Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
you know what, i would just improve the team now like the bruins did and miss the playoffs, it paid for them in the next year, if we miss the playoffs, we miss the playoffs, at least next year, we will have pieces in place hopefully with a new coach and this team will definitely have a run next year, we are not bad enough to get jack hughes anyway, if we get lucky that's icing on the cake.

i would rather just use the trade deadline to improve the team if we make the playoffs or not.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
StL is on the backside. If they are smart, they take picks and as many high potential prospects as possible. Because they are staring into the abyss.

Their situation isnt all that much different than ours. They have some U25 talent on the roster (Parayko, Dunn, Fabbri, Kyrou, Thomas) and some quality vets to support them (Pietrangelo, Tarasenko, O'Reilly, Schenn, Schwartz, Steen). Their biggrst issues are goaltending and coaching, just like ours. They maybe had TOO MUCH roster turnover this past summer too and just are not gelling.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am in the RTP area on a roughly monthly interval. And it is unfair to say the (anatomically) female population is overweight. It falls neatly into average, with (bias?) the Philly area being more attractive and of roughly similar proportions .

Dont @ me for my honesty.

I never said "female population of fatties," you feel me? And I never said "more than average" - I said "plenty" - don't work against the dream of having the Whalers back, bro, just go with it. ;)

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Those are so sweet. Carolina should change its nickname and logo to the Whalers. There may not be much of a whaling industry in Carolina, but I'm sure there are plenty of fatties, so it would work.
Whalers and Bruins used to have a great rivalry. Always remember how the fact that their arena was in a mall was brought up in Flyer's telecasts...

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not a commentary on Nolan Patrick but looking at Miro Heiskanen - wow. What a player he’s going to be.
It’s way early but the Patrick pick is looking like a disaster compared to who was picked after him. If everybody wants to excuse it because of “consensus” just remember Yakupov was also consensus. It’s not like there weren’t concerns about Patrick even before his injury plagued draft year that he might only top out as a 2nd line center which’s seems pretty accurate right now.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Doug MacLean saying how he traded a 7th rounder for another 7th rounder in a different year. He asked the other GM if he wanted anything else, and the guy wanted a free round of golf on the owners private course. The deal was made on that condition.

Kyper saying Flyers Mgt likely are seeing how Elias Pettersson is playing and heat comes down on Hextall for passing on him...regardless if few people had EP as a top 2 pick. Also said Patrick will never be that good. "we can say that now".

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's always the same people too

On the bright side someone suggested trading Mittelstadt for Patrick 1 for 1.....

SeuXUJl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad