MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Sold off Tatis and Jason Bay have 160k let's see what happens today lol.

Didn't particular like either of them so just slid Dejong and Ohtani back into the lineup.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bleh. Space 1 pack sale.

None of the cards in that set are worth a damn outside of the Donaldson postseason card but you could literally buy him for probably half the cost of a pack since prices will tank.

Great card too. Easily my most consistent hitter.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Yeah I stupidly bought one of those packs, what a rip off.

On the flip side Fridays are easily the best day for flipping, easy money out there today.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rolled the dice on the flash sale LS diamond pack.

Spent 25k, got Tatis who even with the market turmoil is worth almost 50k. Can't complain there lol.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I'm getting close to the live series. Still need the Yankees and Braves. Acuna and Cole left.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Well I did it. Then promptly went online and got crushed by a dude with a gold team lol.
Screenshot_20210525-160303_Chrome.jpg

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Well I did it. Then promptly went online and got crushed by a dude with a gold team lol.
View attachment 438975
That team is insane!

Also you like Mookie eh? I've only played 4/5 games with him but can't hit for shit.

Bellinger rakes though.

Also what is the best way to grind team affinity's would you guys say? Do the collections, moments, showdown? Anything else?

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
That team is insane!

Also you like Mookie eh? I've only played 4/5 games with him but can't hit for shit.

Bellinger rakes though.

Also what is the best way to grind team affinity's would you guys say? Do the collections, moments, showdown? Anything else?
Thanks. Ya Mookie has been probably my best hitter, plus he's good in the field. I have him at 2nd now and so far, so good. Bellinger was one of the last cards I got, haven't even tried him. Mike Trout on the other hand I'm hitting about .100 with, worse than most of my pitchers.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Something I've been trying to get better at seeing pitches.

First, I use the strike zone camera. It helps see pitches a lot easier for me. Something I've been doing since 17'.
Second, I change the pci to dots on the inner and nothing else on the outer so all you see are the 3 dots. You can use whatever color/opacity you wish. Right now, I'm using cyan at 40%.
Third, I always take the first pitch of a new pitcher. This is how I find their release point. Then what I do is place my pci top dot right at the release point. This helps me tell what pitch is coming. If its a breaking ball, the ball jumps over the pci dot. If its filth in the dirt, it comes out below the dot ect... I completely focus on the top dot pre pitch. This is of course for zone hitting. Something to consider if you find yourself struggling with recognizing pitches.

I did this in practice mode for about an hour. Felt good afterwards. Proceeded to win my next 2 ranked games using this method.

Now, if only I could do something to help with jerking the pci all the way down lol

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This game is just straight up unrewarding online.

Love how i can square up the ball and it's caught at the warning track or the defender makes a unreal play while the other guy gets a crapton of totally undeserved bloop singles. That and everyone spams the same lame ass 100+ mph pitches.

Offline it's great. Plays very closely to the real thing but offline is lame as f***

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Something I've been trying to get better at seeing pitches.

First, I use the strike zone camera. It helps see pitches a lot easier for me. Something I've been doing since 17'.
Second, I change the pci to dots on the inner and nothing else on the outer so all you see are the 3 dots. You can use whatever color/opacity you wish. Right now, I'm using cyan at 40%.
Third, I always take the first pitch of a new pitcher. This is how I find their release point. Then what I do is place my pci top dot right at the release point. This helps me tell what pitch is coming. If its a breaking ball, the ball jumps over the pci dot. If its filth in the dirt, it comes out below the dot ect... I completely focus on the top dot pre pitch. This is of course for zone hitting. Something to consider if you find yourself struggling with recognizing pitches.

I did this in practice mode for about an hour. Felt good afterwards. Proceeded to win my next 2 ranked games using this method.

Now, if only I could do something to help with jerking the pci all the way down lol
The jerking the PCI all the way down thing is legit. I don't even know why I do it most of the time lol like I know the pitch isn't going there why I am pulling it down?

I've been getting better. I'm something like 9-3 online, lost a tight one 5-4 last night where I should have tied it up in the 9th but my guy didn't take off right away from 2nd then got thrown out at home.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm 20-8 online so far. Not really sure how. Was down 1-0 to a bunt cheeser last night, got annoyed and switched to directional. Proceeded to hit back to back to back home runs and he quit. My batters eye isn't functional right now so I think I may need a break lol.

I'm hoping those TA2 cards aren't too brutal to get. I need me that Torii Hunter. Probs gonna take a break until the third inning program starts.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This game is just straight up unrewarding online.

Love how i can square up the ball and it's caught at the warning track or the defender makes a unreal play while the other guy gets a crapton of totally undeserved bloop singles. That and everyone spams the same lame ass 100+ mph pitches.

Offline it's great. Plays very closely to the real thing but offline is lame as f***
Just played someone last night who proceeded to hit 3 hrs with the pitches all out of the zone. 2 of them their pci was completely off too. so annoying. played at Coors so that prob had something to do with it but damn, you feel like you make great pitches where your opponent shouldn't be able to put good wood on it but they get rewarded anyway. I ended up coming back to win 8-7 but damn was it frustrating. Also, I might need to find another pitcher to replace Burnes. It just feels like he doesn't have a strikeout pitch I can work with. Looking forward to some TA2 pitchers.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Just played someone last night who proceeded to hit 3 hrs with the pitches all out of the zone. 2 of them their pci was completely off too. so annoying. played at Coors so that prob had something to do with it but damn, you feel like you make great pitches where your opponent shouldn't be able to put good wood on it but they get rewarded anyway. I ended up coming back to win 8-7 but damn was it frustrating. Also, I might need to find another pitcher to replace Burnes. It just feels like he doesn't have a strikeout pitch I can work with. Looking forward to some TA2 pitchers.

I've been hitting a good amount of HR's with contact swing online. I typically only use it on 2 strike counts but I think the difference in power vs. normal is negligible and your PCI is huge. I'm hitting dingers on pitches well out of the zone sometimes.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I've been hitting a good amount of HR's with contact swing online. I typically only use it on 2 strike counts but I think the difference in power vs. normal is negligible and your PCI is huge. I'm hitting dingers on pitches well out of the zone sometimes.
Ya, thats the meta right now. It seems bugged. The exit velo on contact swings are too high. Should be patched.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Kopech is damn right dominate for me online, he's a great value with all his pitches and a 102 MPH FB. Most guys are quitting on me after the 1st or 2nd inning. He's like 15-2 on my team with 5 complete game shut-outs and one no-hitter. Most of the wins from quitters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad