Mitch “Magic” Marner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Just saying, it's obvious that the Habs decided they are not going to allow Matthews or Marner to beat them

So our defense has picked up the slack.

I would say it's more on Matthews and Marner to break through the tight checking though, I can get not dominating every game but their time to step up IS this Saturday.

Reactions: ToneDog

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
They will bounce back and when the floodgates are open they better not close.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Just saying, it's obvious that the Habs decided they are not going to allow Matthews or Marner to beat them and people should not get upset with them. If the other three players on the ice with matthews and marner don't get more involved than it is what it is. So far this series, those three players are just standing around looking at Marner and Matthews to do everything
I’m sure many teams have decided they don’t want Crosby/Malkin, Toews/Kane to beat them.
High profile, big $ players need to find a way not just oh well I’m being checked so don’t look at me.

Are you regular season, playoffs or both.
For what we pay a winger, he should be both.

Or split them up. Marner should be able to handle his own line. Can’t send your best out against both of them when they are different lines.

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

I would say it's more on Matthews and Marner to break through the tight checking though, I can get not dominating every game but their time to step up IS this Saturday.

They still have 2 kicks at the can. Fail and it will be a long, hopefully 2 dose summer, for Leaf fans and Leaf management.

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019

It's not like they're not stepping up on purpose. If the opposition is following you all round the place you're not going to get yourself open no matter what you do unless your D men are also an offensive threat and none of the Leafs D are. If the Habs tried this strategy against Bruins Marchand line, McAvoy would have a field day

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
They still have 2 kicks at the can. Fail and it will be a long, hopefully 2 dose summer, for Leaf fans and Leaf management.
Yeah. They have, because others have stepped up. If you had told me before the playoffs that Marner and Matthews will have one goal between them after 5 games i'd think we were out.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Exactly my concern is that these guys can only hold the fort for so long.
Nylander, Rielly, Muzzin, Campbell, Hyman is enough to beat Montreal.
They just don’t have the horses.

We will have a better idea next round against Winnipeg. What type of playoff franchise guys to we have?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's not like they're not stepping up on purpose. If the opposition is following you all round the place you're not going to get yourself open no matter what you do unless your D men are also an offensive threat and none of the Leafs D are. If the Habs tried this strategy against Bruins Marchand line, McAvoy would have a field day

You have to beat players 1 on 1, they're capable of doing it.

Blackhawks are my second favourite team, I have seen the same coverage on Kane...Toews etc...they fight through it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You have to beat players 1 on 1, they're capable of doing it.

Blackhawks are my second favourite team, I have seen the same coverage on Kane...Toews etc...they fight through it.
Phil Kessel did it here with less.
If you are only good regular season, that’s not ideal. Not when you are paid as franchise.

Reactions: socko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille