MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Kopech is damn right dominate for me online, he's a great value with all his pitches and a 102 MPH FB. Most guys are quitting on me after the 1st or 2nd inning. He's like 15-2 on my team with 5 complete game shut-outs and one no-hitter. Most of the wins from quitters.
Is there more than one diamond Kopech? I faced him the other day and lit him up. Maybe my opponent didn't mix his pitches enough but I sat fastball and crushed him.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The first "big" collection

0ttfn37zpw171.jpg

I'm ok with this. More pitching vs these great hitter cards is a must.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Did they mention if there'd be showdowns/moments to do for the season two team affinity?

Hoping they don't go up in difficultly if there are

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Kopech is damn right dominate for me online, he's a great value with all his pitches and a 102 MPH FB. Most guys are quitting on me after the 1st or 2nd inning. He's like 15-2 on my team with 5 complete game shut-outs and one no-hitter. Most of the wins from quitters.
I played against him the other day and he was ridiculous, I had nothing.

On a different note, I am heavy into Ohtani. I bought a dozen last week at 2500, they doubled and I sold a few and now they are back around 2500 so I bought 20 more. This card has to be going way up, and soon, with the way he's playing. Bought a dozen Garcia at 1000 while I was at it.

Good flipping again today, I made about 50k in no time this morning and bought the 96 Winters. C was the biggest hole in my lineup but he's gone way up in the last couple hours so I might just flip him.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Did they mention if there'd be showdowns/moments to do for the season two team affinity?

Hoping they don't go up in difficultly if there are
It will be exactly like TA1 except now you tally plate appearances instead of innings for some repeatable challenges and they added 1 more exchange challenge

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Is there more than one diamond Kopech? I faced him the other day and lit him up. Maybe my opponent didn't mix his pitches enough but I sat fastball and crushed him.

I don't know and he's not even that high of a diamond, nor that expensive. His breaking balls combined with his heater are insane. If they keep throwing FB in the same location you can obviously sit on it provided you don't yank down the PCI like I do ... lol

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I played against him the other day and he was ridiculous, I had nothing.

On a different note, I am heavy into Ohtani. I bought a dozen last week at 2500, they doubled and I sold a few and now they are back around 2500 so I bought 20 more. This card has to be going way up, and soon, with the way he's playing. Bought a dozen Garcia at 1000 while I was at it.

Good flipping again today, I made about 50k in no time this morning and bought the 96 Winters. C was the biggest hole in my lineup but he's gone way up in the last couple hours so I might just flip him.

Maybe I played you ... lol. I want the Ohtani pitcher... I have the hitter.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Maybe I played you ... lol. I want the Ohtani pitcher... I have the hitter.
Haha maybe, was it an Edmonton team? I'm strictly buying them for later, he's easily gonna be a diamond. He's only 2500ish right now, may as well pick at least one up.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I looked at my online standings/stats. Honestly? My hitting isn't nearly as bad as I thought.

Through 15 ranked season games I'm sitting at a BA of .270. I'm sure I'll get there eventually but I can't read pitches for shit still. Idk what I'm doing wrong at this point lol

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
My stats are prob inflated because I haven't played much...

YearWLR/GHRSBAVGERAK/9WHIP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think I figured out my hitting problem.

For whatever reason, my brain can't comprehend hitting with a button well. Zone is obviously the way to go but I thought to myself "what if I go analog just for the swing input?"

Sure enough it's helped a shitload. Played a quick play game and I put up 15 runs and 16 hits on the Dodgers on all-star. I'm not sure what it is but for whatever reason my brain reacts faster when I know I just have to flick the stick

I noticed with zone + button my brain would go see pitch, then stare at it for a sec and then swing. Almost always screwing my timing up. With analog input its see pitch, lock in PCI and swing. My PCI placement still kinda needs work but god damn did that feel like a slump buster.

If I had to guess it's probably something to do with the near decade I dumped into playing NHL and my muscle memory being more acclimated to a twin stick style control scheme

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
@Hammettf2b What do you think the 96 Story card is going to do valuewise? I'm debating buying it but thinking it will be way cheaper in a week or two.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
@Hammettf2b What do you think the 96 Story card is going to do valuewise? I'm debating buying it but thinking it will be way cheaper in a week or two.
BR cards tend to stay at a high price but might be different this year since everyone can grind for it. Prices are a litter higher than normal because of the stub sale so i can see it going down in price as more ppl unlock it and the sale ends but I would guess not by much because ppl will want to use the card instead of selling it.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I think I figured out my hitting problem.

For whatever reason, my brain can't comprehend hitting with a button well. Zone is obviously the way to go but I thought to myself "what if I go analog just for the swing input?"

Sure enough it's helped a shitload. Played a quick play game and I put up 15 runs and 16 hits on the Dodgers on all-star. I'm not sure what it is but for whatever reason my brain reacts faster when I know I just have to flick the stick

I noticed with zone + button my brain would go see pitch, then stare at it for a sec and then swing. Almost always screwing my timing up. With analog input its see pitch, lock in PCI and swing. My PCI placement still kinda needs work but god damn did that feel like a slump buster.

If I had to guess it's probably something to do with the near decade I dumped into playing NHL and my muscle memory being more acclimated to a twin stick style control scheme
I tried this after reading your post and I find it way better too. Did a game on all star as well and crushed them 10-2 with 14 hits. It feels way more natural and easier to time.

I've basically perfected my auction strategy and absolutely killed it this weekend. I'm sitting at 1.1 Million stubs and that's after upgrading my team a bit and buying a ton of Ohtani's for selling later.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Almost finished all of the 1&2 TA. Just need the Central for TA2 and I'm done. Won't use any of the cards but they are great for getting MO

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
You wild lol that's impressively quick. I've only been able to play a couple showdowns, was busy this weekend moving.

Did win a ranked game in the 13th inning last night lol, ended up tying the game on a bloop single from Mariano Rivera in the 13th before winning it because I had used up every bench player haha.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Do the Monthly Awards task go away when the next month starts? I’m torn on whether I want to spend the stubs to pick up the last couple Topps cards I need to complete the collection and get the Buxton card(I sold a few of the Topps cards early before realizing I’d need them for the Monthly’s).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad