OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Could've won games 1 and 4 if Stanton didn't have his clown shoes on.

Every year, every single f***ing year this happens with one of our 'big name' players.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The rotation needs a least two new additions, preferably one being an ace. CC is washed up and shouldn't be brought back. The lineup needs more balance both in lefties and a better approach at the dish. Thames and Rothschild did terrible jobs and should be replaced.

Reactions: RGY

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Offseason goals:
-Hire a new pitching coach
-Hire a new hitting coach
-Get a new SP (preferably ace, but new PC might help Sevy be that consistent ace) to replace CC

Reactions: LeetchisGod

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Why would moving Andujar and signing Machado be a bad idea? Get the assets back for Andujar, preferably a SP, and replace him with a better defender and hitter.

I’m also not sure why the team WOULDN’T be interested in Harper. Young free agent who would fit in nicely between Judge and Stanton. Get a hitting coach who preaches patience and contact with two strikes and that’s an absolute murderers row. They need someone with some authority to come in and develop a thought process that brings back the trust in their teammates to get the job done when they get on base. Walks and singles put strain on the opposing pitcher which causes mistakes. They don’t do enough of it.

Reactions: All Might and RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why would moving Andujar and signing Machado be a bad idea? Get the assets back for Andujar, preferably a SP, and replace him with a better defender and hitter.

I’m also not sure why the team WOULDN’T be interested in Harper. Young free agent who would fit in nicely between Judge and Stanton. Get a hitting coach who preaches patience and contact with two strikes and that’s an absolute murderers row. They need someone with some authority to come in and develop a thought process that brings back the trust in their teammates to get the job done when they get on base. Walks and singles put strain on the opposing pitcher which causes mistakes. They don’t do enough of it.
Great post. All of this. All of it.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Offseason goals:
-Hire a new pitching coach
-Hire a new hitting coach
-Get a new SP (preferably ace, but new PC might help Sevy be that consistent ace) to replace CC

Hope regression to the mean for the Red Sox happens

darko

Feb 16, 2009
RGY I'm not saying Gleyber can't learn 3B. I'm saying we shouldn't be forcing him to learn a new position for the 2nd season in a row. Also his bat profiles much better at 2B.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
RGY I'm not saying Gleyber can't learn 3B. I'm saying we shouldn't be forcing him to learn a new position for the 2nd season in a row. Also his bat profiles much better at 2B.
I dont disagree. I’m just looking at all possible options. I really would like to add Murphy’s lefty bat to the lineup. But he cant play 3B...and I have a feeling the Yanks will sign Harper for 1B. Because even if they dont bring back either of Gardner or McCutchen then I think the idea is to let Clint Frazier take over in LF.

But again they can go in a lot of different directions.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Andujar isn't going anywhere short of a young top of the rotation starter.

I'm thinking that maybe Andujar gets moved to 1B. Sign Harper for LF and Machado for 3B.

Stanton still becomes the full-time DH and can rotate that with Harper/Sanchez/Andujar/etc

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Andujar isn't going anywhere short of a young top of the rotation starter.

I'm thinking that maybe Andujar gets moved to 1B. Sign Harper for LF and Machado for 3B.

Stanton still becomes the full-time DH and can rotate that with Harper/Sanchez/Andujar/etc
I don't think they'll sign Harper and Machado. With Stanton so vastly overpaid, that is way too much money tied up in three players. Eventually we'll have to pay Judge.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Harper is too risky... he's had some seriously mediocre seasons in between his good ones. Another streaky bat in an already bipolar line-up

Mochado on the other hand...

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Harper is too risky... he's had some seriously mediocre seasons in between his good ones. Another streaky bat in an already bipolar line-up

Mochado on the other hand...
If we sign Machado, Andujar has to be traded for pitching. We also have to find left hand hitters for 1B and LF. The lineup is way too right handed.

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Can't have two $300m contracts on your team. Let alone, 3 of them when it comes to resigning Judge.

Andujar's numbers at 23 were not all that different than Machado's. And he is a rookie with lots more growing to go. It would be far cheaper to bring his defensive acumen to a C level and letting him continue to develop as a hitter, then taking on another 10 year, $300m contract. Spend the money on pitching.

Harper? With him, the Yankees are destined to have the first $900m outfield in history of game. Blow out the luxury tax. That is the outfield for the next decade. Not loving being so locked in with no maneuverability.

You always see how not everyone can play in NY. And those that can play in NY, but not when the pressure is on. In Andujar, you have a rookie that has done both things. Exchanging a youngster that has played that way for 10 years and another $300m I think would be VERY short sighted. Spend the money on staring pitching and power relief arms.

Reactions: NCRanger

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There is no need to add Harper. None.

People complaining about RH bats haven't paid attention. The shift has straight up eaten LH hitters alive. They've targeted RH bats that can take advantage of the short porch in right. Theres a method to their madness and it's one that is clearly the right method.

If Andujar does get traded, it probably wont be for the young controllable arm that we're all seeking. Like I said I expect him to be dangled for a sure thing (Bumgarner.)

They need to add a young controllable arm that they can add to what they already have. Severino will get himself sorted out, the off season+a real pitching coach will do wonders.

Reactions: Rangers743

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Can't have two $300m contracts on your team. Let alone, 3 of them when it comes to resigning Judge.

Andujar's numbers at 23 were not all that different than Machado's. And he is a rookie with lots more growing to go. It would be far cheaper to bring his defensive acumen to a C level and letting him continue to develop as a hitter, then taking on another 10 year, $300m contract. Spend the money on pitching.

Harper? With him, the Yankees are destined to have the first $900m outfield in history of game. Blow out the luxury tax. That is the outfield for the next decade. Not loving being so locked in with no maneuverability.

You always see how not everyone can play in NY. And those that can play in NY, but not when the pressure is on. In Andujar, you have a rookie that has done both things. Exchanging a youngster that has played that way for 10 years and another $300m I think would be VERY short sighted. Spend the money on staring pitching and power relief arms.

Exactly. The Yankees did win 100 games. It's not like they're not an elite team. With a better plate approach, and more consistent pitching (tired of seeing how this bullpen was statistically historically "great", when I saw Robertson, Kahnle, Betances, Green, etc., cough up leads and blow games), they win 110 this year. Worried about Andujar's defense so much that you'd go out and spend $Ridiculous on Machado, who isn't a whole lot better than what they got out of Andujar? Dumb. Dark Era Rangers dumb.

Same thing with Harper. He's probably going to sign with the Cubs, so he can go down swinging 200 times a year with his LV buddy Bryant on a team with a manager who demands less responsibility at the plate than Boone.

Get another starting pitcher, so someone like Cessa doesn't have to join the rotation for a few weeks in July. Dump a bullpen guy or two, so the rotation out there is more set, and less garbage from time to time.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It's funny but not unexpected the sky-is-falling responses in here.

The offense doesn't have a personnel problem, yall are spoiled AF. The team will gel together better next year and be better in all situation hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad