Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nashville are not going to want Simmonds given how they are handling Washington.

Rocco Grimaldi with a hi-light reel goal.

Who was the hater of him on here?

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Grant McCagg.

"I can't honestly recall scouting a forward over 6-4 with a skill set as similar to Mario (Lemieux)'s as Laine's," says McCagg. "The way he creates space when he has the puck, his hands, his release, his shot, his vision...maybe he's not quite at Mario's level...but he's not that far off. He's a tier above Rick Nash at the same age...and as we know both Nash and Mario were first overall picks. I have a hard time thinking anyone should be drafted ahead of him even if I really like Matthews a lot...I see a future 50-goal NHL scorer, maybe a 60-goal guy. I don't see that same upside with Matthews."

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I think teams could go back and find the guys who said they'd take Laine over Matthews, or called him a high IQ guy, and fire them into the sun.
Still impressive effing player, it's just that Matthews is absolutely effing bonkers. Other than mcdavid he might be the single best player drafted in past 5 years.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Still impressive effing player, it's just that Matthews is absolutely effing bonkers. Other than mcdavid he might be the single best player drafted in past 5 years.

Matthews is definitely bonkers.

I just think when you compare a guy to Mario Lemieux and he's got 8 assists halfway through the season, you've really missed the mark. No one is remotely like Mario Lemieux, certainly not Laine. I realize there are clips of Laine on breakaways as a teenager where he looks extremely impressive.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"I can't honestly recall scouting a forward over 6-4 with a skill set as similar to Mario (Lemieux)'s as Laine's," says McCagg. "The way he creates space when he has the puck, his hands, his release, his shot, his vision...maybe he's not quite at Mario's level...but he's not that far off. He's a tier above Rick Nash at the same age...and as we know both Nash and Mario were first overall picks. I have a hard time thinking anyone should be drafted ahead of him even if I really like Matthews a lot...I see a future 50-goal NHL scorer, maybe a 60-goal guy. I don't see that same upside with Matthews."

That mofo is the most obnoxious, smug, condescending, petty POS. And he’s wrong so often it makes those qualities laughably pathetic.

His top 3 that season was 1) Laine 2) Matthews 3)McLeod fwiw.

I saw he was attacking some random kid on Twitter the other day for daring to have a Habs prospect ranking different than his. Just ridiculed the person and differentiating between himself and internet scouts, which is extra funny because that’s what he is. Just a terrible one.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Knights lose to Jets 4-1, 2 ENG. Outshot them 44-27. Obviously Pirri had the only goal.

I said the other day that Simmonds isn't a fit for Vegas but they could be interested given their struggles on the PP lately. However, they seem to have that problem where they don't want Pirri to play on a checking line, so when Reilly Smith comes back there's not an obvious spot for Simmer -- Reaves has played quite well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Laughton with 18 points on the year to schenns 24. Yuck!
Even though Laughton might just be having a career year he already amassed 200 nhl games and very well could end up with 4 to 5 hundred when all is said and done. Not too shabby for a bust, eh?

It's more a matter of Schenn coming back to earth, last year he had 51 ES points, previously, 27, 37, 28, 32.
This year he's on a 34 point pace, which is about his norm.
A solid 2nd/3rd line guy, and we got Frost AND Farabee for him (and Lehtera's two years).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
"The captain, Ryan Getzlaf, did notch an assist tonight to bring him up to 1-3-4 in this 12-game losing streak. [1-1-2 of that was Friday night in the Pittsburgh loss.] However, he is -19 during the streak, and he's been at least -1 in every one of these losses."

And this team is still better than the Flyers.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
LeBrun says Bob told CBJ months ago he'd consider waiving for the right deal. He's spitballing, but suggests the Flyers, Islanders and Blues are 3 teams he'd consider as potential trade spots. What?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
LeBrun says Bob told CBJ months ago he'd consider waiving for the right deal. He's spitballing, but suggests the Flyers, Islanders and Blues are 3 teams he'd consider as potential trade spots. What?

I could see both the Islanders and Blues working as they really need a real #1. Allen is really not good and the Islanders would probably like a real #1 until Sorokin comes in and takes over in a few years.

I could also see the Flames as Bob would be an overall upgrade over Smith and Rittich.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

if those are the 3 teams he thinks , he is nuts. Bob wants to go to a major city, but the NYi and the flyers i just see as a bad fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad