OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Judge wasn't robbed. Altuve was just as good as Judge. It was a coin toss.
IDK man, Judge had better WAR on worse team that had them overacheive into the playoffs that season. In terms of narratives and performance, I feel it should've been a no-brainer. But I guess they gave it to Altuve more b/c he 'paid his dues' a la Trout being robbed for MVP 2x aka "he'll win plenty in his career, let's give it to this guy instead".

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would be willing to part with Florial for Kluber.

We kind of don't have a shortstop and kind of wouldn't have a third baseman if we parted with Andujar...

Not tading a penciled-in starter is different from hugging prospects.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

We kind of don't have a shortstop and kind of wouldn't have a third baseman if we parted with Andujar...

Gleyber at SS.

Machado is going to happen whether you want it to or not.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Machado will do both next season.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Ok with trading Andujar for Kluber. Not ok with dealing Florial for anyone really. Kid is legit.

But if they do deal Andujar, we need Machado signed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm holding Andujar incase Bumgarner shakes lose in SF. Florial has a ton of talent, but theres significant of risk there too.

Holding him over Andujar would be insane. One has already shown he can hit in the majors, the other hasn't even shown that he can hit AA pitching.

All this Machado talk is scaring me. That is a lot of money to invest in a guy with acknowledged character issues.

Character issues and all, hes a perennial 6 WAR player.

I don't know that its the wisest investment for other reasons, but the character stuff is overblown.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm holding Andujar incase Bumgarner shakes lose in SF. Florial has a ton of talent, but theres significant of risk there too.

Holding him over Andujar would be insane. One has already shown he can hit in the majors, the other hasn't even shown that he can hit AA pitching.

Character issues and all, hes a perennial 6 WAR player.

I don't know that its the wisest investment for other reasons, but the character stuff is overblown.
Scouts are saying this kid is going to be a star. A 5-Tool player. If you sign Machado, he replaces Andujar.

Hicks is not going to be here long term. Frazier in LF. Florial in CF in 2-3 years. Lengthen the window while having cheaper salaries on the books.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Scouts are saying this kid is going to be a star. A 5-Tool player. If you sign Machado, he replaces Andujar.

Hicks is not going to be here long term. Frazier in LF. Florial in CF in 2-3 years. Lengthen the window while having cheaper salaries on the books.
I don't want a window. I want World Championships. Now.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I don't want a window. I want World Championships. Now.
Okay and they dont have to sacrifice Florial to achieve that. They dont. They were one game away from the WS just two years ago with a very young and raw team. They lost this past year to a 108 team that was on a war path. They are not far off.

Sign Machado.
Sign Daniel Murphy for 2B
Let Voit/Bird battle out 1B
Sign Miller
Try to re-sign one of DRob/Britton
Trade for Kluber with Andujar as the main piece
Sign one of Corbin/Happ/Keuchel (last resort)
Re-Sign Hechevarria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad