Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The Pilon twins absolutely ran Mississauga out of the building. When a team plays afraid, they lose 7 nothing. When a team plays fearless, they win 7 nothing, hurt their opponents and completely embarrass them. The Wolves did that last night.

I feel extremely terrible for Ingham. 4 nothing after two periods and he gets left out their hanging in the wind.

Ingham was making some super saves at times during this losing streak and deserves better. Thats junior hockey, hopefully they tighten it up in front of him.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Last two weekends have been rough, no doubt. They need to regroup, did not look organized at all against Hamilton and a poor effort overall against the Wolves. Team is better then they have been showing as of late but a correction likely was due from the start they had.

If the Steelheads were thinking of making a run I hope this weekend cured them of that thought. Not deep enough or gritty enough. What you get for Tippett (because McLeod wont be going anywhere) could help next year.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Would have to agree about being realistic and selling off in my opinion. They don't have the horses to run the race this year, and there isn't much else left as far as draft picks to make any real moves.

SAM STEVENS

Oct 21, 2018
Why have they not tried to move Mcload or Tippet? With there record as of late you would think they try to start a rebuild am I missing something?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Would have to agree about being realistic and selling off in my opinion. They don't have the horses to run the race this year, and there isn't much else left as far as draft picks to make any real moves.

If Tippett makes Team Canada, I’m worried that you’ll fall pretty far, so I would sell Tippett

Reactions: three dog night

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Who knows what the plan is going to be. I would like to see some assets traded for picks, otherwise it could be a few dark winters here. I don't see a playoff run, maybe three home dates tops, so sticking with it this year seems like a no win situation. If they sell off, they could have a surplus of picks to build from with drafting and have pieces to move later when they can contend to do what Ottawa is doing this year as an example. I would be ok with a couple of down years knowing something was gearing up for later, but not so ok with them being mediocre for years and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Who knows what the plan is going to be. I would like to see some assets traded for picks, otherwise it could be a few dark winters here. I don't see a playoff run, maybe three home dates tops, so sticking with it this year seems like a no win situation. If they sell off, they could have a surplus of picks to build from with drafting and have pieces to move later when they can contend to do what Ottawa is doing this year as an example. I would be ok with a couple of down years knowing something was gearing up for later, but not so ok with them being mediocre for years and no light at the end of the tunnel.
I think that’s pretty much the sentiment of most if not all of us fans. Have to be building towards something rather than spinning your wheels.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Why did they not move Hague and McLeod last year? Why did they spend on Lys and give Michnac away for next to nothing?

There are a lot of questions
They played a six week period when they were lights out good and playing with confidence. The loss to London really seemed to deflate them.
Their top players seemed to be trying to do everything themselves. They need to get together as a team and figure out how they can get back to where they were just six games ago.
I think both Carter and McLeod are banged up a and the few days they get off at Christmas should help them.
Not sure what the plan is for the team but they have a while to make a decision. They have a few valuable assets and should get some good returns.
Go Trout

Reactions: Tarantula

Draftguy

Nov 16, 2015
All was good when the team were playing over their head... Now the team loses 6 straight and we are sinking like a led balloon and its sell sell sell

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, they were playing over their heads but theyvare likely somewhere in between that and this losing streak. I agree with Scooter, 18 and 91 could have some nagging issues.

I don't see an appearance in the second round of the playoffs being likely, at best perhaps 3 home gates. I think they need to sell Tippett or more if possible to get a slew of draft picks. Extra 2nds and 3rds can get some difference makers when the team is truly strong again. I would rather see a couple of down years building to something as opposed to being somewhere in the middle every year. My opinion.

Not sure what the plans are, I have no connections or inside info, so I guess we wait and see what they do.

Having said that I expect them to snap the streak this weekend, due for some puck luck.

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Yes, they were playing over their heads but theyvare likely somewhere in between that and this losing streak. I agree with Scooter, 18 and 91 could have some nagging issues.

I don't see an appearance in the second round of the playoffs being likely, at best perhaps 3 home gates. I think they need to sell Tippett or more if possible to get a slew of draft picks. Extra 2nds and 3rds can get some difference makers when the team is truly strong again. I would rather see a couple of down years building to something as opposed to being somewhere in the middle every year. My opinion.

Not sure what the plans are, I have no connections or inside info, so I guess we wait and see what they do.

Having said that I expect them to snap the streak this weekend, due for some puck luck.
The Steelheads looked like the Steelheads of October last night. It was great to see Canade contributing. Played his best game of the year IMO. McLeod and Carter are developing some chemistry. I am not sure why Tippett left the bench in the third period- hope he isn’t hurt.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The Steelheads looked like the Steelheads of October last night. It was great to see Canade contributing. Played his best game of the year IMO. McLeod and Carter are developing some chemistry. I am not sure why Tippett left the bench in the third period- hope he isn’t hurt.

He got tossed for “verbally attacking the ref” after the 2nd period ended. The steelheads were a lot better after he was gone for whatever reason

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Looked rough after the Gens got the two goal lead early, and a huge difference in shots at that point for Oshawa. The Trout kept at it and turned it around, liked their effort all night. Nice goal for McLeod, quick snapper, used everyone for a screen and shot at the right second.

Glad they snapped the losing skid, looks like we are going to find out on Sun if Michnac has learned to pass the puck! Having said that, watch him light the net up for a hattie, wouldn't surprise me.

This team has been worth the watch, pretty much every night they face a team with more NHL drafted talent then them, they put the effort in most nights. How about 11 Schwindt, at one point he was killing a penalty by himself in the offensive zone against 4 Generals. Thought he had a great game as well.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
He got tossed for “verbally attacking the ref” after the 2nd period ended. The steelheads were a lot better after he was gone for whatever reason

Was announced just before the puck drop at the third. Didn't see it myself, just announced as a game misconduct.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Was announced just before the puck drop at the third. Didn't see it myself, just announced as a game misconduct.
It happened after the 2nd but he didn’t know so he took the ice for the 3rd and they had to tell him no you’ve been tossed lol. Never seen that before

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
It happened after the 2nd but he didn’t know so he took the ice for the 3rd and they had to tell him no you’ve been tossed lol. Never seen that before
I wasn’t at the game and missed seeing what happened at the end of the second on Friday. What I did see was a lot of high sticks and questionable hits in the second period mostly going the Steelheads way. Anger might have helped then in the third.
Laser missed at least three golden opportunities to score. Think he will be the teddy bear boy today.
Go Steelheads!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Heard on the post game that Tippy was suspended, nothing on the league site however. Internal discipline?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Heard on the post game that Tippy was suspended, nothing on the league site however. Internal discipline?
1 game suspension by the OHL for flipping a foam puck into the crowd that a kid had supposedly tossed onto the ice by accident. Absolutely stupid of the OHL to suspend him.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I heard he flipped a puck over the glass to a kid at the end of the second period- got just one game.
The Fish need more toughness IMO. The two most physical players yesterday were also the two smallest guys.
I think Ryan McLeod is playing well enough- should have gotten an invitation to the World Junior camp but....... would have gotten one if say if he played in London.
Wonder what JR’s plan is.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
1 game suspension by the OHL for flipping a foam puck into the crowd that a kid had supposedly tossed onto the ice by accident. Absolutely stupid of the OHL to suspend him.

IF that is what happened then that is a joke. Probably was a puck the kid bought for the puck toss which happens during the second intermission.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Wonder what JR’s plan is. Scooter44, 9 minutes ago

That is the question, I am hoping they sell off, don't know if the McLeod camp would take a deal, might now with just Ryan in tow. Tippett could fill the draft grid back up, then some. I don't see how they could add enough to make it a worth while proposition this year. Best to reload in my mind or they could be a bottom half team for while. Last year they sort of soft sold and kinda bought a bit at the deadline. Did not like seeing Rippon dealt, but I wonder if there was not something going on there. At least they got a solid OA in Carter last year. Next year seems thin as is for OA as well.

Surprised McLeod didn't get TC consideration, I think he would be a better fir for TC then Tippett.

You are correct Scooter, while the game is not as physical as it used to be, a couple of tougher guys would help keep things a bit more honest out there.

Reactions: Scooter44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad