Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Agree with the sandpaper, and Ottawa is looking like the team to chase right now as well, though I expect more from Niagra and Oshawa.
It would sure be nice to have an experienced tough Dman - no need for a lot of offensive production but it would shore things up for the smaller defenders on the team. A gritty left winger with some size would be of assistance defensively as well.
Fear the Fish

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hard to argue that, a bit sloppy last night defensively. They got bottled up more last night, struggled to get the puck out of their D zone. OS had a lot of puck possesion it seemed.

Owen Sound has a solid line up, was really impressed with them.

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Hard to argue that, a bit sloppy last night defensively. They got bottled up more last night, struggled to get the puck out of their D zone. OS had a lot of puck possesion it seemed.

Owen Sound has a solid line up, was really impressed with them.
OS has a lot of 98s still on their roster. Wonder who they are going to move.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
That's a good question being asked on their board as well. The concern is losing Durzi and Suzuki for nothing if they don't win this year. Goaltending aside I think are too good to be selling off, future be damned as they are a deep team. On the other hand they need picks or else it be lean for a few years. Should be interesting as teams begin to sell off or go all in coming up.

See if the Steelheads can bounce back in Erie. Otters third game in three so hopefully that will off set the bus ride.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Wouldn't be surprised to see a second start for Ranger, should be interesting how the team responds today.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
A 204 pound overage left winger- last year had 20 goals and 21 assists and 32 minutes in penalties. As well he has some pretty good play off stats. Lyszczarczyk- looks like he has played in Poland and Czechoslovakia-
Can’t spell his name but he sounds like a good addition.
JR will make him a 200 foot player. Sounds like he isn’t great in his own end. But he was something like Plus 11
last season.

Go steelheads

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Lazer seemed a little lost in fall 2017 when he arrived from Sudbury.

When he returned from the b pool WJC in Europe , where he captained the Polish team, he was a different player.

He is a solid contributor, was playing mostly on line one with Nick Suzuki.

Good deal for both clubs.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
If Missy doesn't get picks back for M.McLeod+R.McLeod+Tippett+Hague, it's going to be a long next 5-7 years in Steelheads land. Lyszarczyk is a good player, but I don't get this move at all
Me neither. Good luck but overpayed for sure. When I see what he fetched it makes me cringe when I think of the Sokolov one for one with Lipanov last year. He was an import too, only difference he was 50 goal scorer. Spilled milk. Interested to see how the season plays out for the fish. To me though, they’re delusional if they think they can compete with Ottawa or Niagara for starters.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
5,3,8 picks for a complimentary top six at a position of glaring need seems like a decent price to pay. Lyszczarczyk is a good piece for the team whether they go for home ice for the playoffs or sell at the deadline.
My guess is Tippett gets traded for much needed picks; and Miss remains competitive ROS.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Me neither. Good luck but overpayed for sure. When I see what he fetched it makes me cringe when I think of the Sokolov one for one with Lipanov last year. He was an import too, only difference he was 50 goal scorer. Spilled milk. Interested to see how the season plays out for the fish. To me though, they’re delusional if they think they can compete with Ottawa or Niagara for starters.

Lyszczarczyk is not an import, despite being from Poland. His family emigrated to New Jersey so he is considered domestic.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Was checking that out, looks like he entered the O as a free agent.

Not sure what the Trout are going to do. They sure are a stronger team then anticipated going into the season. Hopefully this works out better then the last deal, Kyle Hietzner is now playing for Orilla, Jr C.

This team has more depth then the squad last year, should be interesting going forward as other teams make some moves.

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
After seeing a move like this, I would imagine the Trout will now look to add a 99 born d-man who could serve as a OA next yr. JR could improve on Barbossa with another OA D, but hes played well enough to be a part of the 3 OA's. I would not envision Tippett being dealt unless this team goes south quick. The next move will be a 99 D man in my opinion, they have a few young forwards they could deal.. I would target one of these D-man in order. ( Gordeev of Flint, Paquette of Kingston, Blacker of Oshawa ) ...

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
After seeing a move like this, I would imagine the Trout will now look to add a 99 born d-man who could serve as a OA next yr. JR could improve on Barbossa with another OA D, but hes played well enough to be a part of the 3 OA's. I would not envision Tippett being dealt unless this team goes south quick. The next move will be a 99 D man in my opinion, they have a few young forwards they could deal.. I would target one of these D-man in order. ( Gordeev of Flint, Paquette of Kingston, Blacker of Oshawa ) ...

the problem for Mississauga is that they have 1 2nd round pick over the next 5 drafts and just 2 2nds in that same stretch. If they don't cash in on tippett+R.McLeod, they're going to be in a lot of trouble with no picks and no elite players to trade next year to get those picks back. And this current roster isn't close to being a championship contender IMO, and they don't have any picks to add top end players, while Ottawa/Niagara will both add huge

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
I would say with this addition, Mississauga has a deep a top 9, I would agree there Defense in not contender worthy, but you will have a hard time finding a handful of teams with a more complete top 9.. As for picks, next yr is setting up to be a rough one, they will have enough players to fetch picks . Harley will be a first rounder and I imagine Washkernuk will be a high pick. They will also have Reisnecker who is a projected first round pick in next yrs draft, I can only imagine there first 2 picks from this yr will be highly touted as well. I just can't see with the talent level up front this team not trying to go for a deep run. I would say if they add some size and experience to the back end, combined with Ingham having a good yr, you just never know..

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Agree with above. Looks like there isn't a real powerhouse this year and they are deep at forward. Their top two picks this year look good as well.

Still early, they may be biding some time to see how the rest of the East shakes out, plenty more deals coming before all is said and done league wide.

Exciting year so far for the Trout given the expectations.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
If Missy doesn't get picks back for M.McLeod+R.McLeod+Tippett+Hague, it's going to be a long next 5-7 years in Steelheads land. Lyszarczyk is a good player, but I don't get this move at all
It could be that JR feels he only needs a few pieces to make a run at a championship. IMO if he can get a experienced tough defence man before the deadline he will have enough to make a run.
Just sayin’

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I would say with this addition, Mississauga has a deep a top 9, I would agree there Defense in not contender worthy, but you will have a hard time finding a handful of teams with a more complete top 9.. As for picks, next yr is setting up to be a rough one, they will have enough players to fetch picks . Harley will be a first rounder and I imagine Washkernuk will be a high pick. They will also have Reisnecker who is a projected first round pick in next yrs draft, I can only imagine there first 2 picks from this yr will be highly touted as well. I just can't see with the talent level up front this team not trying to go for a deep run. I would say if they add some size and experience to the back end, combined with Ingham having a good yr, you just never know..
Agreed!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
What can be given up though? Not much in the bank for picks. Other teams are also looking as well, should be interesting the next couple of months!

The game within the game......

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What can be given up though? Not much in the bank for picks. Other teams are also looking as well, should be interesting the next couple of months!

The game within the game......

That’s exactly it. Missy has next to nothing in terms of picks to get better whereas Ottawa, Niagara and Oshawa all have a ton of picks and rosters that are better than MISS imo (mostly because I don’t believe in ingham at all). Ottawa is going to be an absolute powerhouse. They have the most picks in the conference, 2 open OA spots and already are in 1st place even before they’ve added anyone. Imagine them once they get 3-5 more elite players, which will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad