Rumor: Moen on the Market!

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We want to get rid of Moe. Because we don't have a spot for him, we would'nt have a spot for White either

We want to get rid of Moen because he's the 13th forward and costs 1.85 mil. At 600k White as the 13th/14th forward would be fine.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It comes to mind that every single fight TM has been involved in (last 3yrs) has resulted in an immediate surge of energy for the other side. To make matters worse it was often against dead in the water teams who were ready to call it a night.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
We want to get rid of Moen because he's the 13th forward and costs 1.85 mil. At 600k White as the 13th/14th forward would be fine.

I think it's becuase he is the 14th forward not the 13th who is Bournival IMO. And the reason to get ready d of Moen is to use the roster spot for another position.

Ex carry 13 forwards, 8 dmen, Mtl has an evenly split of 3 LD and 3 RD, need to carry one of each incase of injuries. Or maybe they want to go with 13F 7F and 3 goalies until they figure out what to do with the goalies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think it's becuase he is the 14th forward not the 13th who is Bournival IMO. And the reason to get ready d of Moen is to use the roster spot for another position.

Ex carry 13 forwards, 8 dmen, Mtl has an evenly split of 3 LD and 3 RD, need to carry one of each incase of injuries. Or maybe they want to go with 13F 7F and 3 goalies until they figure out what to do with the goalies.

I don't think we'll carry 8 dman. That means two young guys in the press box every night instead of playing top minutes in Hamilton.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It comes to mind that every single fight TM has been involved in (last 3yrs) has resulted in an immediate surge of energy for the other side. To make matters worse it was often against dead in the water teams who were ready to call it a night.

I like him as a penalty killer, but as a fighter he is the most frustrating player. His code of "well if someone challenges me, I must accept!" hurt the team on multiple occasions.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't think we'll carry 8 dman. That means two young guys in the press box every night instead of playing top minutes in Hamilton.

The ideal situation is no young d-men in the press box, have Drewiske or Bouillon as #7.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Don't have time to read all the other posts so appologies if these points have been made about Moen.

Invariably we will have injuries so depth is something you never have enough of.

And a guy like Moen would bring at lot more in terms of pick(s) and or prospects closer to the trade deadline.

Last edited:

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
Don't have time to read all the other posts so appologies if these points have been made about Moen.

Invariably we will have injuries so depth is something you never have enough of.

And a guy like Moen would bring at lot more in terms of pick(s) and or prospects closer to the trade deadline.

I'd hate to see us dump Moen for a 7th now, only to trade a 3rd or a prospect for a similar depth player at the deadline. But I trust MB.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd hate to see us dump Moen for a 7th now, only to trade a 3rd or a prospect for a similar depth player at the deadline. But I trust MB.

Think of it this way. What if The Front Office wants to go with 8 D?
They also want Jiri in the line up and don't want to stall any of the other kids progression...
Bournival, Weise for example what do you do? We don't need anything for TM. Only that he goes elsewhere...

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
I get that and would like to see the young guys get a chance too but I still think he is good depth and should bring us something back now or later when his value is higher.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

Don't have to mean to young guys sitting. Example, say Beaulieu is the 5th dmen, you can have Pateryn and DD44 as the 7th and 8th guy, and Pateryn and Weaver can split duty at RD with Weaver.

Pateryn is 24, nothing much for him to learn in the AHL.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
The ideal situation is no young d-men in the press box, have Drewiske or Bouillon as #7.

I can see the team going with Pateryn and Drewisky in the stands. Pateryn isn't young anymore and is going to be a fringe #6 anyway, or maybe a #5 in a best case scenario. So I have no problem with him starting at #7.

Drewisky is the perfect vet who you can play every 7-10 games, or when a vet like Markov has a little bruise.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Honestly I like Moen, even yesterday he had a pretty good game for a 4th liner. Just a smart, reliable vet. He's just a victim of injuries, fans/management being attracted by the shiny new toys and not being a sexy player in terms of physicality or overall play.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

No. There wouldn't be room for white either. Unless you'd rather have White over one of Weise, Bournival, Prust, Thomas or Sekac.

There just isn't room for either White or Moen. Moen would have been let go for free this summer if he had been a free agent. Bad contract for a player who has seen better days.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I can see the team going with Pateryn and Drewisky in the stands. Pateryn isn't young anymore and is going to be a fringe #6 anyway, or maybe a #5 in a best case scenario. So I have no problem with him starting at #7.

Drewisky is the perfect vet who you can play every 7-10 games, or when a vet like Markov has a little bruise.

Yeah I'd much rather keep Pateryn as the #7.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

A similar player traded at the deadline who wouldn't be done physically and could actually grind or fight and who doesn't make 1.8M?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
"Ideal" and "Bouillon" in the same sentence don't work. I'll accept Drewiske as a # 7 who never plays though.

You'd rather have Drewiske over Bouillon ? Why ? Is this a joke ?

You could at least have said Pateryn or Nygren to at least remain credible.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
*Was

Was.

He's another Armstrong now.

White isn't even Armstrong though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to move on from both White and Moen as better players emerge, but let's not sell Moen too short. He's better than White at both ends of the ice, e's bigger and he can fight above welterweight level. Moen would have been 13th or 14th forward on the team, White would have been 17th or 18th forward.

This is where I hear a response that White's 51% in the circle means that he's "really good at face-offs".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->