Monarchs seek new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I’ve more or less stayed away since the AHL team left.

I’ve gotten free tickets a couple of times and gone to check it out, each time slightly optimistic that I’d enjoy the experience.

I was team AHL or nothing like many, but it is what it is at this point. They’re not getting an AHL franchise.

The hockey product isn’t awful.

The atmosphere is. They continue to role out the same stale branding and packaging. It’s laughavle.

I had free tickets to today’s game. The place was a library.
THAT'S EXACTLY how I feel about Portland since the initial excitement, knowing how the previous franchises ended and/or how they ended, to me, I'M kinda of burned out of the experience...

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
Good local ownership is important for a team like the Monarchs the first thing the new owners did when they bought the team was cut costs and They did not seem to do anything to rebuild the fan base and corporate Sponsors that they lost New Owners: We Want to Revive Manchester Monarchs - Arena Digest The union leader took down the articles.

Monarchs' new owners want to keep the pro hockey team viable in Manchester

Gotta search for them on their website, they're there but the links got changed.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
AEG hired The Sports Advisory Group to help them sell the team. They in turn found PPI Sports, LLC, and facilitated the deal between the two parties. If PPI Sports, LLC had gone straight to AEG about buying the team then AEG wouldn't have needed to hire The Sports Advisory Group in the first place.

Now PPI Sports, LLC has hired The Sports Advisory Group to help them find a buyer. If there was a buyer already interested PPI Sports, LLC wouldn't need The Sports Advisory Group to help either.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
AEG hired The Sports Advisory Group to help them sell the team. They in turn found PPI Sports, LLC, and facilitated the deal between the two parties. If PPI Sports, LLC had gone straight to AEG about buying the team then AEG wouldn't have needed to hire The Sports Advisory Group in the first place.

Now PPI Sports, LLC has hired The Sports Advisory Group to help them find a buyer. If there was a buyer already interested PPI Sports, LLC wouldn't need The Sports Advisory Group to help either.
The lack of transparency has hurt the echl in Manchester.It whould be been better if the kings and the new owners where honest with the fans

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
In what manner?
they had a good teams in the first few years, they almost made the kelly cup in the second year in the echl.If the fans had trust in the front office and ownership maybe they would have embraced a playoff contending minor league team

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I think you've misunderstood my question...in what manner did they lack transparency?
In the article they said they weren’t actively trying to sell the team and they clearly where. And they tried to sell the echl move to the fans as same team different opponents instead of trying to market the echl as a different kind of league and level of play

Last edited:
Reactions: 210

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I agree.... I believe the team isn't going anywhere, but do think they need to start over by rebranding either by going back to the original team colors or some other way. They can't keep doing more of the same.
have you heard anything from people who work in the league about the future of the team there has not been much news that has come out of Manchester lately

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
have you heard anything from people who work in the league about the future of the team there has not been much news that has come out of Manchester lately
HOW DO WE KNOW the true intentions of the Union Leader story, Centrum, it's the adage"don't believe everything you hear or read"

why the franchise hasn't said anymore is to not further damage their credibility that's been built there, yes, the ECHL is aware of it, but unless the ownership goes to the league, and not the group who brokered the original sale of the franchise in 2015/16, that's why it's gone silent.... the Monarchs have no control over what their future is, nor can Doug Christiansen constantly field questions to that status, if he knows anything... nothing else has moved this story forward yet.... the question is at present, was the current ownership looking to get out or not, why is the agency that brokered the sale in '15/16 back in play... it's what is called in journalism a "plant"

Last edited:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
1) Someone does need to heed the advice "don't believe everything you hear or read", but it's not Centrum Hockey.

2) Talking about a potential sale of their team doesn't hurt the credibility of the Monarchs one bit. And, BTW, neither does not talking about it.

3) The Monarchs completely control their future.

4) You honestly can't figure out why a company that is well known for connecting franchise buyers and sellers is helping in the sale of the team?

5) The story is factual information. Sure information it contains came from the franchise, but that falls well below any sort of nefarious threshold you seem to think it does.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
1) Someone does need to heed the advice "don't believe everything you hear or read", but it's not Centrum Hockey.

2) Talking about a potential sale of their team doesn't hurt the credibility of the Monarchs one bit. And, BTW, neither does not talking about it.

4) You honestly can't figure out why a company that is well known for connecting franchise buyers and sellers is helping in the sale of the team?

5) The story is factual information. Sure information it contains came from the franchise, but that falls well below any sort of nefarious threshold you seem to think it does.
YOU are the one who needs to let others talk, otherwise being as condecending and a know it all damages YOUR credibility, not anyone else

keep it up Darryl and every post of yours will be reported

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

Worcester and Maine fans should care about the fate of the team there if the franchise is folded it whould hurt overall travel costs for both teams or if they rebrand as the bruins it may have the same effect as providence did in the ahl more people will come to see the bruins play in the dcu center and cross arena than any away other team.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Worcester and Maine fans should care about the fate of the team there if the franchise is folded it whould hurt overall travel costs for both teams or if they rebrand as the bruins it may have the same effect as providence did in the ahl more people will come to see the bruins play in the dcu center and cross arena than any away other team.
you're catching on, Centrum:thumbu:

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
We’ve got some thinking to do – and action to take – to make our city better
any new owner should start by saying the ahl is (Probably) never coming back

I dont think any new owner should say such a thing whatsoever. Why unintentionally fan the flames of an already bitter and alienated fan base? IMO making such an "in your face" statement by any potential new ownership would be a risky PR move. How about a new owner committed to keeping a quality professional hockey organization in the city. One committed to a fresh start, or rebirth of sorts?

While the chances of landing another AHL team anywhere in the northeast is a longshot I think its premature to say its totally impossible. Years back people laughed at the rumors of Utica getting another AHL team. Add hometown boy former NHLer Robert Esche along with millions in tax payer monies and it was made possible. Springfield another example, the league wasnt going to let them go to the wind. The Falcons were all but done, new team and new brand along with some good hockey and Springfield is back to life. Should be interesting to see what comes of Manchester. Whatever the case Portland, Worcester, Newfoundland, and Adirondack are solid anchors so far.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I dont think any new owner should say such a thing whatsoever. Why unintentionally fan the flames of an already bitter and alienated fan base? IMO making such an "in your face" statement by any potential new ownership would be a risky PR move. How about a new owner committed to keeping a quality professional hockey organization in the city. One committed to a fresh start, or rebirth of sorts?

While the chances of landing another AHL team anywhere in the northeast is a longshot I think its premature to say its totally impossible. Years back people laughed at the rumors of Utica getting another AHL team. Add hometown boy former NHLer Robert Esche along with millions in tax payer monies and it was made possible. Springfield another example, the league wasnt going to let them go to the wind. The Falcons were all but done, new team and new brand along with some good hockey and Springfield is back to life. Should be interesting to see what comes of Manchester. Whatever the case Portland, Worcester, Newfoundland, and Adirondack are solid anchors so far.
The only way Manchester would even be considered for a another ahl team is if something went really wrong in Providence which is extremely unlikely to happen there are not enough nhl affiliations for a another Utica like AHL team in New England.

Last edited:

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
The only way Manchester would even be considered for a another ahl team is if something went really wrong in Providence which is extremely unlikely to happen there are not enough nhl affiliations for a another Utica like AHL team in New England.

Exactly what I was getting at, you said the same thing but the topic was suggesting the new owners reinforcing of the AHL not coming back, that IMO is a bad PR move. Providence is the dream fit for the Bruins. Providence is a mini boston. Feels like Boston more so then any other New England city IMO. Providence is proven its worth as a sports town in a secondary market, no other comparable New England city is as good of a match. Manchester, Worcester, or Portland would all be good ECHL fits for the Bruins organization though.

Last edited:

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Exactly what I was getting at, you said the same thing but the topic was suggesting the new owners reinforcing of the AHL not coming back, that IMO is a bad PR move. Providence is the dream fit for the Bruins. Providence is a mini boston. Feels like Boston more so then any other New England city IMO. Providence is proven its worth as a sports town in a secondary market, no other comparable New England city is as good of a match. Manchester, Worcester, or Portland would all be good ECHL fits for the Bruins organization though.
Manchester Worcester Portland Lowell Springfield would average at least 8000 a game If they had a AHL bruins team Provenience is not unique when it comes to that. My point was referring to the quote from the article i put in my post "the novelty of having an arena is long over and I have heard from fans that they are unhappy that the AHL no longer exists in Manchester, taking with it some good rivalries" improving the ECHL team in the market should be the focus for the new ownership group not trying to get back in the ahl like many fans want

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->