Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The thing with St. Louis is Buffalo owns their pick if it reverts to next year without any protection. So if they move pieces they can’t be doing so to go backwards. That’s going to probably make things tough.

I don’t think Armstrong has necessarily done a bad job recently in building a roster & all that but ultimately if you have to dial it back at this point I would rather someone else being doing if I was ownership.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The thing with St. Louis is Buffalo owns their pick if it reverts to next year without any protection. So if they move pieces they can’t be doing so to go backwards. That’s going to probably make things tough.

I don’t think Armstrong has necessarily done a bad job recently in building a roster & all that but ultimately if you have to dial it back at this point I would rather someone else being doing if I was ownership.
Yeah given that pick being in limbo, you have to think they go more with a shakeup, not a rebuild.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
St Louis is the object lesson in not trying to trade your way into becoming a Cup contender.
Though to be fair, they did a good job trading both ways and limiting the damage.
ROR and Schenn are young enough to justify those trades.
But it shows, no point strengthening the deck if you haven't fixed the holes in the hull, you still end up sinking.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Bad players shouldn't have trade value though.

He's not a "bad player." He's not Manning or something like that. He is a NHL level defenseman, with a "proscribed" skill set, who is badly misused by his coach. But is he an NHL player. And young. And affordable. He's a proven 5-6, upside of a 4. For cheap in this league, that has value.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Those are so sweet. Carolina should change its nickname and logo to the Whalers. There may not be much of a whaling industry in Carolina, but I'm sure there are plenty of fatties, so it would work.

I am in the RTP area on a roughly monthly interval. And it is unfair to say the (anatomically) female population is overweight. It falls neatly into average, with (bias?) the Philly area being more attractive and of roughly similar proportions .

Dont @ me for my honesty.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I drew an advanced graph breaking down the Tim Peel wang goal from last night, and it looked exactly the same.

patrick-star-vector-800x566.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad