Miscellaneous NHL Talk V9.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
While I'd love Tarasenko I think Quick/Muzzin is the most likely move to happen this week. I don't hate it.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
While I'd love Tarasenko I think Quick/Muzzin is the most likely move to happen this week. I don't hate it.
I never ever, ever dabble in this stuff, but I think if we were to get Quick (5.8)/Muzzin(4), I think Neuvy(2.5, UFA) and Hagg (1.15) go. LA is then saving about 6.15. Experienced backup and a D-Man that can be inserted into the lineup immediately. LA currently has about $60k in capspace. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of our college forwards go too (ala Marody).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why would we want to gamble on Quick and his four more years at $5.8M?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Why would we want to gamble on Quick and his four more years at $5.8M?

Why not if he can be acquired for cheap?

In the best case you get an above average starter for a year or two, Carter Hart can learn the game at his own pace and take over in a couple of years.
In the worst case you get an over-the-hill overpaid goalie who can still be part of a tandem and you buy him out or flip him for a late pick. Lehtera comes off the books next season and that is almost the same cap hit. No harm done.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
@kudymen

Sorry homey, I remember a ww2 podcast that essentially talked about Patton having a fit when they wouldn't let him march past Austria and he said something in terms once russians come those countries are f***ed.

Last edited:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
@kudymen

Sorry homey, I remember a ww2 podcast that essentially talked Patton having a fit when they wouldn't let him march past Austria and said something in terms once russians come those countries are ****ed.

Yeah one of many infuriating stories about WWII, Patton arrived to Pilsen (western border of the country) on the 6th of May and continued to march on Prague (he was 2-3 hours away from there) to set it free - but as you said he was stopped, basically told to wait for the Soviets (marching from Dresden by that time I believe) who have arrived to Prague on the 9th.... Patton could have been there already. Eisenhower's command made Patton wait for 2-3 days on that line

My apologies if I got some dates slightly wrong there, but thats the story I have heard numerous times

Edit - I will gladly hear some history buff correct me if I got somethign wrong there. Czech intelligence agency claims the way history is taught nowadays around here is often Soviet version. But the Patton story was forbidden (seriously) to spread when behind the Iron Curtain...

Last edited:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Yeah one of many infuriating stories about WWII, Patton arrived to Pilsen (western border of the country) on the 6th of May and continued to march on Prague (he was 2-3 hours away from there) to set it free - but as you said he was stopped, basically told to wait for the Soviets (marching from Dresden by that time I believe) who have arrived to Prague on the 9th.... Patton could have been there already. Eisenhower's command made Patton wait for 2-3 days on that line

My apologies if I got some dates slightly wrong there, but thats the story I have heard numerous times

Edit - I will gladly hear some history buff correct me if I got somethign wrong there. Czech intelligence agency claims the way history is taught nowadays around here is often Soviet version. But the Patton story was forbidden (seriously) to spread when behind the Iron Curtain...
Germanys defeat at Stalingrad was pretty much the beginning of USA Russian conflict. Theres some crazy stories from those times. There was supposedly one Russian sub of the coast of Cuba that got located by us Navy and they were contemplating using a knic clear warhead or something. Then there was one nuclear sub that sunk near pearl harbor and navy spent some ridiculous money to recover it. Recovery boat was built in Philly. ;)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't see much point in trading for older players, the year is shot.
Now someone 25-26 who is cost controlled and fits Fletcher's vision is worth a package.

I suspect, unless the Flyers go on an incredible roll the next 2-3 weeks, that Fletcher starts the fire sale in late January.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Out of all people... Colby Armstrong is trying to give his "hockey" opinion on Flyers and Hart on sportsnet.
tough to watch. i'll tell you.. tough to watch.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
what did he say?
What can he actually say.. When the Flyers played Pittsburgh... That piece of shit king of blind shots. I hated his ass...

But all 3 bashing Flyers.. weak ass team not psychical. 30th at this 30th at that...

I switched.... cheesy show.

Reactions: Jtown

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Yup i think Frost and Farabee for Schenn should about do it . Get this board really wound up . lol
I was thinking Parayko and Tarasenko... for Voracek and god knows who else... we have young players and picks as well as young prospects or aging veterans.. We have it all.. I think Blues are in panic mode. Give it time.. they have Berube as head coach so they will not improve.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
20181218_150501.jpg

Charlie Coyle signed and returned the card I sent him, so I give Minnesota full permission to trade him now that that's done.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Martel in just his 6th pro game of the year and 2nd NHL game of his career, picks up his 1st NHL point. Happy for him.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How could we possibly let this kid go, between him and Marody, I see multiple allstar berths.

Good for Martel, he's got spunk, about all he's got, not much more room in those pants.
But frankly I think Varone is a better player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Hamilton trade is not looking great for Carolina.

He has 10 points and Ferland has 13, but Hanifin has 15 and Lindholm has 37.

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Martel apparently got jumped after his penalty expired last night. Canucks didn’t like the 2 minute assessment on his borderline hit.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

I thought Calgary got the better end of that deal when the trade happened but everything I read online said Carolina fleeced them.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

They made some really bad moves this summer. Skinner has more points than any player on the Hurricanes and they basically gave him away for nothing.

Looks like they're just doomed to be forever mediocre.

Reactions: Asnito

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hamilton's career is weird. I see people saying he needs his brother on the team to play well....

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad