Miscellaneous NHL Talk V9.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

I3oySetsFire

Jun 28, 2011
flyers.JPG

Finally i guess? I mean...it only can get better from here =)

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I was observing that discussion about the Flames here and wasn't sure what I thought about now. Having marinated on it I think it's just kind of annoying because there are a number of universes in which the 2018-19 Flyers have that kind of season. Would you have taken their roster over the Flyers at the start of this year?

Johnny Hockey is freaking awesome and I don't want to discount the fact that he's a great player having a great season. Monahan's breakout season is kinda like Couturier's last year.

Didn't Tkachuk and Konecny look equally likely to be ppg producers this year?

I'm still a believer in Dougie Hamilton and I don't buy that he was addition by subtraction; and James Neal has been a disaster and yet the Flames are still having an amazing year.

I'm just bitter.

Reactions: Curufinwe

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I was observing that discussion about the Flames here and wasn't sure what I thought about now. Having marinated on it I think it's just kind of annoying because there are a number of universes in which the 2018-19 Flyers have that kind of season. Would you have taken their roster over the Flyers at the start of this year?

Johnny Hockey is freaking awesome and I don't want to discount the fact that he's a great player having a great season. Monahan's breakout season is kinda like Couturier's last year.

I'm still a believer in Dougie Hamilton and I don't buy that he was addition by subtraction; and James Neal has been a disaster and yet the Flames are still having an amazing year.

I'm just bitter.

Up front we should be way better but everyone discounts how young our defense is and that our veteran dmen absolutely suck (aka Macdonald) and our goaltending has been absolutely atrocious (maybe worst ever ....we've had some horrible duo's) and some of our forwards are lazy and don't back check which doesn't help your young vulnerable defense and shitty goaltending!!

Plus we had a horrible coaching staff and a GM that couldn't recognize that or realize he was way too dependent on young defensemen, injury prone goalies and had no back up plan for center ice position if Couts was off and Patrick didn't progress. I don't hate Hexy but every decision he made this past off season was absolutely horrible.

With the right Coach (Q) few tweaks .. some added experience for Hart and the young defense plus Hughes and watch out!!!!!!!!!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I'm just bitter.

The effect of coaching cannot be overstated. It goes beyond just the system they put in place.

We are truly f***ed if Fletch doesnt nail the coaching staff.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Q is so great, how come Chicago was as bad last year as the Flyers this year (76 points)?
It's not like they didn't have similar talent to the Flyers (Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Schmaltz, Saad, Keith).
Oh, Crawford got hurt and they went through 5 goalies?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Bob basically got secret suspended by CBJ. They arent saying its a suspension but that he did something that they didnt like so hes not playing tonight.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flames are great despite Smith being at .886 in 23 games. :dunno:

That's because sometimes you get lucky,
Smith 12-9-1
Rittich 16-4-3, .921 S%
Came over from the Czech league in 2016-17, last year .904 S%, this year breakout season at age 26.
And of course, they're being carried by their star forwards. :sarcasm:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Bob basically got secret suspended by CBJ. They arent saying its a suspension but that he did something that they didnt like so hes not playing tonight.

He got pulled twice in the last 3 games. 3 goals half way through the game in Carolina. 4 goals in the 3rd against Tampa. I'm sure he's not happy that he's being pulled so often instead of finishing games. Also, the Jackets never came back in either game.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Avalanche get in on the bidding for Bobrovsky.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Look at this great offer from a Jets fan:

In the off season id prob consider Trouba for Sanheim plus 1st and an add like Myers
Lol. Jets have always valued Trouba extremely high. He’s not Seth Jones. He won’t get a return like that.

I would think they want a little mix of futures plus some right now assets. It’s been said many times he doesn’t want to sign there. He has one year of control. It’s not going to be an absolutely massive deal.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Looking at past deals like Hamilton, a late 1st, a 2nd and a 2nd tier prospect (2nd rd value) should do the trick, especially with only one year left on his contract, and probably a condition on the 2nd rd pick if he resigns.
The first we get from Simmonds, a 2nd and Hagg for example.
Or Ghost and a 2nd.

But I wouldn't do the deal without negotiating an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad