Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Big game tonight, looks like it will be on sportsnet. Hopefully Washer and McLeod are back. Three in three, NB tomorrow here and a Sat trip up to Sudbury, big weekend for the Trout.

Like it that the Trout are getting some notice but I just don't see them ahead of Ottawa now as is and they will be spending some of those stocked up 2nd round picks. Shaping up to be a interesting trade deadline this year. Too bad the Trout are thin on picks.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Wild fist period tough break on London third goal.
There certainly was some questionable officiating last night. That seems to happen too often in London. Any word on Carter? His absence after going to the room certainly knocked a major piece out of the fish’s power play. Hope he isn’t out for a while. IMO he is the heart of the trout and will be missed
Go Trout

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
London looks pretty good, talk about skill and speed.

Hopefully Carter is back soon, guess we find out tonight if he is in the lineup.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Lol, usually is quiet here, good game, thought the Trout played a good road game once they got their legs.

You got a good one in net, Ukko looks solid, and Blyfield looks pretty smooth for his age.

Poorly called game, some goofy calls by the refs and I sure there were a few phantom offsides, seems to be more of those this season.

Seems Carter is day to day so he could be back for Barrie.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Lol, usually is quiet here, good game, thought the Trout played a good road game once they got their legs.

You got a good one in net, Ukko looks solid, and Blyfield looks pretty smooth for his age.

Poorly called game, some goofy calls by the refs and I sure there were a few phantom offsides, seems to be more of those this season.

Seems Carter is day to day so he could be back for Barrie.
I think the results of the last three games have made an excellent argument for finding an available shut down defender who can absorb some of the minutes on the back end. There are still a few out there. Tippett is on fire eh?

Reactions: Tarantula

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Not a great weekend for the Trout but this is more of the up and down team I expected at the start of the season. Looking forward to a bounce back performance next weekend

They definitely have missed Carter, I hope he's back soon for the team's sake

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Mississauga has skill, but this is the softest team I have seen in a long time. The Soo is like this too and I believe Hamilton beat them as they out muscled them. This is happening to Missy as well. Some good skill, but absolutely no jam or guts at all.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Got one today, Liam Ham from the Ice Dogs, for a 2020 2nd, (Lon), 2022 2nd, 3rd 2023.
Hope he is worth the price. It is just what they need IMO. His PIMs suggests that he has some nastiness in his game. His plus minus isn’t great but JR will fix that methinks. He is a ‘99 and is a potential OA candidate for next year.
Is Carter still day to day?

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hope he is worth the price. It is just what they need IMO. His PMs suggests that he has some nastiness in his game. His plus minus isn’t great but JR will fix that methinks. He is a ‘99 and is a potential OA candidate for next year.

Was thinking much the same, possible OA next year as well. Need some nastiness, McLeod still has the jaw guard on, both Sudbury and NB were playing physical against the Trout the past weekend.

Saw twitter saying Carter day to day last weekend, so he may be back this weekend. Hopefully as there are two roadies with a home game in between. At least it isn't 3 games in 2 and a half days like last weekend, a day off before another trip to Sudbury.

Didn't see Christner after his fight Sun.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Hope he is worth the price. It is just what they need IMO. His PMs suggests that he has some nastiness in his game. His plus minus isn’t great but JR will fix that methinks. He is a ‘99 and is a potential OA candidate for next year.
Ham has a good shot from the point. Can be lazy at times. Good OHL defencemen. I’d be surprised if he’s not back for his OA season, I don’t see him playing at a higher level next year. From the Dogs press release, Ham asked for a trade to be closer to home as the family is dealing with some issues. I hope everything works out for him and the family. I’m surprised at the return the Dogs got for him. I would expect the Dogs to flip those picks to bring in s top end OA at the deadline.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I think last weekend had to do with the price a little, and the timing. Trout roughed up a bit. Noticed he isn't drafted by the NHL so he could be in play as a OA next year.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Hope he is worth the price. It is just what they need IMO. His PIMs suggests that he has some nastiness in his game. His plus minus isn’t great but JR will fix that methinks. He is a ‘99 and is a potential OA candidate for next year.

Ham is small, and not very rugged. Has had one altercation in the OHL. Mississauga needs a Cole Fraser, Jonny Parker Jones. Niagara had Carbonara last year.... Missy got beat up and pushed around against the Wolves.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
There was a edge in physical play Fri and Sat I thought and not to the benefit of the Trout either night IMO.

Lots to shake out around the league before the merry go round is finally over as the trade deadline ends.

Reactions: Scooter44

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
M McLeod is being called up to the big show, hope he does well in Jersy. Hague has been about half a point a game so far in Chicago (AHL).

Big weekend ahead, once again a home game in between two travels and the last game of the three is in the Big Nickle, as was last weekend. At least they get a full day off, last weekend was three in three with the last one a late afternooner.

Carter had been listed day to day, I believe I saw on the Trout twitter account, hopefully he is back.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Looks like another rough weekend for the Trout. Lately hardly anyone not named Tippett or McLeod has been scoring. Ingham has been playing well.

Hopefully a day off before a bus trip to Sudbury helps. Expecting the same from the Wolves this weekend as last, physical hockey, take ice away. The Trout have been having some problems with bigger physical teams. Time for some of the guys to bump up their game, things are a little more intense now then Sept and will continue to do so.

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Looks like another rough weekend for the Trout. Lately hardly anyone not named Tippett or McLeod has been scoring. Ingham has been playing well.

Hopefully a day off before a bus trip to Sudbury helps. Expecting the same from the Wolves this weekend as last, physical hockey, take ice away. The Trout have been having some problems with bigger physical teams. Time for some of the guys to bump up their game, things are a little more intense now then Sept and will continue to do so.
This afternoon’s game was poorest I have seen them play. Maybe guys are hurt that we are not aware off, if not the fish have to get together and remind themselves why they are living away from home and have almost zero spare time.
The skill and ability is there but they have slipped away from the fast and relentless for-checking and the hard backcheck they demonstrated in October and half of November.
Hope they can get it together sooner rather than later.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
The Pilon twins absolutely ran Mississauga out of the building. When a team plays afraid, they lose 7 nothing. When a team plays fearless, they win 7 nothing, hurt their opponents and completely embarrass them. The Wolves did that last night.

I feel extremely terrible for Ingham. 4 nothing after two periods and he gets left out their hanging in the wind.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Last two weekends have been rough, no doubt. They need to regroup, did not look organized at all against Hamilton and a poor effort overall against the Wolves. Team is better then they have been showing as of late but a correction likely was due from the start they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad