Miscellaneous NHL Talk V9.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I'm always late, but re: Sockeyes, I can only ever think of
sock.gif

Have to think Sockeye is the leader at this point. Didn't they indirectly reveal their main color to be red? Red-green as a scheme, perhaps with some grey or silver, matches how sockeyes look when horny:

spawning-salmon.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If Q is so great, how come Chicago was as bad last year as the Flyers this year (76 points)?
It's not like they didn't have similar talent to the Flyers (Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Schmaltz, Saad, Keith).
Oh, Crawford got hurt and they went through 5 goalies?
I think Q’s a good coach & I’d take him here, but he wouldn’t solve this team’s problems any more than he solved Chicago’s problems last season & earlier this season.

But people are still clinging to the notion that coaching is at the top of the list of reasons for the Flyers’ woes.

That doesn’t mean I don’t want a new coach; I’d probably target Sheldon Keefe in the off-season because this is going to be a young team.

Reactions: hatcher

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I think Q’s a good coach & I’d take him here, but he wouldn’t solve this team’s problems any more than he solved Chicago’s problems last season & earlier this season.

But people are still clinging to the notion that coaching is at the top of the list of reasons for the Flyers’ woes.

That doesn’t mean I don’t want a new coach; I’d probably target Sheldon Keefe in the off-season because this is going to be a young team.

I'd take him. I still think Q and his experience is what this team needs but as far as up and comers go, he's at the top.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Islanders are much better this year because losing Tavares for nothing actually improved their roster. Certainly has nothing to do with adding one of the league's best coaches. :sarcasm:

Might have something to do with the previous coach being a Gordon disciple.
And adding Lehner.

While the previous scheme hurt the goalies, (Halak - .908 was the lowest of his career, other than an injury season at 27), I don't think changing coaches explains all of Greiss going from .892 to .914, while Lehner is putting up a .927 S%.
With a PDO of 101.7, regression to the mean the second half is likely.
Both their PP and PK are ranked 25th in the league.
The difference this year is EV defense, and that's both coaching and goaltending.

But how can you take seriously a coach who plays Filppula (and his 43.5 Corsi and E +/- -7.1) and Komarov 14 minutes a night. :sarcasm:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
sock.gif

Have to think Sockeye is the leader at this point. Didn't they indirectly reveal their main color to be red? Red-green as a scheme, perhaps with some grey or silver, matches how sockeyes look when horny:

spawning-salmon.jpg

If they are red and named Sockeyes, they should already move the team elsewhere.

Seattle is f***ing green/emerald god damn it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
sock.gif

spawning-salmon.jpg

I would like to qualify my 'like' as being for the sock puppet and not the illustration of fish promiscuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad