Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Congrats to Ranger and hats off to Carter, big roadie after last night.

Yes Duke, it was good to Ranger, ahem, behind the mask.

Reactions: Duke Guy

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Congrats to Ranger and hats off to Carter, big roadie after last night.

Yes Duke, it was good to Ranger, ahem, behind the mask.
Hope Tonto was in the stands. Kimosaby (sp?) played a solid game and made saves at important times. Nice post game interview with Joe- pretty poised for a 16 year old.
Go Steelheads!

Last edited:

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Haven't seen Zuyev last couple of games, hurt?
I was wondering the same thing. I thought he was starting to show some promise and certainly was contributing on the back end before he stopped appearing on the game sheets.
Hope he is ok I think he has some real potential.
Big weekend coming up! Go Steelheads. I notice Heitzner (sp) has been a scratch the past few games. Wonder what is up with him.

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I was wondering the same thing. I thought he was starting to show some promise and certainly was contributing on the back end before he stopped appearing on the game sheets.
Hope he is ok I think he has some real potential.
Big weekend coming up! Go Steelheads. I notice Heitzner (sp) has been a scratch the past few games. Wonder what is up with him.

Yes, Zuyev didn't impress me much at first but he seemed to be picking his game up considerably, must be a injury.

Heitzner, according to the Colts thread has quit hockey. No confirmation of this that I found, and still listed on the roster. See if and when this is confirmed.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The Trout have made HM on the CHL rankings which I don't put much faith in, but nonetheless they are there.

Only 2 OAs on the roster, Meisenheimer no longer listed. Don't think he dressed since 91 and 74 came back. Don't think they have enough draft stock to make a deal for a big name?

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
The Trout have made HM on the CHL rankings which I don't put much faith in, but nonetheless they are there.

Only 2 OAs on the roster, Meisenheimer no longer listed. Don't think he dressed since 91 and 74 came back. Don't think they have enough draft stock to make a deal for a big name?
They don’t need any more big names IMO. They do however need an experienced Dman with some size and a bit of a nasty disposition. They have lots of offensive pop and will get even more once the two euros get completely adjusted to play in the O- they both look like they have good skill sets.
The next two games will be telling I think. Winning both is going to be a challenge but .......
Go Steelheads!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
8 out of 9 since the 2 loss start, and Ingham gets a 33 save shutout. The Trout are looking good, team works hard. Schwindt is pretty crafty and quick with his stick battling for pucks, and 21 Portakalis is very nifty, he is a slick rookie, imagine him in a couple of years. Reisnecker is starting to adapt to the league, he looks more in the flow of the play every game now.

Tippett scored his 100th OHL goal and if you haven't seen it you should. I was not impressed with his return last season save for a few games, but he is committed this year and he put on a show. He has some amazing moves with the puck, whether he shoots or passes.

Great and unexpected start to the season, including me, I expected a better performance in goal, but Ingham has really stepped it up, and the depth of the team has a bonus. The Trout did not have a overwhelming group of rookies last year as they were thin after the first round where they took Harley. Schwindt, Washkurak, and Varga as well, huge growth this season already.

I like JR as a coach as the team does work hard, but the draft choices have been looking great this year already.

Hopefully the top team now in the East, Ottawa, doesn't put a pin in the balloon, close game in Ottawa, a bad line change during 3 on 3 iced that game for the 67's, but they are rolling now themselves.

Love watching this team, playing much smarter and crisper then last season.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
8 out of 9 since the 2 loss start, and Ingham gets a 33 save shutout. The Trout are looking good, team works hard. Schwindt is pretty crafty and quick with his stick battling for pucks, and 21 Portakalis is very nifty, he is a slick rookie, imagine him in a couple of years. Reisnecker is starting to adapt to the league, he looks more in the flow of the play every game now.

Tippett scored his 100th OHL goal and if you haven't seen it you should. I was not impressed with his return last season save for a few games, but he is committed this year and he put on a show. He has some amazing moves with the puck, whether he shoots or passes.

Great and unexpected start to the season, including me, I expected a better performance in goal, but Ingham has really stepped it up, and the depth of the team has a bonus. The Trout did not have a overwhelming group of rookies last year as they were thin after the first round where they took Harley. Schwindt, Washkurak, and Varga as well, huge growth this season already.

I like JR as a coach as the team does work hard, but the draft choices have been looking great this year already.

Hopefully the top team now in the East, Ottawa, doesn't put a pin in the balloon, close game in Ottawa, a bad line change during 3 on 3 iced that game for the 67's, but they are rolling now themselves.

Love watching this team, playing much smarter and crisper then last season.
Tippett has a lot to learn about playing 200 foot hockey, That's why hes down here. Its really not about goal scoring

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Tippett has a lot to learn about playing 200 foot hockey, That's why hes down here. Its really not about goal scoring
That is 100% accurate. Tippett is a pure goal scorer with an NHL release but he will find out soon enough that at the next level he better be able to provide more within a 200 foot game as goals aren't as easy to come by. If you aren't scoring you better be defending.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
I would think his skill alone warrants an invite but I doubt he makes the team due to attitude and the above mentioned issues.
Don't get me wrong, Tippett is a player but a typical young drafted goal scoring prospect; when they get sent back their idea of making it means "score more goals" when it should be "become a better player".

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
I would think his skill alone warrants an invite but I doubt he makes the team due to attitude and the above mentioned issues.
Don't get me wrong, Tippett is a player but a typical young drafted goal scoring prospect; when they get sent back their idea of making it means "score more goals" when it should be "become a better player".
Yes and same issues with Adam Mescarian (not sure of the spelling).

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Thanks for the lecture esteemed one. You must be the loneliest guy in a cafeteria.
I always thought I was the loneliest guy in the cafeteria. I am increasingly of the mind that the fish need a sandpaper left winger(maybe Little)
for the top line as well as a gritty right Dman with some size. Ottawa probably is going to be the team in the east that they will have to beat IMO.
The Ottawa first line looked slick and skilled but they appeared soft to me. The fish have to work out a way to shut them down.
The season is already one sixth of the way in.
I feel optimistic about the Missy team this year. Fear the Fish!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Agree with the sandpaper, and Ottawa is looking like the team to chase right now as well, though I expect more from Niagra and Oshawa.

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Agree with the sandpaper, and Ottawa is looking like the team to chase right now as well, though I expect more from Niagra and Oshawa.
I guess we will know about The Ice Dogs soon!I think we have a home and home with them in the next few weeks.
Go Fish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad