Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I will take a stab and predict Ranger will end up with 8 starts this year and makes his debut against Sarnia this weekend.

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
I would think they will go the other way, time will tell, beating Niagara with 2 of your top players out shows they can compete with the best in the East.. There is no doubt in my mind they odd a 3rd OA

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I would think they will go the other way, time will tell, beating Niagara with 2 of your top players out shows they can compete with the best in the East.. There is no doubt in my mind they odd a 3rd OA
Three of our top players out but we got a point I look at over times games more or less a tie

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
Three Dog Night, I am curious who these 3 top players out were? other then Roberts who was missing out of your top players? The Trout were missing a 10th overall pick in the NHL.... Also anytime you receive less points then the team you played, that's a loss.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Three Dog Night, I am curious who these 3 top players out were? other then Roberts who was missing out of your top players? The Trout were missing a 10th overall pick in the NHL.... Also anytime you receive less points then the team you played, that's a loss.

Niagara was missing 2 D-men who both weren’t drafted through 2 NHL drafts. Certainly not “top players”. Their top players are Thomas, Maksimov, Jones and Lodnia and they all played...

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Ham and Hunter are key players especially on the power play in the old day before overtime the game would have been a tie

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I will take a stab and predict Ranger will end up with 8 starts this year and makes his debut against Sarnia this weekend.
It certainly makes sense for Ranger to start the Sunday afternoon game. It is the three for three weekend for the Steelheads and they will be missing Tippet for two of them. JR has done a good job of spreading out the ice time. The rookies are benefiting from having the extra ice time that Tippett and Little would have taken and the fish have been winning. A two wins out of the three weekend games would be fabulous.
Go Steelheads!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I would start Ranger in Sarnia as well, out of conference game, unless something happens. I could see a case for him starting in Hamilton as Sunday would be the third in three nights with the back 2 on the road. Hopefully they don't loose their legs.

You really got to like how the Trout work, it has been fun to watch so far.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I would start Ranger in Sarnia as well, out of conference game, unless something happens. I could see a case for him starting in Hamilton as Sunday would be the third in three nights with the back 2 on the road. Hopefully they don't loose their legs.

You really got to like how the Trout work, it has been fun to watch so far.
I hope young Ranger is able to win a few games. I met his grand parents during training camp , very nice people and his grandpa played in the NHL for I think was ten years over the 60s and 70s for a variety of teams. Played as a winger with Marcel Dion for a couple of years in LA.
The kid is likely to have an athletic ability or two.
Hope the weekend goes well for the Trout.
Go Steelheads

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I hope young Ranger is able to win a few games. I met his grand parents during training camp , very nice people and his grandpa played in the NHL for I think was ten years over the 60s and 70s for a variety of teams. Played as a winger with Marcel Dion for a couple of years in LA.
The kid is likely to have an athletic ability or two.
Hope the weekend goes well for the Trout.
Go Steelheads

Wow, didn't know that. I saw Ranger play a bit in preseason, liked over all what I saw, but I am no scout and it takes time with a young goalie.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Niagara was missing 2 D-men who both weren’t drafted through 2 NHL drafts. Certainly not “top players”. Their top players are Thomas, Maksimov, Jones and Lodnia and they all played...

Those three defenceman were instrumental in the success of the IDs last season and their outstanding play in the playoffs was one of the main reason they eliminated Oshawa in 5 games and pushed Hamilton hard. And they are now a year older and losing all three at once is significant.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
No one you probably trade some players for picks.
I don’t agree that they should be sellers. There seems to be evidence that they have enought talent to make a nice playoff run.
I think JR is looking for a experienced Dman that can play his system and isn’t afraid to block shots. He doesn’t have to hurry though.
After Christmas if they are not achieving at a high level and other teams are shopping the Trouts should be sellers.
Go Steelheads

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
5 in a row, Trout's Little gets the winner with a minute and a half left in regulation. Have to like what 9 Washer brings, he was really showing some good signs all 200 ft late last year and has just been picking up from there this year. He makes plays in all three zones. I like this sophomore line of 11 Schindt, 12 Canade, and Washer.

Harley has been much better defensively as well, and Ingham has been much more consistent, his positioning and recovery has vastly improved, he always had the reflexes. Glad to see a strong start after a disappointing season in his NHL draft year.

Lots to like so far this year, for a team many expected to be near the bottom this start has been great. The kids work hard, love watching the puck battles along the boards, what you see there tells a lot.

Reactions: Scooter44

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
5 in a row, Trout's Little gets the winner with a minute and a half left in regulation. Have to like what 9 Washer brings, he was really showing some good signs all 200 ft late last year and has just been picking up from there this year. He makes plays in all three zones. I like this sophomore line of 11 Schindt, 12 Canade, and Washer.

Harley has been much better defensively as well, and Ingham has been much more consistent, his positioning and recovery has vastly improved, he always had the reflexes. Glad to see a strong start after a disappointing season in his NHL draft year.

Lots to like so far this year, for a team many expected to be near the bottom this start has been great. The kids work hard, love watching the puck battles along the boards, what you see there tells a lot.

When in doubt, go young and fast.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
You are missing some good hockey here Seb as I gather you used to hang out around here. Then again OS has been a great team to watch as well, looking forward to going there this year.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
He didn't have a stellar game defensively today to say the least, but there wasn't much for the restof the team's highlight reel either.

Streaks have to end, and I expected a better Hamilton team today, so a win was much to ask. They seemed flat for the most part though.

See what tomorrow brings in Sarnia with Tippett back. I expect to see Ranger make his debut.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
He didn't have a stellar game defensively today to say the least, but there wasn't much for the restof the team's highlight reel either.

Streaks have to end, and I expected a better Hamilton team today, so a win was much to ask. They seemed flat for the most part though.

See what tomorrow brings in Sarnia with Tippett back. I expect to see Ranger make his debut.
It seems to make sense. I am sure young Ranger is starting to get a bit antsy to get his first game behind him. Hope JR is looking for an experienced steady D man.
Today’s results seemed predictable hope they bounce back and play a better game on Sunday afternoon.
Go Steelheads!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Zuyev was missed, while not a standout he had been playing much better as he plays here. Wouldn't think he would be a healthy scratch and Jake Cella was in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad