MLB The Show 21 (Xbox, PS5)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Good call to hang on to my Woodruff after watching the market trip over itself trying to flip him.

Just gonna buy 20 of him real quick since he's only going for 5k rn :laugh:

That's easy money. Wait a few days for the frenzy to end and then flip them since even the shittiest of diamonds go for like 15k

Make that 23 bought

Last edited:

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
@Hammettf2b Well I did it and bought the rest of the AL west to get the challenges done. It's pretty satisfying getting a whole team done. How do you like Tanana? His pitches look awesome.

Edit: do you know a way to give money in this game, I wanna throw 30k or so to my friend to give him a start. It doesn't really seem possible to me on the auction because of the structure and limits.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
@Hammettf2b Well I did it and bought the rest of the AL west to get the challenges done. It's pretty satisfying getting a whole team done. How do you like Tanana? His pitches look awesome.

Edit: do you know a way to give money in this game, I wanna throw 30k or so to my friend to give him a start. It doesn't really seem possible to me on the auction because of the structure and limits.
Ya you can't really transfer stubs in this game very easily. Be forewarned there are ways to do it but SDS bans ppl that do.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Me watching Woodruff: Stonks go up right?

I feel like the people selling him at 5k earlier don't realize that he *should* go up in value just based on being a diamond

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Con: Woodruff isn't going up like i thought

Pro: He's still hovering around where i bought him and has gone up a smidgen so i can still make an (admittedly) small profit so at least i don't lose money

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I never want to see Fernando again. I ran into him (while also having him on the mound) and the game that was played was an affront to baseball.

I had to switch to directional and hit an ugly grand slam with Kenny Lofton to give me the win since mine went 8 and 2/3 innings at 140 pitches lol

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I never want to see Fernando again. I ran into him (while also having him on the mound) and the game that was played was an affront to baseball.

I had to switch to directional and hit an ugly grand slam with Kenny Lofton to give me the win since mine went 8 and 2/3 innings at 140 pitches lol

Yeah he's pretty bad. I had to face a purple card Shohei Ohtani pitching online yesterday... he's nasty. Pretty much no hit me through six. The break on his curveball is ridiculous, I have no idea where it's going.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Don't forget your free packs Playsation users. I think you might have to redeem them through the PS Store though. Search for MLB The Show and it should pop up.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Grabbed Lee Smith as my second inning boss.

Bay and Donnie Baseball are good but it feels like for as good as they are, there's going to be better than them in due time. Smith seems like a no brainer with how relievers are eh.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Grabbed Lee Smith as my second inning boss.

Bay and Donnie Baseball are good but it feels like for as good as they are, there's going to be better than them in due time. Smith seems like a no brainer with how relievers are eh.
same. I'm looking for another lefty for my bullpen. Currently am only using 2. Chapman and Franco. Hader seems like a logical choice but I don't like his pitch repertoire.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I've been rolling with some of the team affinity throwbacks in my bullpen.

Kelvin Herrera has been pretty money for me because of his release and the fact he throws 102 mph fastballs and has good offspeed stuff. Rod Dibble isn't bad either and most of the high level players have him in their pen iirc.

He's usually my 7th/8th inning guy and then I go to Rivera to close it. If anything with Smith around, Mariano becomes an 8th inning guy.

Basically all of my pen have high 90s fastballs. Herrera, Dibble, Jose Alvarado, etc.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
my bullpen

atWyIRj.png

Franco is pretty clutch. People can't seem to get used to get good contact against him

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Damn that's solid. Come to think of it I could probably add Eck to mine since I have the A's collection done.

I'm still torn on what I want to do. I have about 200k in stubs and I really want to go for full live series collection but the grind is insane. Trout cost 400k+ (won't go up since he's hurt but still) and then you have to consider Acuna spiked in price too. I have enough now where I could finish the NL Central and get Ernie Banks for the upgrade now but then the stubs are gone.

I can see why my buddy just dumped money in to get it done. Even with a sizable amount of money I could burn I still can't in any way justify that amount for one card that'll be useless in like 11 months no less. Then you have to consider there's still a good 500k you need for the other pricy collections

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Damn that's solid. Come to think of it I could probably add Eck to mine since I have the A's collection done.

I'm still torn on what I want to do. I have about 200k in stubs and I really want to go for full live series collection but the grind is insane. Trout cost 400k+ (won't go up since he's hurt but still) and then you have to consider Acuna spiked in price too. I have enough now where I could finish the NL Central and get Ernie Banks for the upgrade now but then the stubs are gone.

I can see why my buddy just dumped money in to get it done. Even with a sizable amount of money I could burn I still can't in any way justify that amount for one card that'll be useless in like 11 months no less. Then you have to consider there's still a good 500k you need for the other pricy collections
It's definitely a grind. I flipped Topps Now Baddo/Knapp until I was able to afford Chipper. The margins would be 200-300 stubs per flip. Sometimes less. But it went fast. and I mean fast. If you stay on it, you can flip 10 cards in no time. Less than 10 min.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Maybe that was the problem. I was targetting the higher margin (like 400-500) flips and it seems like I hit a wall.

Maybe I'll try the smaller margins. I notice I had luck flipping Ryu this morning (loaded up on him since I have to think he gets at least a small nudge up from SDS next week) at the cost of a smaller profit margin

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Maybe that was the problem. I was targetting the higher margin (like 400-500) flips and it seems like I hit a wall.

Maybe I'll try the smaller margins. I notice I had luck flipping Ryu this morning (loaded up on him since I have to think he gets at least a small nudge up from SDS next week) at the cost of a smaller profit margin
Ya the smaller margin flips always flip faster. Faster flips means more profit but its tedious.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I decided to splurge and do the NL Central collection for Ernie Banks. Honestly super glad I did. His swing is smooth as silk and he's hitting like .600 for me through two ranked games. Basically boiled down to "oh well you need to do these collections anyway for Chipper)

Currently sitting at 503 with a 14-3 record in ranked. Last night I was especially dialed in. Wish I could hit middle/high fastballs. I know where it's going but I don't think I'm pulling the trigger fast enough since every swing is too late with a damn near perfect PCI placement

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Currently 14-2. Just haven't played much. I have yet to play a game that went the full 9 innings. Had a guy rage quit in the 8th with only a 2 run deficit. In these lower ranks, people seem to quit more often than not. Both my losses I played some goon who hit everything and I knew I couldn't make a comeback so I decided to save my bullpen lol.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Just played a guy who intentionally walked David Ortiz every at bat even if he was leading off lmao. He scored 3-4 times iirc. Why are people like this lol. I mercy'd him in the 8th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad