OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bauer does seems like a lot of typical HFBoards posters.
Yep, he's got that vibe.

He's knowledgeable in certain areas, usually those related to his profession. The other stuff is just a mess. Like some of the "Twitter battles" he's gotten into are just ridiculous. Just like an HF poster, as you said.

Reactions: All Might

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Too smart to be a HF poster.
IDK. There are some people here who are clearly very intelligent and can really talk your ear off about analytics and a very advanced level. But they're immature, and if you challenge them too hard for too long they show their immaturity. Or, if you try to engage them in a deep debate outside of their area of relative expertise, they act like a high school kid who thinks he's getting picked on (which is probably what they are). Bauer is a little more mature, usually, but when he engages on things like politics and the Twitter masses hit back, he really comes across like that immature HF poster.

He's a good pitcher who had a great year, but that's it for me. I wish a lot of guys would just refrain from getting into it on social media (not just conservative athletes by the way; I just think it always ends up causing problems). But, it's their right to do so, and unless their team asks them to stop, it's up to them to do as they please. MLB and the PA should come up with a joint social media policy, or at least guidelines. And that's not to muzzle guys, but really to protect them.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yankees Team Doctor is saying Eovaldi’s elbow is fine (not for the yankees sake just in general). But should the Yankees consider him? His velocity is up and he was a horse in the playoffs. Good movement on his pitches.

Bumgarner appears to be back in the mix, possibly on the market with management changing there. However, there is a concern with his fastball velocity dropping and its effectiveness.

Kluber should be option A. Then either Corbin or Bumgarner depending on what each would cost via money or trade. Although Eovaldi intrigues me and may be creeping into the second pitcher talk that we should get. I think they have to come away with 2 of those 4 minimum. Keuchel is the last resort.

Ultimately, Sign Machado. Complete deal of Andujar for Kluber. Re-sign Hechevarria. Sign Daniel Murphy. Sign Corbin.

To start the season:

C-Sanchez
1B-Bird/Voit
2B-Murphy
3B-Machado
SS-Torres
LF-Frazier
CF-Hicks
RF-Judge
DH-Stanton

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Could the Yankees just sign Keuchel and Harper and then trade Adujar for Kluber? Issue of course becomes who plays the left side of the infield.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Keuchel hasn't been good in over two seasons. Don't let his performances against the Yankees lately fool you. I'd stay far, far away from him.

Trade for Kluber and sign Corbin. Sign Harper or Murphy to play 1st. Call it an off season. I really thought Machado was a lock to come to the Yankees before this year's postseason started, but I think that since he was dealt to LA, a lot of red flags manifested themselves that I think will make the Yankees shy away.

Harper is a Scott Boras client. Boras had always had a friendly relationship with the Yankees front office.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Keuchel hasn't been good in over two seasons. Don't let his performances against the Yankees lately fool you. I'd stay far, far away from him.

Trade for Kluber and sign Corbin. Sign Harper or Murphy to play 1st. Call it an off season. I really thought Machado was a lock to come to the Yankees before this year's postseason started, but I think that since he was dealt to LA, a lot of red flags manifested themselves that I think will make the Yankees shy away.

Harper is a Scott Boras client. Boras had always had a friendly relationship with the Yankees front office.

Harper also makes sense with his lefty bat

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think he was on Nightengale's list of free agents that could go without a deal long into the offseason. It makes sense.

Very possible. Don't think he gets a deal he's looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad