Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
I strongly believe Mississauga is the 3rd best team in the East currently. If your a top 3 team in the conference, its got to be hard to Sell.. Again we are not even 20 games deep. This discussion could be completely different by game 35...

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I strongly believe Mississauga is the 3rd best team in the East currently. If your a top 3 team in the conference, its got to be hard to Sell.. Again we are not even 20 games deep. This discussion could be completely different by game 35...

But they can't add anyone of substance. Or are you trading James Hardie? Does this MISS team resemble anything like the teams who have won the OHL the last 5-10 years?

In 2016-2017 the Gens were in a similar spot (except they were in 1st) but knew they had no picks and couldn't keep up so they sold Vande Sompel and Cirelli, their 2 best players. And now they're ready to win again 2 years later. If they didn't sell that year, it'd would've been 4-6 bad years because of no picks

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA

Agree, I think they are 3 or 4th right now going forward in the East, but much can and likely will change. I expect Ottawa, Niagara and Oshawa to make moves as well.

Reactions: Scooter44

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Well, a split with the Dogs seems about fair. Ingham deserved the first star, has he improved this season, looks much more composed and steady this season.

Slow start but things began to shift in the second. I like the effort this team brings, they have a lot of fightback in them, they have been fun to watch this season.

Harley seems to be having some of the same yips that Ingham had last year. He has a lot of upside, but he gives the puck away too much. I expect that aspect of his game to settle down, lots for him to learn about when to pinch, or commit to a big play, and he is battling the puck right now. Tough spot, his draft season, a lot rides on his play now for his future.

Like the new addition, Lazer, or as I prefer Alphabet. He seems like he fits nicely with the first line, with Carter and McLeod. Only two games, see how it sustains.

Some good hockey being played, this years squad seems more balanced and cohesive then last season, and once again Ingham deserves mention, he has really stepped up after what had to be a disappointing draft year last season.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Like last night Dhillon kept the IceDogs in it till they woke up tonight it was Ingham without him it might have been a long night good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Like last night Dhillon kept the IceDogs in it till they woke up tonight it was Ingham without him it might have been a long night good luck the rest of the way.

Lol, I thought both games of the home and home were fairly similar, visiting teams carried the action early, then things settled in, simply put. Guess 2 games left in Niagara during the regular sched. Both teams could look different then, as could Ottawa. It has been a exciting four games between the Doggies and the Trout so far this season.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Lol, I thought both games of the home and home were fairly similar, visiting teams carried the action early, then things settled in, simply put. Guess 2 games left in Niagara during the regular sched. Both teams could look different then, as could Ottawa. It has been a exciting four games between the Doggies and the Trout so far this season.
Nice effort tonight. IMO the fish play with energy and most of the time demonstrate relentless puck pursuit and and they win most of the puck battles. I hope they can carry the energy and desire into the rest of the season. They sure are fun to watch, they just don’t give up.
Go Steelheads

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They do work hard, the forechecking and puck battles usually work out for them and it isn't because of tatics as much as being on it so to speak. Fun hockey to watch.

Kingston in town Sunday, betcha Ranger gets his third start.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
You lost your bet. LOL. I mean you don't want to overwork Ranger. Ingham on pace to start 60 games.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
You lost your bet. LOL. I mean you don't want to overwork Ranger. Ingham on pace to start 60 games.

Surprised to see Ingham playing, I would have thought it was a good spot for Ranger. I would imagine that the workload will skew a bit more to Ranger as the season goes along.

Good weekend for the Trout, hope they can keep the momentum and focus during the trip to Michigan.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
They do work hard, the forechecking and puck battles usually work out for them and it isn't because of tatics as much as being on it so to speak. Fun hockey to watch.

Kingston in town Sunday, betcha Ranger gets his third start.
Agreed big spider, when they are relentless and hard on the puck they are very difficult to handle.
The core leadership really sets the tone and JR isn’t shy about moving guys around the lineup depending on effort. And boy are they fun to watch. Go Fish!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Former Steelhead Sean Day now playing in the ECHL. Is there any chance he could return to the OHL for a 6th season?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Early 98, would imagine he is not eligible, besides, why would the NY Rangers send him back for another year of Junior?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
How about Vella starting against his former team? Interesting story no matter who starts, but I think Ranger would get this one.

The Trout need to bounce back, Flint won't be as easy as their record suggests by any means. The Michigan trip was tough last season as well.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
How about Vella starting against his former team? Interesting story no matter who starts, but I think Ranger would get this one.

The Trout need to bounce back, Flint won't be as easy as their record suggests by any means. The Michigan trip was tough last season as well.
Please please start Ranger. Flint needs all the help they can get and Ingham has been really solid. Flint will probably be playing 10 F and 5 D again, for the second night in a row. It would be nice for Vella to get more support from the team than he's gotten so far this year and have a breakout game. With the Steelhead's stars being kept off the board last night and Flint playing so shorthanded in back to back nights, it'll be a tough one for the Firebirds against one of the best in the east.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Man, I really love Flint winning two in a row and will be cheering for the team the rest of the way, but I really want to see the Steelheads bounce back tonight. Ingham has been much improved but Ranger has looked very good for a 16 yr old, only 2 starts.

Should be a good game, watching on live stream, perhaps next year I will make the trip to Michigan myself!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
45 seconds! 45 seconds and we both could have picked up points. It's not like we're in the same conference. Learn to share. That's one hell of a top line you guys got but I think you might be missing McLeod for a couple. Other than that, pretty clean game. Tippett and Dellandrea chatted a lot but I think it might have been as HC teammates more than rivals. I'm sure Ty would love to have him on his wing.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ouch, that is a tough one to lose, so close. Glad to get out of Flint with a couple of points, far different story from a week ago!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Ouch, that is a tough one to lose, so close. Glad to get out of Flint with a couple of points, far different story from a week ago!
You could see Flint wearing down in the 3rd with the short bench. The final 10-15 minutes were like a Missy PP and every time Lazer and Tippett stepped on the ice I cringed. Once Flint took the late penalty I knew it was only matter of time. I was just hoping it would be during a 4 on 3 OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad