Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Couturier was a very good player starting in 13-14 when he was 21, and a 2C in 15-16 when he was 23. Only idiots and people with sad agendas couldn't see that.
And they didn't learn their lessons because we still see the same type of stupid complaints about young players.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Crawford career may be over sadly

Looks like another concussion on brutal collision as Kane threw Strome into him and Crawford hit back of his head into crossbar and had Strome land on top of him

#### Evander Kane

Oh hell, that’s awful. It was always super weird to me how little he was appreciated nationally given how much of a rush people are generally in to anoint Goalies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Crawford career may be over sadly

Looks like another concussion on brutal collision as Kane threw Strome into him and Crawford hit back of his head into goalpost and had Strome land on top of him

#### Evander Kane
Homer post is homer

3 guys rushing the net, Kane didn't "throw" him

Sucks to see him get hurt as it's more than likely another concussion. Hopefully it won't be as bad as his last

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He’s 130 goals away from Jagr for third place. He’s 165 behind Howe & 258 behind Gretzky.

The fortunate thing for Ovie is scoring league wide has really jumped these past two years. From 2010-2017 the league was somewhere in the 2.70 range for goals per game. Last year they jumped up to 2.97 & this year it’s at 3.11 so far.

But he’s also probably going to see a third work stoppage during his career coming up here. That’s another thing that guys that have been playing during the 94-95, 04-05, & 12-13 seasons have dealt with.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
My bad, but aren't they same in terms of their lifestyle?

Nah IMO whether justified or not it seems like Russia is in its own category. Slovaks and Czechs seem to be closer to the Swedes and Finns.

I don’t think Czechs or Slovaks like being associated with Russia. They also don’t like it being called Czechoslovakia either.

@kudymen is a Czech, he could tell you better.

I didnt get a notification about being tagged here but I am going to tell you one thing, if anyone ever even suggests I could be compared to a Russian, I will shoot them in their face. And I dont have a gun. :laugh: Nah I am just having a bad morning seeing Hak still employed :laugh:

I guess historically the Czechs and Slovaks are quite close to the Russians, all of us being Slavs obviously being big part of it, however the Czechs have at least been under great influence of Germany for several centuries (edit - although in this sense it is probably more appropriate to say Austrian influence considering the origin of the Habsburgs). I would say Eastern Slovaks may be closer to Ukrainian lifestyle in some ways, however the Russians would still hold their own, being way too specific.

Btw. the Czechoslovakia thing is a funny business, I dont think it is a matter of "not liking being called Czechoslovakia", its just that it has been 25 years now - quite a long adjustment period to new geopolitical players, however these two countries combined are smaller than North Dakota (benchmark picked on purpose), sooo... It is understandable. :laugh: I will always remeber that old lady in Atlanta, when I was doing a survey at Moe's Southwestern Grill, some 50ish woman approached me, after a while she recognized I am not from the US - and when I specifically said I was from the Czech republic, she called her mother (70/80ish?) saying "loooook this young man is from Czechoslovakia!". It is what it is, I kind of like remembering we once were the same country - way better feeling than hearing "you are from one of the Soviet countries" or whatever. As mentioned, due to the Iron Curtain there is always a strong dislike towards being associated with the Russians, despite all of us being Slavs.

Last edited:

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
I didnt get a notification about being tagged here but I am going to tell you one thing, if anyone ever even suggests I could be compared to a Russian, I will shoot them in their face. And I dont have a gun. :laugh: Nah I am just having a bad morning seeing Hak still employed :laugh:

I guess historically the Czechs and Slovaks are quite close to the Russians, all of us being Slavs obviously being big part of it, however the Czechs have at least been under great influence of Germany for several centuries. I would say Eastern Slovaks may be closer to Ukrainian lifestyle in some ways, however the Russians would still hold their own, being way too specific.

Btw. the Czechoslovakia thing is a funny business, I dont think it is a matter of "not liking being called Czechoslovakia", its just that it has been 25 years now - quite a long adjustment period to new geopolitical players, however these two countries combined are smaller than North Dakota (benchmark picked on purpose), sooo... It is understandable. :laugh: I will always remeber that old lady in Atlanta, when I was doing a survey at Moe's Southwestern Grill, some 50ish woman approached me, after a while she recognized I am not from the US - and when I specifically said I was from the Czech republic, she called her mother (70/80ish?) saying "loooook this young man is from Czechoslovakia!". It is what it is, I kind of like remembering we once were the same country - way better feeling than hearing "you are from one of the Soviet countries" or whatever. As mentioned, due to the Iron Curtain there is always a strong dislike towards being associated with the Russians, despite all of us being Slavs.

Comrade @kudymen is a good kommunist, da! Proletarians of the world, unite! :D

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I guess historically the Czechs and Slovaks are quite close to the Russians, all of us being Slavs obviously being big part of it, however the Czechs have at least been under great influence of Germany for several centuries. I would say Eastern Slovaks may be closer to Ukrainian lifestyle in some ways, however the Russians would still hold their own, being way too specific.

One of my favorite things on the Spittin Chiclets podcast is the stories about the KHL & Russia from Ryan Whitney & the guests who come on who played over there. :laugh:

Reactions: kudymen

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Trade between St. Louis and the Flyers sorta makes too much sense not to happen, if Chuck really wants to turn this season around.

I would basically give up the farm to get Tarasenko and one of Pietrangelo/Parayko. I would rather have Parayko but I'm not sure why the Blues would trade him.

Tarasenko would be an incredible get and might even entice Panarin to sign here as well. The thing is I don't see the Flyers being as high on him as us (fans). The Flyers as an organization have never been one to place an emphasis on goal-scoring wingers. The goal-scoring wingers the Flyers have had like Kerr and LeClair were basically acquired on accident; Kerr was signed as an amateur free agent and LeClair was the second guy in the Desjardins trade. Before and after Lindros, LeClair was a 20-30 goal scorer, and with Lindros, he was a 50-goal scorer.

Reactions: Grebinator

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t think Czechs or Slovaks like being associated with Russia. They also don’t like it being called Czechoslovakia either.

@kudymen is a Czech, he could tell you better.

Czechoslovakia goes back to the Austrian-Hungarian empire, which maintained the peace in that part of the world before it devolved into tribalism. At least the breakup of Czechoslovokia was peaceful, but the disintegration of Yugoslovia was a disaster.

All of these countries are in a sense artificial, try drawing the "true" boundaries of Poland, for example.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Don't know where to put this and don't feel like dragging up the Hagg thread but Pronman's redraft of 2013 has him ranking Hagg 27th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad