Mitch “Magic” Marner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Differnece is Matthews hometown team is the poorest in the NHL and biggest mess. MacDavid's is the richest and as well run as any organization.

Matthews has made 32.4 million the past 2 July 1st bonuses. The $$$$ is in Toronto along with a first class organization and a winning team

The other difference is that Matthews' team will have won multiple cups.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I just love that he's added the shot to his game. He's legitimately dangerous with it now and you can see goalies and defense starting to panic. They were always nervous when he had the puck, he's a 90 point player, but now you can practically see them quaking in their boots. When he ripped it off the bar against Smith the other night you could practically see him thinking, "oh god oh shit oh f***, shot or pass???" and wilting into the net.

Right now he is everything we have ever hoped and dreamed he would be. He's worth his contract. He's just so bloody good. Watch him take the next offseason as an opportunity to figure out how to do that Patrick Kane backhand roof job off the rush.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Matthews is a non-starter. You would definitely need to include Marner in any deal for McDavid as the 2 cannot co-exist on the same team. They have been adversaries since junior. One always thought they were better then the other. Their families cannot stand each other. Wouldnt work at the pro level either.

Any deal to acquire McDavid would definitely include Marner going the other way with Matthews or Tavares shifting to the wing to accommodate McDavid at C.
Not sure why you’d think that but I’ve never known it to be true. Paul can run people the wrong way but I’ve never known Mitch and Connor to have issues. Will one of them back out of team Canada?

Reactions: therealkoho

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Matthews is a non-starter. You would definitely need to include Marner in any deal for McDavid as the 2 cannot co-exist on the same team. They have been adversaries since junior. One always thought they were better then the other. Their families cannot stand each other. Wouldnt work at the pro level either.

Any deal to acquire McDavid would definitely include Marner going the other way with Matthews or Tavares shifting to the wing to accommodate McDavid at C.

That's sounds ridiculous and even if true, they should be able to figure it out and get over it.

If the Leafs are going to get McDavid and Marner tries to say no, he can f*** right off, and I love Marner.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Differnece is Matthews hometown team is the poorest in the NHL and biggest mess. MacDavid's is the richest and as well run as any organization.

Matthews has made 32.4 million the past 2 July 1st bonuses. The $$$$ is in Toronto along with a first class organization and a winning team

the whole idea was that JT's contract was going to be up the year before McJeebuzz goes UFA so I wasn't referring to AM at all

as far as Matty goes, Arizero is a no go, if he goes anywhere I would think it would be LA, NY or the big D somewhere that even if you don't win the perks more then make up for it

Reactions: Korg and ACC1224

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Top ten forwards in the NHL for GF/60 on the Powerplay since Keefe was hired (out of 51 forwards with at least 200 minutes played):

1. Bergeron
2. Marner
3. McDavid
4. RNH
5. Draisaitl
6. Marchand
7. Matthews
8. Wheeler
9. Pasta
10. Scheifele

I wonder why the North scores so many goals?

Top 5 forwards for xGA/60 on the PK since Keefe was hired (out of 55 forwards with at least 120 minutes)

1. Blueger
2. Aho
3. Coleman
4. Hyman
5. Marner

Top 5 5v5 points/60 since Keefe was hired (out of 149 forwards with at least 800 minutes played):

1. Panarin
2. Stone
3. Malkin
4. Pasta
5. Marner

This kid is just sick at everything now.

Reactions: Menzinger

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It will be nice if the magic would show when Matthews isn't going. So far when Matthews is going, then Marner is going. Marner slows down when Matthews isn't going. Thats not exactly best player on the team stuff from Mitch.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It will be nice if the magic would show when Matthews isn't going. So far when Matthews is going, then Marner is going. Marner slows down when Matthews isn't going. Thats not exactly best player on the team stuff from Mitch.

As a co-line driver, Marner was really out of sync and terrible tonight. Not even counting the drop pass to Muzzin, but why was he lone ranger rushing so much into 4 Canucks on 2 occasions, or completely looking off all passing options and telegraphing his wrister? This was definitely one of the lower end Marner games, and we've been lucky there haven't been many at all this year.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
We all know Mitch Money can be a threat playing with anyone. Bad stretch of games but I'm sure he turns it around. my only concern is if Matthews really can't shoot we then having essential three playmakers and no legit shooting threat on the top line.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We all know Mitch Money can be a threat playing with anyone. Bad stretch of games but I'm sure he turns it around. my only concern is if Matthews really can't shoot we then having essential three playmakers and no legit shooting threat on the top line.
He can be but a concern is Mitch has only played well when Matthews has. Might be time to go Nylander-Matthews.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
He can be but a concern is Mitch has only played well when Matthews has. Might be time to go Nylander-Matthews.

LOL. Marner was awesome in that first Edmonton game without Matthews.
Players have ebbs and flows throughout the season. It happens. It's amazing how quick you are to turn on Marner after a couple off games when he was flat out dominant for a month and a half.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
It's funny how people say what does Nylander bring when the offense isn't going.
What does Marner when his passes aren't clicking? Aside from bad turnovers?

Unlike Nylander, Marner can be trusted on the ice in all situations. Maybe one day Willy will get there.

Reactions: ACC1224

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
LOL. Marner was awesome in that first Edmonton game without Matthews.
Players have ebbs and flows throughout the season. It happens. It's amazing how quick you are to turn on Marner after a couple off games when he was flat out dominant for a month and a half.
The obsession with Marner as related to Nylander is so reminiscent of snow white. Marner must die because he is fairest. Princess syndrome is real.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
It’s unreal, as soon as I saw this thread at the top again, I knew who it was. It’s kind of pathetic actually, but it never changes. So juvenile.
Marner did kind of suck though but the whole what about Nylander bit is just so perfect. Let's not forget the dumb penalty that allowed a goal that pretty well ended the game.
We get reminded that the wins and losses are unimportant to certain individuals as long as their guy can stand tall as the bestest ever.
Team dynamics be damneď.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Problem with Mitch is everything has to be fancy, he's gotta showcase skill in everything he does. He can't simply make a pass, it's gotta go behind the back or between the legs. Can't receive a pass normal, it has to be with his skates as he lands a triple axel lol.

Relax Mitch, we get it, you're good. No need to overdo it.

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Marner did kind of suck though but the whole what about Nylander bit is just so perfect. Let's not forget the dumb penalty that allowed a goal that pretty well ended the game.
We get reminded that the wins and losses are unimportant to certain individuals as long as their guy can stand tall as the bestest ever.
Team dynamics be damneď.
He was way off last night, no question. I’ve been expecting the top line to go through a rough patch, it’s inevitable.

The fact it always leads to a Willie comparison with some is a “tell” and frankly they’re irrelevant to any discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad