Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Basically they're OK b/c MAF turned his season around:
Oct: 5-4-1 .897
Nov: 9-4 .920
Dec: 3-2 .896

Vegas will live and die with MAF this season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers have no business taking back bad contracts at this point. They've done it with Lehtera, RJ Umberger, and sticking it out with MacDonald. They don't need to be taking back crappy players to ice them. The Flyers should be willing to use an asset or two to improve the roster.

They don't need to take bad contracts, but they can take overpays.
Stars on long-term contracts tend to be overpaid the last couple years, but it doesn't mean they can't still play.
The trick is to get a Filppula a year early rather than a year late, that is, identify which overpay has some game left in him.

Flyers really just need to bridge for 1-2 seasons before the prospects arrive en masse.
You really can't trade them until then, how much value does say Ratcliffe have right now?
But pick up a 3C and that gives you a year for Frost to arrive, and then Rubtsov next spring.
Pick up an upgrade over Folin/MacDonald and you don't have to rush Morin back off injury or Myers from LHV.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Are canes run and gun team or do they just shoot from everywhere?
Edit: holy carp i just looked it up and they are first in both shots for and shots against.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I was riding along with that movie until the New Cenobites came out and they were straight up Mega Man villains based on the person's job.

Segues from hockey to Hellraiser: this is why I post here.
giphy.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Strome with another goal tonight (An absolute beauty) and just missed on having 2nd

I really like this kid and think he will be big part of Hawks going forward in coming years

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Jackets lose again, we should be easily in playoffs with our roster
Might be the worst division in the NHL... only the Cup champs are worth their salt.

If the Flyers can go into 2019 at or above 0.500, they'll have a pretty good shot. Everyone in the division sucks and is streaky.

The Flyers have a tough December schedule, so it's likely moot, but one can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad