your are right", just to shut him up. Anyone who actually disagrees with him is dismissed as an idiot or kissing up to ownership or something. I'm not saying their point of view is invalid or they don't have a point, just that one person who tries to speak for the whole group sometimes isn't correct.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
THERE is a Manchester fan group out there, much like how ever team has its social media presence, and the fan I have contacted is confirming the discussions over the transition of the Monarchs from the AHL to ECHL, is pretty much the gist of where the team is and how it's been perceived in the last three years
Is it a public group ,is there a link to it

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’ve more or less stayed away since the AHL team left.

I’ve gotten free tickets a couple of times and gone to check it out, each time slightly optimistic that I’d enjoy the experience.

I was team AHL or nothing like many, but it is what it is at this point. They’re not getting an AHL franchise.

The hockey product isn’t awful.

The atmosphere is. They continue to role out the same stale branding and packaging. It’s laughavle.

I had free tickets to today’s game. The place was a library.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I’ve more or less stayed away since the AHL team left.

I’ve gotten free tickets a couple of times and gone to check it out, each time slightly optimistic that I’d enjoy the experience.

I was team AHL or nothing like many, but it is what it is at this point. They’re not getting an AHL franchise.

The hockey product isn’t awful.

The atmosphere is. They continue to role out the same stale branding and packaging. It’s laughavle.

I had free tickets to today’s game. The place was a library.
Good local ownership is important for a team like the Monarchs the first thing the new owners did when they bought the team was cut costs and They did not seem to do anything to rebuild the fan base and corporate Sponsors that they lost New Owners: We Want to Revive Manchester Monarchs - Arena Digest The union leader took down the articles.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedblue94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: