Rumor: Moen on the Market!

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I would like to see Bergevin trade Bourque and Moen both.

Bourque = 2nd round draft pick or a prospect
Moen = 5th round draft pick

Line up:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Parenteau
Eller - Plekanec - Sekac
Thomas - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Bournival

Gilbert - Subban
Emelin - Markov
Beaulieu - Weaver
Drewiske

Price
Budaj
Tokarski

Thomas :rolleyes:

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I would trade Bourque before Moen. Let's face it, Prust is going to be injured this year, as usual and Moen can replace him.

Bourque on the other hand.... come on, don't tell me you guys expect him to be Mr Playoff again this season. The guy has an history of being a floater, even in Calgary, and I would rather see a young DLR or heck, even Scherbak rather than this dead weight.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Sincerly, if we lacked a fourth liner and MB traded for a guy like Moen at 1.85 for two years, i'd be pleased. He's not untradable, he's a servicable 4th liner who plays the game the right way, he's just passed by Prust and Weise.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
MT needs to start using him with Plecks period...

They'd definitely form a much more versatile line... one that would go against Giroux, Kessel, Ovie, etc., i.e. producing while keeping top scorers at bay. Similar to what Toews-Hossa do on a nightly basis. If Gio was able to score 20 goals playing in this role with pleky, I wonder what Patches can do in the same role.

Soooo many shorthanded breakaways :handclap:

Add to that the fact that MT wants Subban playing on the PK... I can see our PK being more dangerous than our PP :laugh:

durojean

May 29, 2007
3 years too late... Should have traded him on the trade deadline of our poor season instead of resigning him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I would trade Bourque before Moen. Let's face it, Prust is going to be injured this year, as usual and Moen can replace him.

Bourque on the other hand.... come on, don't tell me you guys expect him to be Mr Playoff again this season. The guy has an history of being a floater, even in Calgary, and I would rather see a young DLR or heck, even Scherbak rather than this dead weight.

At least Bourque has a spot in the lineup, Moen is behind Prust Weise and Bournival as a 4h line winger.

Bourque has had regular season success before, 142 regular season goals.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Moen has been garbage the last few years. Can't fight, can't score. It's time we move these kinds, time for the youth movement people! Get ready it will be a hell of a ride!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Moen has been garbage the last few years. Can't fight, can't score. It's time we move these kinds, time for the youth movement people! Get ready it will be a hell of a ride!

Fighting is but a small part of his game and he's ever been a scorer. I think the issue is the concussions have affected his energy an physical game.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Fighting is but a small part of his game and he's ever been a scorer. I think the issue is the concussions have affected his energy an physical game.

Well some of the players have claimed that he is one tough guy. But his fights and refusal to stick up for players have been showing for years now. Like the guy but he brings nothing that a younger player can right now....for much cheaper.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
This isn't about Bork.

This is about Moen being lazy, not working on his game and his fear of getting injured - of course you can't blame the man, he's a few concussions away from ending his career and plays tentative, overly-safe hockey. Nothing against him, but he doesn't merit a spot over hungrier and better players. He brings nothing to the table, and as much as I'd love for him to be a defensive forward who forechecks and punishes the opposition... he's not. He's a slow, lumbering non-entity. GTFO.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
This isn't about Bork.

This is about Moen being lazy, not working on his game and his fear of getting injured - of course you can't blame the man, he's a few concussions away from ending his career and plays tentative, overly-safe hockey. Nothing against him, but he doesn't merit a spot over hungrier and better players. He brings nothing to the table, and as much as I'd love for him to be a defensive forward who forechecks and punishes the opposition... he's not. He's a slow, lumbering non-entity. GTFO.

Agreed. Enough of these journeyman. We need to move forward with youth!

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

If Moen have been garbage last year how would you qualify Prust?

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
MB waited too long to trade Moen. I would have dealt him a couple years ago, or even last year. You can see he was on a massive decline and injury prone.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Prusty can get into the play TM can't...
Hopefully BP is healthy this year and has learned his lesson about running around half cocked...
Full cocked or nothin':laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
On what market? The Atwater market? No **** he is.....That's not news. News is that a team that would be interested....

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Yeah, good luck to MB trying to trade Travis.

I don't see anyone taking him. He's completely washed up from what I can see. Who wants to spend 1.8M for 2 years on a completely washed up player that has no purpose ?

Good on PK ? No, too slow now.
Gritty ? Not anymore because of concussions.
Will he fight ? Nope see above.
Will he hit everything that moves ? Nope see above.
Will he put up points ? Nope he's washed up.

He has some leadership and experience.. but that's useless if he can't contribute at all on the ice.

I'd be amazed if MB found a way to unload him.

Prust was pretty terrible as well. I really really hope that he's got some gas left in the tank because what we saw last year was really bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00