Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I think the Flyers would have an easier time prying Trouba out of Winnipeg than Pietroangelo but whatever works!

I could live with either. But am I nuts to think a package of:
  • young, cost controlled NHL dman (Hagg)
  • #1 pick (from Simmer trade)
  • & 2 B prospects (one from trade, one from our system)
could get either one?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I could live with either. But am I nuts to think a package of:
  • young, cost controlled NHL dman (Hagg)
  • #1 pick (from Simmer trade)
  • & 2 B prospects (one from trade, one from our system)
could get either one?

If the Flyers acquired either I could see possibly Myers going the other way. A top four of Ghost, Sanheim, Provorov and Trouba/Pietroangelo is pretty good. Can't imagine them getting much better than that.

Hagg and Gudas on a bottom pair isn't terrible either.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
No other team is going to want Robert Hagg in a package for their good defensemen. We are the only team stupid enough to use him as a top 4 defensemen.

Hagg has real trade value. I'm absolutely positive of this and you know how long and how thoroughly I've trashed his game.

Look at the returns when cost-controlled Defensemen get moved. Your potential market is a little limited by team philosophy, but it's still sizable.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hagg has real trade value. I'm absolutely positive of this and you know how long and how thoroughly I've trashed his game.

Look at the returns when cost-controlled Defensemen get moved. Your potential market is a little limited by team philosophy, but it's still sizable.

Bad players shouldn't have trade value though.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Hockey Central talking about Simmonds to Leafs.

1st+prospect...Or Johnsson+ pick....even mentioned him for Kapanen.

If only!

To add...said Simmer is a great "fit" for the Leafs. Kyper said we will get a good return, but not a Kapanen...but more than a 1st. Said other teams will want him and someone will beat a "2nd+prospect" offer.
That's kinda of why I hope they keep trending down for a bit so they sell Simmonds and don't resign him to an awful contract.

Reactions: Tripod

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Elite Prospects - NHL Entry Draft 2018

Farabee I think is doing fine. But it sure would be nice to have Miller as well.

Farabee is doing well. Especially considering BU is a total offensive black hole this year.

Ginning was such a trash pick by Hextalls standards.

If it makes you feel better, it's certainly looking like Zamula was a grade A heist. He would have easily been a worthy choice in the 2nd round. After watching his entire game from Sunday, I'm starting to wonder if he wouldn't have been a worthy late 1st rounder.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Ha ha ha... This is exactly what I said on draft day... Miller went to new york.. lool while velino ended up in Detroit I think. We drafted 2nd round in 1st... Not all wasted of course but come on... Could of drafted a better player

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ha ha ha... This is exactly what I said on draft day... Miller went to new york.. lool while velino ended up in Detroit I think. We drafted 2nd round in 1st... Now all wasted of course but come on... Could of drafted a better player

When I find myself in times of trouble, Casey Mittelstadt comes to me,
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness he is doing pull ups right in front of me,
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
No other team is going to want Robert Hagg in a package for their good defensemen. We are the only team stupid enough to use him as a top 4 defensemen.

May I remind you that MDZ & Brandon Manning both got multi-year deal for over 2 million a year from other teams?

My favorite thing about thinking of a Robert Hagg trade, apart from the whole "I won't have to suffer while watching him play for my team anymore" thing, is that some team(s) will have an overinflated idea of what he brings to the table (big, young, physical, safe, and look at those points!) and will offer something far more valuable than they should in return for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad