Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Lazer has looked pretty good, tough one for Flint. Good Luck from here on. Hope to make the trip down next year!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Looks like Lyszczarczyk is working out well for you guys.
You're welcome.

I suppose a little gift for the 2011 Robertson Cup....

Too bad we couldn't have kept him in Owen Sound.
Nice to see him succeed in Missy.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Know that, but who knows how things shake down as the season goes. Has me concerned though.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
McLeod serving first of 2 today. Guelph looks like a pretty solid club.
It was great to see the fish dominate one of the better teams in the OHL. They out hit and out worked the Storm without their top centre. The depth players took advantage of the extra ice time they got. Lazer was a great pick up. It didn’t take long for him to figure out that if he works hard he will get ice time. I love what I am seeing from the Steelheads!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, the Trout were all over loose pucks and creating turnovers. Lazer himself had a bunch of close chances during the second period.

The Trout work hard and are good at getting chances from turnovers, especially on the forecheck. They made Guelph seem very sloppy. Another great game from Ingham, what a difference from last year.

It has been fun watching them this season, great effort throughout the line up. The team has been greater then the sum of their parts so far!

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Yes, the Trout were all over loose pucks and creating turnovers. Lazer himself had a bunch of close chances during the second period.

The Trout work hard and are good at getting chances from turnovers, especially on the forecheck. They made Guelph seem very sloppy. Another great game from Ingham, what a difference from last year.

It has been fun watching them this season, great effort throughout the line up. The team has been greater then the sum of their parts so far!
That is a great way of describing the fish. They have all bought into JR’s message of playing a hard 200 foot game.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
How about Barbosa, nice OA pick up Dman, second goal tonight. Once again Lazer has been a good match with Tippy. Has been a good effort on the road so far.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
#9 Washkurak has been injured from the look of things, missed a good chunk Wed, did not dress last night. Good news is McLeod will be back Sun.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
#9 Washkurak has been injured from the look of things, missed a good chunk Wed, did not dress last night. Good news is McLeod will be back Sun.
Hope #9 isn’t out of the line up too long. It will be nice to have Ryan back from his two game suspension. The Sunday game against the boys from the big nickle should be a good one. Man they again out worked their opponents last night.
Even though he didn’t have any points the captain was absolutely intimidating in using his speed.
Go Steelheads!!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Should be a doozie today, division is getting tight between the Wolves and Ice Doggies and the Trout bunched up. Looking forward to seeing how the Trout stack up against the Wolves, as they have a few games against each other coming up.

Looks like a dull grey drive down from the north, hope the Wolves take a bit to get rid of their bus legs.

Have been enjoying the effort this team puts out so far this year.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Should be a doozie today, division is getting tight between the Wolves and Ice Doggies and the Trout bunched up. Looking forward to seeing how the Trout stack up against the Wolves, as they have a few games against each other coming up.

Looks like a dull grey drive down from the north, hope the Wolves take a bit to get rid of their bus legs.

See ya Saturday.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016

Another game where the Fish outworked and outplayed a good team yesterday. They have become a very difficult and frustrating team to play against. Their depth guys are working their tails off and the rookies have started to show a little more confidence in their play. JR and his staff has done an excellent job of putting this team together even though I believe they still need another solid dependable Defenceman but....
Looking forward to the London game on Thursday. That barn in London holds 9,000 fans and can be pretty intimidating for teams coming in.
Any word on Ryan McCleod?
Go Steelheads!

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
This team game in game out are slowly becoming the real deal.. They have some talent not as much as other top teams, but JR has them playing a style that is very difficult to play against and had playoff style written all over it. There goalie is coming into his own as well. I do believe they will add a 99 D-man, time will tell.. So far proving all the haters wrong.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
This team game in game out are slowly becoming the real deal.. They have some talent not as much as other top teams, but JR has them playing a style that is very difficult to play against and had playoff style written all over it. There goalie is coming into his own as well. I do believe they will add a 99 D-man, time will tell.. So far proving all the haters wrong.
I agree with your assessment related to getting an experienced defender with some size. At times the fish have difficulty in tying up players in front of the net.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I am impressed by the steelheads. I (was sure) Tippett, at least, would be moved to recoup picks; and, the team destined for 8-9th place.
Miss probably does not have the required assets, and Barrie might not deal with Miss anyways; but, Keane would be an ideal fit.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I am impressed by the steelheads. I (was sure) Tippett, at least, would be moved to recoup picks; and, the team destined for 8-9th place.
Miss probably does not have the required assets, and Barrie might not deal with Miss anyways; but, Keane would be an ideal fit.
I agree that Keane would be an excellent fit- saw him a lot over the past two seasons. He is nasty experienced and works hard. With seven rookies on the roster this season going deep into the playoffs would provide the fish with a pretty good core group along with the returning players like Little, Hardy Canade, Wash, Schwint(sp). ..... I selfishly would love to see this team stay together and see how far they can go.
Go Steelheads

Last edited:

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
I do believe Keane would be the ideal fit, but unless Barrie struggles more and you wan tto offer up one of your 2002 I don't see it happening. I thought the Trout could have been in on Paquette but I guess not. I would think you could get Gordeev from Flit pretty cheap, he is also a OA candidate for next yr.. I would think the Trout would call Hamilton about Landry or maybe Grima of Sarnia..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad